Author Topic: overtraining while on gear  (Read 3962 times)

HammerHead1234

overtraining while on gear
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:31:21 PM »
my dude just started a cycle, and he hasnt really made his workouts any more intense..He said hes worried about overtraining but I told him while on gear he could get away with 5 intense days of training a week easy. But hes not so easily convinced.

Is he taking the right precautions or should he step it up a little like I have put out there.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: overtraining while on gear
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:35:39 AM »
I always seem to step up the intensity when on.  You should be preforming at a high level when on gear....or what's the point?

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 06:57:06 AM »
my dude just started a cycle, and he hasnt really made his workouts any more intense..He said hes worried about overtraining but I told him while on gear he could get away with 5 intense days of training a week easy. But hes not so easily convinced.

Is he taking the right precautions or should he step it up a little like I have put out there.

you mean hes not working out intensely 5 days a week now??? he should be doing that naturally!

what does his program look like?

hammerhead1234

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 09:13:48 AM »
its his first cycle...looks like this

250mg test-e mon and thurs
d-bol 3 or 4 a day
nolvadex i think twice a week too

he takes nolvadex while juicing because while being a teenager he always had the adolescent gyno goin on, and so hes more hesitant and feels safer taking nolvadex at the same time.

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 11:31:33 AM »
its his first cycle...looks like this

250mg test-e mon and thurs
d-bol 3 or 4 a day
nolvadex i think twice a week too

he takes nolvadex while juicing because while being a teenager he always had the adolescent gyno goin on, and so hes more hesitant and feels safer taking nolvadex at the same time.

sorry...i meant his training program....what does that look like?

hammerhead1234

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 03:21:43 PM »
Monday - Chest/Back/Abs
Wednesday - Bis/Tris/Calves
Thursday - Abs
Friday - Delts/Traps/Calves
Saturday - Legs

He also does HIIT Monday - Saturday for 15-20 minutes

I told him whatever his weakiest bodypart, train it twice that week and should be fine...I gave him this

Monday - Chest/Bis/Abs
Tuesday - Back/Tris/Calves
Wednesday - Hams/Traps
Thursday - Chest/Quads/Abs
Friday - Back/Calves

chest and back are his weakiest which is why the twice a week hitting them. Plus HIIT 5 times a week still and his bulk phase would be nicely done...hows it look?

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 04:20:44 PM »
If he's trying to bulk, I think five-day-per-week HIIT, @ 15-20 min/session is overkill.  I mean, that's a minimum of 1.25 hrs of high intensity cardio. WAY too much, IMO.  Don't worry about trying to minimize fat gain by doing a lot of cardio.  The steroids will take care of that quite nicely.

I really don't see the point of doing any more than two HIIT cardio sessions per week, especially when they're 15-20 minutes long.  Honestly, I think that since he just started the cycle, he should start with one HIIT session per week, and maybe a couple brisk outdoor walks for 20-30 min. each week if he wants.  You could increase the cardio from there if it's really needed.  But to get the most out of the cycle and to avoid overtraining, I highly suggest cutting back the cardio.  Or doing none altogether.

tweak05

• Getbig II
  • Get Big Baby
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 11:43:58 PM »
that split doesnt look too bad either...I too have a stingy chest and back, hmmmm. That might just take care of my next split

and I agree with Blake, that much intense cardio while on gear, totally unessecary, the gear will keep his body fat in total check. For example, if hes at 8-9%, he could gain 15-25lbs of muscle with an end result of maybe 10,11, maybe 12%...if hes worried about the abs issue, he shouldnt be. if he is minimize the HIIT to twice a week. Hes trying to bulk, not lose. Whats your friends stats anyway?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 08:56:08 PM »

Depends on his genetics and how intensely he trains.

I put my soul in to my workouts, pushing everything to failure.....and maxing out on every last set.

Alot of people SAY they work out intensely, but believe me, there are only a few people I see that really put their all in to a workout......they rather watch other people workout, or talk to bitches in the gym.   ::)

If your friend has decent genetics he could workout 4 days per week and be fine, if his genetics are poor he might have to up it to 5 or 6.

I workout EOD......M,W,F,Sunday......plus an hour of cardio after my hour of weightwork.

It takes alot to get through a whole workout in an hour and still max everything out.

Remember, anything over an hour and you start building up an inordinate amount of lactic acid, which is counterproductive to what you want to do: RECOVER quickly.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...