Author Topic: Why do the police need assault weapons?  (Read 7365 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Why do the police need assault weapons?
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:32:53 AM »
If they get a report of an armed bank robber or a hostage situation they are likely to respond by dispaching a swat team.  Special weapons and tactics.  Why do they feel the need to defend themselves with so-called assault weapons.  They aren't fighting against a foreign army.  It's often just one badguy or a small handfull of badguys.  They aren't launching any mass "assaults".  They would be facing the exact same threat that the civilians involved are facing.  Why is it ok for them to have that level of firepower but not us.  These guys are all dolled up with helmets, shields, body armor, grenades and AR15's.  It's the exact same situation yet they look like Seal Team Six. 

Could it be that they want to have the most effective weapon that will best allow them to defend themselves and stop the bad guy?  Why can't I have that?  Are police lives more important than ours?  Also, politicians feel the need to be surrounded by heavily armed secret service agents and US Marines at all times, even while on vacation.  However, those same politicians vilify me because I want to own a semi-automatic rifle to defend myself, my family, my belongings and my property. Fucking hypocrites.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why do the police need assault weapons?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
If they get a report of an armed bank robber or a hostage situation they are likely to respond by dispaching a swat team.  Special weapons and tactics.  Why do they feel the need to defend themselves with so-called assault weapons.  They aren't fighting against a foreign army.  It's often just one badguy or a small handfull of badguys.  They aren't launching any mass "assaults".  They would be facing the exact same threat that the civilians involved are facing.  Why is it ok for them to have that level of firepower but not us.  These guys are all dolled up with helmets, shields, body armor, grenades and AR15's.  It's the exact same situation yet they look like Seal Team Six. 

Could it be that they want to have the most effective weapon that will best allow them to defend themselves and stop the bad guy?  Why can't I have that?  Are police lives more important than ours?  Also, politicians feel the need to be surrounded by heavily armed secret service agents and US Marines at all times, even while on vacation.  However, those same politicians vilify me because I want to own a semi-automatic rifle to defend myself, my family, my belongings and my property. Fucking hypocrites.

+1

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
I've never figured this out, but you're right. I've seen pics of regular police, not even SWAT, with M4's, Kevlar's, plate carrying flacks, LBV's, assault packs... Like, wtf, you're not going out on fucking patrol, you're not heading downrange...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:49:19 AM »

this is all they need  ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 08:53:38 AM »

this is all they need  ::)
So you're ok with regular police having assault weapons, but not civilians? Wtf dude?

I understand the need for a special response team like SWAT, but not normal plainclothes officers. I rolled into a grocery store the other day, and a regular officer had an M4 with all the bells and whistles on the gun rack in his cruiser. Wtf?

This is in a little shithole town with like 20k people, and the police never do shit except for cruising around and arresting people for pissing on the side of the road.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »
yes they should, if your selling the shit to the public then why wouldn't the police have at lease the same weapons.this is a no brain-er

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »
yes they should, if your selling the shit to the public then why wouldn't the police have at lease the same weapons.this is a no brain-er
They do, it's called a SWAT team genius.  ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
not every town has a swat team   genius   and sometimes shit happens to fast and you don't have time to call in a swat team  genius
so let me get this straight your all right with the public being able to buy these weapons but the police can't have them  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
not every town has a swat team   genius   and sometimes shit happens to fast and you don't have time to call in a swat team  genius
so let me get this straight your all right with the public being able to buy these weapons but the police can't have them  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Not every home or perp has an AR either, considering the vast majority use handguns. Not to mention, that my little shithole town has a SWAT team, so I'd venture to say most places have a special response team of one form or another. You load out for your intended job, if you're just cruising around giving speeding tickets, wtf do you need a M4 for?

I have no problem with the police having them, what I have a problem with the the vast overuse of force so prevalent in todays police responding to house calls with M4 and tac gear.

What really irritates me is the attitude that we shouldn't have them, but it's cool for the police to have them. Creates a massive imbalance.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
i don't think they're coming to your door with a m4 to tell you to turn down your music, i have no problem with the police having that gun in their car in case they need it.to think they should not have at lease the equal in fire power is just stupid

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 11:13:01 AM »

Good post!!

I wish they would take tasers away all together, and do what they can to severely limit police as far as firearms go. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 01:35:23 PM »
i have no problem with the police having that gun in their car in case they need it.to think they should not have at lease the equal in fire power is just stupid

This is a valid point.

As for this -
i don't think they're coming to your door with a m4 to tell you to turn down your music,
Clearly you haven't seen some of the news story from the last year.

I guess I get more upset that the police are totally against citizens owning certain weapons but they think it's perfectly ok for them to run around like they're in fucking Iraq.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
the point was that if the police need these guns to defend themselves against the bad guys why should the public not be able to have them to defend themselves against the bad guys as well?

are you going to take them away from the police as well if you take them away from the public?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
i think just the police need that kind of fire power we don't need a bunch of vigilantes running around "Zimmerman's"

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
I want  handheld rail gun personally.   accelerate lead or kek tgsten slug at light speed for a foot at the baddie, could even use with pennies

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »
i think just the police need that kind of fire power we don't need a bunch of vigilantes running around "Zimmerman's"

Why do they need it but we don't need it?  Again, the potential threat that they are facing is exactly the same.

