Author Topic: Exercises that should be banned!  (Read 14480 times)

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
Exercises that should be banned!
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:10:53 PM »
Ok kids. I'm going to list the exercises that do nothing for me, or are dangerous. Also what i feel when i do them. I'm a big critic on form, so i know I'm doing everything correctly. Also keep in mind I'm 6'2'' so maybe some exercises just aren't made for taller structures. Add to the list, or articulate on it.

1. DB pullovers: No effect whatsoever! Sometimes my tri's actually get sore as all hell!
2. Close grip bench presses: Excellent way to f**k up your shoulder joints, and wrists.
3. Behind the neck military presses: If I had 10 dollars for everyone i know who blew out a disk, or injured their spinal column...
4. Behind the neck pulldowns: The body is just not meant for certain angles. This B disk blower #2 matey.
5. Upright rows: No matter the grip, I feel this is the single most overrated for nothing exercise ever!
6. sternum pulldowns: Hurts my shoulder joints everytime!

I think that's pretty much it. I'll post whatever else comes to mind, but these make the top list! I'll never do them again. NEVER!!!

ROOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!
CEA999

Carmello

• Getbig III
Re: Excersises that should be banned!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:12:42 PM »
Oh yeah i forgot. ALL AB MACHINES!! THEY DO NOTHING!!! Just man, or bitch up, and do oldschool ab excersises! They're the king!
CEA999

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:17:01 PM »
Ok kids. I'm going to list the excersises that do nothing for me, or are dangerous. Also what i feel when i do them. I'm a big critic on form, so i know i'm doing everything correctly. Also keep in mind I'm 6'2'' so maybe some excersises just aren't made for taller structures. Add to the list, or articulate on it.

1. DB pullovers: No effect whatsoever! Sometimes my tri's actually get sore as all hell!
2. Close grip bench presses: Excelent way to f**k up your shoulder joints, and wrists.
3. Behind the neck millitary presses: If I had 10 dollars for everyone i know who blew out a disk, or injured their spinal column...
4. Behind the neck pulldowns: The body is just not meant for certain angles. This B disk blower #2 matey.
5. Upright rows: No matter the grip, I feel this is the single most overrated for nothing excersise ever!

I think that's pretty much it. I'll post whatever else comes to mind, but these make the top list! I'll never do them again. NEVER!!!

ROOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!

Is this for real?

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 10:27:56 PM »
Yes, I'm dead serious. I don't start joke training topics.
CEA999

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:55:27 AM »
Squats are the worse exercise for your body as far as undue stress on your spine.  Your body is not made to have heavy weight put atop your shoulders and then go down with while bending at all.  The even slightest bend is bad.  No matter what you will bend at some point at sometime.  The weight compresses your discs.  Even deads are bad.  I'm talking strictly bad for your body and joints.  Not the results you get from them

apk19

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 06:18:45 AM »
Squats are the worse exercise for your body as far as undue stress on your spine. Your body is not made to have heavy weight put atop your shoulders and then go down with while bending at all. The even slightest bend is bad. No matter what you will bend at some point at sometime. The weight compresses your discs. Even deads are bad. I'm talking strictly bad for your body and joints. Not the results you get from them

Sure thing but I think the body adapts to that kind of stress. Obviously it's rediculous to start heavy for the biggest of exercises.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 07:56:26 AM »
some of those mentioned usually gets into threads like this, havent heard anything bad about close grip benches before though
Z

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 08:10:11 AM »
I suggest that whatever the hell fucked up my rotator cuff- i suspect it was a slippage of form during my last heavy set of clean and presses.
:-)

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 11:37:27 AM »
some of those mentioned usually gets into threads like this, havent heard anything bad about close grip benches before though
I always hurt my wrists on this exercise, and last time i did cgbp i hurt my shoulder, and couldn't train for 2 weeks. I couldn't raise my left arm up sideways. Thank God it fully healed. I hate CGPB! I never Liked them!

I think the best triceps mass makers are weighted dips, db french presses, and skull crushers. I like to pump 'em up with cable rope push downs, or "V" bar pushdowns. I don't like kick backs, but I'll probably do 'em when i get more mass, for fine tuning.
CEA999

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Exercises that should be banned!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 12:21:12 PM »
the only one I agree with is Upright Rows..This exefcise should never be done, even if u think(or feel) its not doing anything to your RC's.
follow the arrows

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 12:27:06 PM »
Ok kids. I'm going to list the exercises that do nothing for me, or are dangerous. Also what i feel when i do them. I'm a big critic on form, so i know I'm doing everything correctly. Also keep in mind I'm 6'2'' so maybe some exercises just aren't made for taller structures. Add to the list, or articulate on it.

2. Close grip bench presses: Excellent way to f**k up your shoulder joints, and wrists.
3. Behind the neck military presses: If I had 10 dollars for everyone i know who blew out a disk, or injured their spinal column...
5. Upright rows: No matter the grip, I feel this is the single most overrated for nothing exercise ever!

ROOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!

