Author Topic: Battlegrounds Among States With Higher Jobless Rates.  (Read 707 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Battlegrounds Among States With Higher Jobless Rates.
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:25:15 AM »
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/09/21/battlegrounds-among-states-with-higher-jobless-rates/?mod=WSJBlog

August marked yet another month of weak job growth for most U.S. states, according to Labor Department data out Friday.

The jobless rate rose in 26 states, declined in a dozen states and the nation’s capital, and held steady in the remaining states, the data show. Among the states seeing unemployment rate increases: New Hampshire, Michigan, Iowa and Pennsylvania — all of which are considered “battleground” states in the presidential election, meaning the race between President Barack Obama and GOP nominee will likely be close. Nevada, also a battleground state, continued to lead all 50 U.S. states with a 12.1% unemployment rate.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Battlegrounds Among States With Higher Jobless Rates.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:20 AM »
Washington (CNN) -- With the conventions fading into the rearview mirror and the first presidential debate fast approaching, new polls in crucial swing states suggest that GOP nominee Mitt Romney's road to the White House is becoming a more challenging ride.

Polls are a snapshot of how people feel right now. The election is still 6˝ weeks away, with three presidential debates and one vice-presidential debate between now and then that have the potential to change people's minds. But the numbers in many of these new surveys seem to favor President Barack Obama over Romney.

"Throughout the spring and summer, Romney advisers would look at the mostly dead-even polls and tell me, 'I'd a lot rather be in our position than theirs,'" said CNN chief political correspondent Candy Crowley. "They don't say that now, not because it's over -- clearly whatever edge the president has can be erased. They don't say that anymore because as fall opens, advantage Obama."

CNN's Polling Center

Romney was asked about the new surveys in an interview Friday that will appear on CBS's "60 Minutes" on Sunday.

"Actually, we're tied in the polls. We're all within a margin of error. We bounce around week to week, day to day. There are some days we're up. There are some days we're down," Romney said. "We've got a campaign which is tied with an incumbent president of the United States."

To win the White House, Romney needs to win all the states that Sen. John McCain carried in 2008, plus grab back about half a dozen that Obama turned from red to blue four years ago.

Romney campaigned Thursday in Florida, where two nonpartisan live operator polls conducted over the past two weeks both indicate Obama has a five-point advantage, which is within the surveys' sampling errors. Both the NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist and Fox News polls have the race at 49%-44%. Other, partisan surveys released since the end of the Democratic convention suggest a closer contest. Florida's 29 electoral votes are the biggest catch of the nine or so battleground states that both campaigns are heavily contesting.

New poll shows Obama pulling ahead

How will campaign criticism shape race?

King: A troubling trend for Romney

Obama's foreign policy approval drops In Ohio, an NBC/WSJ/Marist poll and a Fox News survey each have the president holding a seven-point lead, while an American Research Group survey shows Obama with a two-point edge, well within that poll's sampling error.

And in Virginia, a Washington Post poll indicates Obama leading by eight points, while a Fox News survey shows the president up by seven. According to a Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times poll, Obama holds a four-point advantage, which is within that survey's sampling error.

President George W. Bush won all three of those states in his 2004 re-election, but Obama painted them blue four years ago.

In Wisconsin, home of Romney's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, a Marquette Law School poll indicates the Democratic ticket with a 14-point lead over the Republican duo. But a Quinnipiac/CBS/NYT poll indicates a smaller six-point advantage for the president, and Obama is up by five points in an NBC/WSJ/Marist poll.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/23/politics/battleground-polls/index.html

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/09/21/battlegrounds-among-states-with-higher-jobless-rates/?mod=WSJBlog

August marked yet another month of weak job growth for most U.S. states, according to Labor Department data out Friday.

The jobless rate rose in 26 states, declined in a dozen states and the nation’s capital, and held steady in the remaining states, the data show. Among the states seeing unemployment rate increases: New Hampshire, Michigan, Iowa and Pennsylvania — all of which are considered “battleground” states in the presidential election, meaning the race between President Barack Obama and GOP nominee will likely be close. Nevada, also a battleground state, continued to lead all 50 U.S. states with a 12.1% unemployment rate.

September's numbers won't be any better.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »
still plenty of time left and as we all know the biggest issue is the economy, who has a better economic record?

whos trusted more on the economy?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »
Then too are the debates. I have a feeling Romney will have bitten off far more than he could possibly chew if he ever debates Obama. His foot-in-mouth syndrome is worse than Biden's. I can see him standing up there on the platform, and alienating himself from the ENTIRE US population as an elitist who just plain doesn't get it.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
Then too are the debates. I have a feeling Romney will have bitten off far more than he could possibly chew if he ever debates Obama. His foot-in-mouth syndrome is worse than Biden's. I can see him standing up there on the platform, and alienating himself from the ENTIRE US population as an elitist who just plain doesn't get it.
record unemployment
record underemployment
record low labor participation rate
record number of ppl on food stamps
record number of ppl receiveing govt aid
record debt
etc...etc...

yet you and your moron think tank idiots still fell obama is the answer?

LOL yes folks take investment advice from this moron!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
Pennsylvania — all of which are considered “battleground” states

I dunno, rassmussed has obama leading Romney by 12 in Penn.   Is that even a battleground state anymore?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/pa/pennsylvania_romney_vs_obama-1891.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
I dunno, rassmussed has obama leading Romney by 12 in Penn.   Is that even a battleground state anymore?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/pa/pennsylvania_romney_vs_obama-1891.html
dunno, what I do know is the economy is in the shitter and part of the reason why is obamas policies.

If you dont see that youre a moron but then again, I think that the reason you may not see it is your a moron to begin with cracker jack...kinda the chicken and the egg thing only in this situation its the idiot and the libtard....

which one came first?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »
???

I point out penn isn't even close in polls.  You don't challenge that - instead you call me a moron and start talking about obama's policies.  ???

The tampa bay bucs have a shitty offense, but wow, banana pudding tastes bad.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 12:56:39 AM »
record unemployment
record underemployment
record low labor participation rate
record number of ppl on food stamps
record number of ppl receiveing govt aid
record debt
etc...etc...

yet you and your moron think tank idiots still fell obama is the answer?

LOL yes folks take investment advice from this moron!!!!

Take a deep breath, ...and a valium while you're at it.
I did not say that Obama is the answer, ...I said he would cream Romney in the debates.

As for record unemployment, people on food stamps & gov't aid.... these are the ones who will vote for Obama.
They cannot relate to Mr. "borrow from your parents" Romney, and I believe Romneys stance / faux pas that people have the nerve to think they're entitled to food will hurt him. Look how many decades it took for the people of Egypt to rise up against Mubarak. And why did it take that long? Because 1 in 4 Egyptians was a recipient of government largesse. There was a built in demand for maintaining the status quo. When you're unemployed, and the only way you can feed yourself and your family is through a government program, ...how likely are you to vote for the guy who plans to remove those government programs.

The Republicans shot themselves in the foot when they got rid of Ron Paul, now they're stuck with the corporate raider.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 01:01:23 AM »
???

I point out penn isn't even close in polls.  You don't challenge that - instead you call me a moron and start talking about obama's policies.  ???

The tampa bay bucs have a shitty offense, but wow, banana pudding tastes bad.

;D

240, Isn't is amusing to sit back and watch these guys get so emotionally involved in a process, ...the outcome of which they have no control over.

btw: Whadya mean banana pudding tastes bad? You idiot, ...didn't you hear the new iPhone 5 is out?  :D
w