Author Topic: cable cross overs vs flys  (Read 2361 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
cable cross overs vs flys
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:59:22 PM »
hey guys
 im looking to add a fly movement into my chest routine. i've read some articles that cable crossovers are the best type of flys... is this true?? what fly movement is the best to add (guys piz dont post decline flys, i dont like declines) i dont want to say mass but overall detail??

thx alot buddies

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: cable cross overs vs flys
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 11:03:42 PM »
i like cable flyes that you pull up.
you set the cables on the lowest setting and than keep your arms slightly bent bring them together about chest high in front of you

Valhalla awaits.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 11:14:58 PM »
Nothing on a cable is going to be "the best"

remember that

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:09:17 AM »
I much prefer, for flye-type movements, machines and cables; cables being my favorite.  I don't think dumbbells are the best for anything chest except presses and maybe pullovers.
:-)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 08:20:50 AM »
The Pec Deck....point of leverage on the elbows.....not on the hands/grip, where most of the hopefull work load on the pecs themselves is lost.... You will get a pump with most any versions of flys and look great in the mirror for 15 minutes or so but really nothing much in the way of a massive chest and actual muscle growth. Of course if your a natural with superior genetic gifts (I must include myself, with a bowed and humble head) you could clap your hands together for 10 reps or so and get bigger pecs. For all other ambitious BB'ers, might try doing heavy weighted dips and medium griped incline BB/DB pressed. Good Luck.

Side bar: Listen to the Yoda Master...Geo.

Traps Hoolihan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:48:05 AM »
I like doing 1-arm pec-dec flyes, making sure to cross the mid-point of the chest on every rep. It really hits the muscle hard!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 01:03:04 PM »
Cables are sometimes better than free weights, as with flys.

-Pulley crossovers
-Lying cable flys-same as dumbbell flys, using cables.

Pec deck, if well designed-some decks aren't. Good ones put all the stress on the pecs, like cables, and none on the shoulder joints.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 03:10:17 PM »
I much prefer, for flye-type movements, machines and cables; cables being my favorite.  I don't think dumbbells are the best for anything chest except presses and maybe pullovers.
Really? I think incline DB fly is one of the best movements out there, and one of the most neglected of the fly movements.  I prefer it over any of the other fly movements, followed by pek-dek.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 03:33:28 PM »
Really? I think incline DB fly is one of the best movements out there, and one of the most neglected of the fly movements.  I prefer it over any of the other fly movements, followed by pek-dek.

To each his/her own, i guess.  I have long arms and a long chest, i feel as though DB flye hits my front delts/tie-ins pretty well, so every now and then i'll do a steep-incline DB flye on shoulder day....but i really like the flye for how it hits the inner chest; my inner chest striations are one of my best genetic traits.  So, i like to do the exercises that show it off.
:-)