Speaking of firepower, do people understand that an AR15, while it looks very scary, only shoots a very small .223/.556 round.  Politicians act like these things are fully automatic .50 cals and that couldn't be farther from the truth.  In fact there have been complaints for years by the military that the .556 NATO rounds aren't powerfull enough.  People love to call these weapons "high power" but it's just not factually accurate.  A .45 caliber will, as Dirty Harry would say, blow your head clean off.  An AR15 will not.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »
Why do they need it but we don't need it?  Again, the potential threat that they are facing is exactly the same.

You're making too much sense, I can't handle it!!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

Speaking of firepower, do people understand that an AR15, while it looks very scary, only shoots a very small .223/.556 round.  Politicians act like these things are fully automatic .50 cals and that couldn't be farther from the truth.  In fact there have been complaints for years by the military that the .556 NATO rounds aren't powerfull enough.  People love to call these weapons "high power" but it's just not factually accurate.  A .45 caliber will, as Dirty Harry would say, blow your head clean off.  An AR15 will not.
b/c he believes the govt is good and will protect us from those ppl.

Also big guns are lowd and scawy!!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
You're making too much sense, I can't handle it!!!!!!

LOL.

Liberals have pussified this country so much it's to the point that people are afraid of their own shadows and unwilling to listen to reason.  They prefer knee-jerk legislation that does nothing to address the real cause of these issues.  It's all window dressing to make us feel like we are doing something about it even though we can't.  

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
Check the video of that bank robbery in LA like 15 years ago.  Where those two dudes got all jacked up and went on that shooting spree.  Funny thing, only two people died and it was the bank robbers.  The cops did not have the proper tools for the job, and had to go to  local gun shops to obtain the proper weapons.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »
hey hey hey don't bring common sense into this forum his is getbig you know
Quote from: Irongrip400

link=topic=452468.msg6502398#msg6502398 date=1356104017
Check the video of that bank robbery in LA like 15 years ago.  Where those two dudes got all jacked up and went on that shooting spree.  Funny thing, only two people died and it was the bank robbers.  The cops did not have the proper tools for the job, and had to go to  local gun shops to obtain the proper weapons.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 03:14:00 AM »
If they get a report of an armed bank robber or a hostage situation they are likely to respond by dispaching a swat team.  Special weapons and tactics.  Why do they feel the need to defend themselves with so-called assault weapons.  They aren't fighting against a foreign army.  It's often just one badguy or a small handfull of badguys.  They aren't launching any mass "assaults".  They would be facing the exact same threat that the civilians involved are facing.  Why is it ok for them to have that level of firepower but not us.  These guys are all dolled up with helmets, shields, body armor, grenades and AR15's.  It's the exact same situation yet they look like Seal Team Six.  

Could it be that they want to have the most effective weapon that will best allow them to defend themselves and stop the bad guy?  Why can't I have that?  Are police lives more important than ours?  Also, politicians feel the need to be surrounded by heavily armed secret service agents and US Marines at all times, even while on vacation.  However, those same politicians vilify me because I want to own a semi-automatic rifle to defend myself, my family, my belongings and my property. Fucking hypocrites.

Difference is guys in these SWAT teams have undergone extensive training and should be equipped to make correct decisions and use their weapons with utmost precision.
Can the same be guaranteed for a civilian that owns one?

If regular cops don't carry assault weapons , it seems a bit odd that the general public can arm itself with them.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 03:34:41 AM »
If they get a report of an armed bank robber or a hostage situation they are likely to respond by dispaching a swat team.  Special weapons and tactics.  Why do they feel the need to defend themselves with so-called assault weapons.  They aren't fighting against a foreign army.  It's often just one badguy or a small handfull of badguys.  They aren't launching any mass "assaults".  They would be facing the exact same threat that the civilians involved are facing.  Why is it ok for them to have that level of firepower but not us.  These guys are all dolled up with helmets, shields, body armor, grenades and AR15's.  It's the exact same situation yet they look like Seal Team Six.  

Could it be that they want to have the most effective weapon that will best allow them to defend themselves and stop the bad guy?  Why can't I have that?  Are police lives more important than ours?  Also, politicians feel the need to be surrounded by heavily armed secret service agents and US Marines at all times, even while on vacation.  However, those same politicians vilify me because I want to own a semi-automatic rifle to defend myself, my family, my belongings and my property. Fucking hypocrites.

fair to say that the days of them knocking on someone's door and saying, "Mr. X, we have a warrant for your arrest, please come with us" are completely over.

The military was not allowed to police America so they turned the police into the military...  Big thanks to Israel for their help on this and they helped bigtime.  They oddly went way out of their way to help change America's police.  Not sure why but good job ::)  oh, honorable mention to the brits, they've influenced some pretty nasty changes in America.

and yes the police are the biggest anti-2nd Ammendment advocates out there.  They push for gun control more than dickhead NY mayors do.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 07:56:14 AM »
If regular cops don't carry assault weapons , it seems a bit odd that the general public can arm itself with them.
They do carry them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
 :D