Author Topic: Sickness after heavy back days  (Read 6519 times)

Ledd

• Getbig III
Sickness after heavy back days
« on: December 07, 2005, 11:26:12 AM »
Man every time I get a good back lift I am sick or really fatigued the next day or two.  Its not just that I'm really sore, which I am, but I just feel weak and tired and kind of like I have a cold.  Is that something to do with my CNS being affected?  Any tips on how to keep myself feeling ok would be extremely helpful, thanks.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: Sickness after heavy back days
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 01:46:08 PM »
I bet you're one of those guys who trains each bodypart once a week, and wonders why his muscles are constantly sore. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:19 PM »
I bet you're one of those guys who trains each bodypart once a week, and wonders why his muscles are constantly sore. ::)

What's the better alternative, O wise one?
:-)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:57:14 PM »
yeahi dont get that post?
Valhalla awaits.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:06:59 PM »
i get that feeling of get sick or throwing up after a hard session. to me, thats a sure sign that i've given everything and left it on the gym floor.

i dont understand to post too. what is so wrong with training everything once a week?? thats the best way to build mass.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 11:39:05 PM »
ledd
try doing one less set for each exercise
and eat more
Valhalla awaits.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 12:12:27 AM »

explain yourself  mate

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 03:57:42 AM »

He that's me! But I don't wonder, I know I have hit those muscles hard and efficient.
Might you be one of those silly gits that does a small bodypump 3 times a week and says your so good you never get sore???  ;D ;D

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 07:43:08 AM »
i often feel like that after back and leg workouts.  as if my whole immune system broke down.  i usually take an aspirin and a good nap and just try to live with it.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 09:07:29 AM »
Ledd:  Why don't you explain what you do on back workouts, as how many time a week, sets & reps? And does this feeling just happen after back workouts? Are you doing too much cardio, too many times a week? Are you on one of those reduced calories diets or are you stuffing yourself with enought quality protein & carbs to recover & grow? In some extreme cases, a little blood work might give a hint to a chemical imbalance with-in the body.

Way too many guy's complain about a problem training on this board but fail to tell the whole story of their workouts, etc and than they expect positive suggestions.  Might want to give people here some help so they might help you. Good Luck.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 08:39:26 PM »
I just thought of something. How the Hell did Kevin Levrone tear his triceps on a lat pulldown machine?! I know this was years ago, but still, I'd figure if you're gonna tear any secondary muscle on pulldowns, it's biceps. How he managed that, I'll never understand.
CEA999

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 08:44:55 PM »
i didnt know that lat pulldowns was so danagous.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 09:39:02 PM »
I just thought of something. How the Hell did Kevin Levrone tear his triceps on a lat pulldown machine?! I know this was years ago, but still, I'd figure if you're gonna tear any secondary muscle on pulldowns, it's biceps. How he managed that, I'll never understand.

he didn't lower the weight with control and just let it fly down during the negative; by supporting the negative phase with his arms it tore the tricep.

Just a guess.  but an educated one.
:-)

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 10:29:57 PM »
Those ae classic symptoms of overtraining. Try reducing the volume of sets a little. Also, you should take glutamine/creatine/simple carbs/whey  immediately after training. This'll help kickstart recovery.

romeo

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 09:45:15 AM »

This makes sense as i recently stopped training each bpart once a week and did liek bench twice and back three times even andsquatting twice a week.

at first i was sore, but after while i got used to it and i think the results are better. when i trained each bpart once a week i was 5 times as sore as what i am now.

But unfortunately I cant explain the theory behind it, but i know what he is saying is true.

anyone...?

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 04:06:11 PM »
Ledd:  Why don't you explain what you do on back workouts, as how many time a week, sets & reps? And does this feeling just happen after back workouts? Are you doing too much cardio, too many times a week? Are you on one of those reduced calories diets or are you stuffing yourself with enought quality protein & carbs to recover & grow? In some extreme cases, a little blood work might give a hint to a chemical imbalance with-in the body.

Way too many guy's complain about a problem training on this board but fail to tell the whole story of their workouts, etc and than they expect positive suggestions.  Might want to give people here some help so they might help you. Good Luck.

I start with deads: warmup-15 reps, 1st set 10-12reps, 2nd set 8-10 reps, 3rd set 4-6 reps, 4th set 4-6 reps
Wide grip chins- 5sets 6 reps
lat pulldown- 4 sets 8 reps
seated rows- 3sets 8 reps
Military press-3 sets 8 reps
DB shrugs-4 sets 15 reps

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 04:29:22 PM »
 know that this thead isnt about your back routine but dude wheres the bb rows at? it doesnt look that 'hard ' of a routine to me. did u go to total faliure??

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 06:56:32 PM »
know that this thead isnt about your back routine but dude wheres the bb rows at? it doesnt look that 'hard ' of a routine to me. did u go to total faliure??

This is my core routine, I will work in bent over rows occasionally but I usually dont need to.  I usually do more sets on most of what I posted but I try to do at least what I put down.  Failure on the deads, shrugs, and military press.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 07:00:51 PM »

yeahi dont get that post?

i dont understand to post too. what is so wrong with training everything once a week?? thats the best way to build mass.

With all due respect, training each BP 2Xweek has often been proven to be 'optimal' (although several "it depends" factors play a role too), using an 8 day cycle -vs- a 7 day week.  I don't want to start a war here, but I'm sure there will be many "opinions".  Let's keep it mature shall we  :-* Why does everyone seem to think 1Xweek is the "best" way?

:

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 07:04:42 PM »
once a week is a waste of energy..
much more efficient to hit each muscle 2-3 times a week. Yes, failure training is the devil in this case.
follow the arrows

flexfan

• Getbig IV
  • Venice Versmilitude
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 08:15:06 PM »
dont do deadlifts or if u do, only do them once a month. that should solve the problem.
Sultan

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 07:38:23 AM »

He's the guy who says the best way to build your forearms is to bench press! ???
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 07:39:12 AM »

explain yourself  mate

Ozman, he can't he is a clueless wonder.
The House that Ruth built

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 08:28:43 AM »
dont do deadlifts or if u do, only do them once a month. that should solve the problem.
Once a month?!  I love deads and I am consistently stronger with these as the weeks go by, theres no way I'd cut them out, even if they are the culprit.

By the way, the original question was if I could be "hurting" my CNS or if the CNS might have something to do with the explaination?

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 11:36:18 AM »

With all due respect, training each BP 2Xweek has often been proven to be 'optimal' (although several "it depends" factors play a role too), using an 8 day cycle -vs- a 7 day week.  I don't want to start a war here, but I'm sure there will be many "opinions".  Let's keep it mature shall we  :-* Why does everyone seem to think 1Xweek is the "best" way?

Cause if u hit that body part once a week the right way, it will be too sore to be able to train it twice within 6-7 days. I used to train everything 2x a week, but I realized I wasn't training hard enough. Now it's to the point were i get horribly sore to the point where I can't do chest because I gotta give my back a few more days of rest so that I can tax chest optimally. Same with biceps and back. I gotta space out my workouts right, and in certain order so nothing will interfere. I'm lifting harder, and heavier than I ever have now, so it's tough on my body to recover in enough time to hit the muscle twice a week. YEAH!
CEA999