Close grip bench are one of the best exercises for tris
And upright rows are also one of the best exercises for shoulders, you are missing out on a couple really good movements.  IMO.
W

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 12:28:56 PM »
Squats are the worse exercise for your body as far as undue stress on your spine.  Your body is not made to have heavy weight put atop your shoulders and then go down with while bending at all.  The even slightest bend is bad.  No matter what you will bend at some point at sometime.  The weight compresses your discs.  Even deads are bad.  I'm talking strictly bad for your body and joints.  Not the results you get from them

The body wasn't made for any sort of heavy lifting then.

In my opinion, the benifits are far greater than the risks when it comes to squats and deads.  Those are 2 exercises that are a must.
W

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 01:19:24 PM »

ROOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!

this is true...IF you don't know what you are doing.

blowing disks doing a behind the neck pull down? huh?

i've done every exercise on the list besides the sternum pulldowns and i completely disagree with you.

how long have you been training? do you max out on every exercise or something?

close grip bench can hurt your wrists/shoulders if you use bad form or too much weight too soon, same with upright rows. some exercises need to be performed with more caution than others. the only exercises that have ever hurt my shoulders is BB military press to the front and hammer strength decline machines.

8)

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 01:37:12 PM »
I suggest that whatever the hell fucked up my rotator cuff- i suspect it was a slippage of form during my last heavy set of clean and presses.

i just noticed, i can say fucked but not fuck on here? hmmm........
:-)

g0ddang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »
CGBP kills my wrist. i hate'em.... a GOOD alternative for CGBP's in my opinion is simply doing BP's with an inside palm grip.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 02:48:41 PM »
if your wrist hurts. then maybe your going to close of a crip

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 02:50:13 PM »
I don't like close grip benches either. Regular benches are good enough.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 03:08:35 PM »
no wonder your tris are small and sore, you never did cgbp
the best tri exercise bar none
you truly are the retard i envisioned you to be
congrats
I have no trouble getting them to grow with the alternative exercises I've listed above asshole. FYI, I'm getting progressively stronger, and larger doing what I'm doing. If you're short, that's not my problem, don't take it out on me. I'm simply making an argument on longer, different structured people like myself. I've never heard someone like Gunter, or Arnold do CGBP, and they're triceps were great. For that matter, I never read them doing a couple of exercises on my list.

Like I said b 4, post something helpful u fukin poser. I know u hate being small, so u gotta pose yourself as someone u wish u were. Bottom line; what's good for the Dragon (me) isn't always good for the penguin (You.Fag bag).
CEA999

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »
arnold and gunter both had/has shitty tris
btw, im 6'2

you are an idiot who has no idea about training or nutrition
post not on here again
Your mother had shitty triceps too, but u don't see everyone posting that here now do u?  ;D Besides, Arnold didn't need them to win 7 O's, and Gunter's tri's are better than the current Mr.O.
Thank you!
When u start posting knowledgeable comments, or something openly debatable then you're little insults might mean something. You're 6'2'' away from 10 feet penguin.

loler= OWNED!!!
-Goodnight!
CEA999

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2005, 03:50:59 PM »
Arnold had ok triceps, but gunther?
come on, man. It is stupid to say they had shitty triceps because they didnt do cgbp though..At the pro level it is pretty much a matter of genetics(for example Markus ruhl).
follow the arrows

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 04:45:49 PM »
Cardio should be banned indefinitely to the Bog of Eternal Stench.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 05:56:03 PM »
Use a ezcurl bar for closegrip benches.   Db pullovers are an excellent exercise for ribcage expansion and lat , upper pec , serattus developement.   Learn proper bio-mechanics and most exercises can be done successfully for years to come.

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 08:29:05 PM »
you are probably doing DB pull overs wrong or using too much weight.
CGDP go a little wider on your grip, i used to have the same problem as well. you can also use the camered bar. as far as it being the best i don't know. i think weighted dips are better personally.
up right rows are great results wise but they kill my shoulders so i stay away from them, and they are supposed to be hell on yout rotator cuffs
i never do anything behind the back but i think that is also supposed to bad for your rotator cuffs
arnold had good looking tris but they seriously lacked size gunter's sucks, he may have a beterr looking outer head than ronnie but beleive ronnie kills him in overall size.
fat till furthe

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 12:10:17 AM »
you are probably doing DB pull overs wrong or using too much weight.
CGDP go a little wider on your grip, i used to have the same problem as well. you can also use the camered bar. as far as it being the best i don't know. i think weighted dips are better personally.
up right rows are great results wise but they kill my shoulders so i stay away from them, and they are supposed to be hell on yout rotator cuffs
i never do anything behind the back but i think that is also supposed to bad for your rotator cuffs
arnold had good looking tris but they seriously lacked size gunter's sucks, he may have a beterr looking outer head than ronnie but beleive ronnie kills him in overall size.
Very good, very good. You're right on most of your points. I still won't do cgbp. Ronnie had an invisible triceps arguably, but Ronnie will never beat the smile though!
CEA999

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 03:23:32 AM »
Arnold had ok triceps, but gunther?
come on, man. It is stupid to say they had shitty triceps because they didnt do cgbp though..At the pro level it is pretty much a matter of genetics(for example Markus ruhl).

Very true.