Author Topic: Are Pros lying when they say they don't read the negativity on the boards?  (Read 4046 times)

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
I read the new Cutler interview about being robbed at the O in Flex or Musclemag - can't remember which......the one with Levrone on the cover.......Anyway, Cutler was asked if he reads what they say about him on the boards and he said, "he never does because it's all negativity blah blah blah" or something like that. And I just thought bullshit. You guys are only celebrities on message boards and magazines, and you claim you aren't interested in what people say about you. Bullshit. The temptation would be too strong to resist.
"Shut the F up and train"

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Are Pros lying when they say they don't read the negativity on the boards?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 01:12:17 AM »

i miss tom kydneys on the boards cuz he had the type of personality that took all the shittalkin personally.

he was like a broody teenager ,lol !

and kamali is nototrious for his lack of judgement/objectivity.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:29:39 AM »
Yeah I'm sure Ronnie is tempted every day to read about his gut.
Z

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 02:33:28 AM »
As I've said before it's interesting how none of the absolute tier-one pros ever seem to contribute anything to the message boards (outside of those on their own sites) - i.e., Dorian, Haney, Ronnie, Jay - but pretty much all the tier-two pros do, and regularly. I guess it comes down to a combination of bruised egos and a need to maintain a profile to establish an income for these guys, but has anyone ever seen Cutler post anything anywhere (outside of his own site)? Why put yourself through that when you don't need it?
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 05:09:59 AM »
I read the new Cutler interview about being robbed at the O in Flex or Musclemag - can't remember which......the one with Levrone on the cover.......Anyway, Cutler was asked if he reads what they say about him on the boards and he said, "he never does because it's all negativity blah blah blah" or something like that. And I just thought bullshit. You guys are only celebrities on message boards and magazines, and you claim you aren't interested in what people say about you. Bullshit. The temptation would be too strong to resist.

sure he does not read it and when we say he had a weak back compared to ronnie, he was doing what like two backs workouts on his back days??

::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 06:26:38 AM »
the pros read?  :o

...j/k
carpe` vaginum!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 06:53:04 AM »
Tom Kennedy is a boring old man with a boring Mag.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 07:04:18 AM »
Of course they read the boards and take note of what is said.....any that say they don't are lying.  Even if they don't own a computer or know how to operate one they will sit with a friend that does and read everything.  The celebrity-status attached to these men and women isn't so much that they have too much fanmail and too many emails and too much snail mail to care about what is posted about them....c'mon buddy!!  They care about what is said about them like any other person.  The only exception is Ronnie cause he continues to win every O without worrying about whether or not he might lose....with that nothing to lose mentality I wouldn't care either - I know I'm gonna win regardless.

MOS

docvenus

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Stay Fit and Be Happy!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 07:25:34 AM »
I've had some experience in a similar situation.  Back when I did "Temptation Island", the show's message boards were filled with comments - some positive, but mostly negative - about me and the other "islanders".  And yes, curiousity brought me to the message boards to see what people were saying about me.  Yes, there was an initial hurtful sting when I first saw some of the negative comments.  But then I knew that such comments were not coming from people who really knew me...they only saw what FOX producers wanted them to see and were able to edit.

So then, my visits to the message boards became a way for me to laugh at myself and at the comments.  People can be so mean that it's hilarious sometimes.  But I never bothered contributing to the boards, either as myself or anonymously...mostly because I knew they would just pounce on me.  And it seemed senseless to argue with people who didn't know me.  And for the most part, the boards were just a way for the show's fans to have more fun with the show.  And who am I to spoil the fun?  Hee, hee!

-Venus
www.DrVenus.com

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 07:40:41 AM »
I've had some experience in a similar situation.  Back when I did "Temptation Island", the show's message boards were filled with comments - some positive, but mostly negative - about me and the other "islanders".  And yes, curiousity brought me to the message boards to see what people were saying about me.  Yes, there was an initial hurtful sting when I first saw some of the negative comments.  But then I knew that such comments were not coming from people who really knew me...they only saw what FOX producers wanted them to see and were able to edit.

