Author Topic: Creatine essential?  (Read 2671 times)

Ledd

• Getbig III
Creatine essential?
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:22:05 PM »
Does creatine really make a difference in strength/size?  I have taken it before but never longer than a month, and that was when I first started lifting almost a year ago.  I'm wondering if I start it again, now that I've grown a bit, if will I see a positive difference.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Creatine essential?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 07:21:43 PM »
foresure....I beleive in creatine, i was like that before too but now i take it consistantly.
bodybuildersreality.com

AndyT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 07:32:37 PM »
Cant hurt to try it, right? ;D

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:33:21 PM »
I think it helps break through plateaus if u r not taking it. Try cellmass by BSN, it's the best creatine only product IMO.
CEA999

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 08:47:57 AM »
Does creatine really make a difference in strength/size?  I have taken it before but never longer than a month, and that was when I first started lifting almost a year ago.  I'm wondering if I start it again, now that I've grown a bit, if will I see a positive difference.

in 1 month your body was just starting to benefit from it. take it for at least 3-4 months if you want results. i have taken it for almost a year straight and i kept my gains when i came off, but i lost 5 pounds of water which is typical.

5g's twice a day with grape juice is all you need. don't waste your money on creatine transport products, just use regular Prolab "creapure" creatine mono and mix it with grape juice or with dextrose in a shake. the expensive "hype" creatine products do nothing different than grape juice....fact

8)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »
What gains did u get overload if u lost 5 lbs of water. What if u only put on 5 lbs,then when u cum off it and lose 5 pounds ur bak to square 1. You know i aint dissin what your saying man i know u know ur stuff, just curious.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 02:44:23 PM »
What gains did u get overload if u lost 5 lbs of water. What if u only put on 5 lbs,then when u cum off it and lose 5 pounds ur bak to square 1. You know i aint dissin what your saying man i know u know ur stuff, just curious.

davie

Gains = strength

creatine makes you hold water so you will lose the water when you quit but if your diet is right you should keep your strength gains. i always have.

it's hard to gauge the weight gain because once i start taking creatine i also start my bulking. i usually gain 15+ pounds within 2 months of beginning my creatine/bulking but alot of that is because i eat 6+ meals a day and 5000 calories.

i usually lose 5-6 pounds within a month of quiting the creatine. it's hard to judge exactly if i lose anything but water in my opinion.

one thing i know is creatine WORKS for me...i always make good strength gains with it.

8)

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:26:04 PM »
in 1 month your body was just starting to benefit from it. take it for at least 3-4 months if you want results. i have taken it for almost a year straight and i kept my gains when i came off, but i lost 5 pounds of water which is typical.

5g's twice a day with grape juice is all you need. don't waste your money on creatine transport products, just use regular Prolab "creapure" creatine mono and mix it with grape juice or with dextrose in a shake. the expensive "hype" creatine products do nothing different than grape juice....fact

8)

Thanks for the advice, now all I need to do is be able to afford it...how much does creapure run?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 10:24:09 AM »
$15.00 for 1.32 lbs of creapure -optimun nutrituion
mysupplementstore.com - free shipping over $50.00 ;D
I don't know if its working anymore but it worth a shot..
type turkey as a coupon and it will give a 12% discount.
Hope this helps... ;)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 11:28:23 AM »
Thanks for the advice, now all I need to do is be able to afford it...how much does creapure run?

around 20 bucks for at least 6-8 months worth.

i buy it local but you can find it anywhere...very cheap compared to most creatine.

http://www.supplementcentral.com/products/code/PL-CR10-001/collection/pl

i have tried several different creatine products and prolab worked just as good as the rest and was also the cheapest. 5g's in grape juice twice a day is all you need.

8)