So then, my visits to the message boards became a way for me to laugh at myself and at the comments.  People can be so mean that it's hilarious sometimes.  But I never bothered contributing to the boards, either as myself or anonymously...mostly because I knew they would just pounce on me.  And it seemed senseless to argue with people who didn't know me.  And for the most part, the boards were just a way for the show's fans to have more fun with the show.  And who am I to spoil the fun?  Hee, hee!

-Venus
www.DrVenus.com

Anonymity is like a "get outt jail free" card.....you can say virtually whatever you want without consequences; granted, that goes for both positive and negative things.  At the end of the day all you can do is take it in stride and realize that only a small fraction of the population posting would actually say these same things in person; in fact, I'd wager that even 100% of people wouldn't say a thing -  that online anonymity crutch is powerful.

FYI ~ me and my wife were hooked on Temptation Island - that was good reality tv!!

MOS

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 08:03:10 AM »
   I've noticed that the head-honchos over at Testicular Maldevelopment have a tendency to piss and moan about BBS's like this through ghost-written articles by the athletes in their mag.

docvenus

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Stay Fit and Be Happy!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 08:09:34 AM »
Anonymity is like a "get outt jail free" card.....you can say virtually whatever you want without consequences; granted, that goes for both positive and negative things.  At the end of the day all you can do is take it in stride and realize that only a small fraction of the population posting would actually say these same things in person; in fact, I'd wager that even 100% of people wouldn't say a thing -  that online anonymity crutch is powerful.

FYI ~ me and my wife were hooked on Temptation Island - that was good reality tv!!

MOS

If you liked "Temptation Island", then you should check out "The Bachelor: Paris" when it premieres on January 9th.  I'm one of the 25 bachelorettes...and based on what I experienced, the show is certainly going to be DRAMATIC.  (Can't say anything more...don't want to get busted by the producers on the whole confidentiality thing.)

-Venus
www.DrVenus.com

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 08:35:41 AM »

MOS
100% correct,. The bullshit that's spit out on these kinds of boards would NEVER be repeated live and in person.
Who's gonna talk shit to someone like Nasser face to face?
Who's gonna walk up to Ronnie live and poke fun at his "gut"
Who's gonna walk up to Comier and call him a guy? See where I'm going with this?  :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 08:59:05 AM »
100% correct,. The bullshit that's spit out on these kinds of boards would NEVER be repeated live and in person.
Who's gonna talk shit to someone like Nasser face to face?
Who's gonna walk up to Ronnie live and poke fun at his "gut"
Who's gonna walk up to Comier and call him a guy? See where I'm going with this?  :)

Even the stuff we sling back and forth to each other as Getbig members wouldn't be repeated in person.

MOS

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 10:34:01 AM »
yes they do read the boards.  especially Kamali.   he can't sit at home and not know what people are saying.   And don't get me started on non-pro, fourth tier column writers like romano.

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 11:58:47 AM »
Here's a reality show for you. Let's put all the contestants from a show, not a bigger show, say the guys who are doing the Ironman this year, put them all in the same house together ,while they're dieting & see who meltdown last. Too bad Craig will be "unavailable" & Shawn is retired. Can you imagine those two, throw in Salami, Cormier,  Preist , Chick ect. I think it would work.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2005, 01:48:54 PM »
Here's a reality show for you. Let's put all the contestants from a show, not a bigger show, say the guys who are doing the Ironman this year, put them all in the same house together ,while they're dieting & see who meltdown last. Too bad Craig will be "unavailable" & Shawn is retired. Can you imagine those two, throw in Salami, Cormier,  Preist , Chick ect. I think it would work.

LMAO!!!!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2005, 05:09:53 PM »

Of course they do, use your head.

Back when the board used to show how many "guests" versus "members" were reading the threads, it would always be at least 2:1 "guests" which can only mean that those people were likely IFBB pros who don't have the balls to post here and take the abuse.  They would rather lurk in the shadows.

That's why you guys should respect the Pros who do post here.

Even if you don't like them.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 07:06:38 PM »
Of course they do! How else would they know what is being mentioned about them?Sure, friends may tell them about something they may have read on these message boards but I say the curiosity of that alone would give the pro being talked about the curiosity to go on line & see what is being said about them.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 07:43:19 PM »
yup I agree
bodybuildersreality.com

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 07:49:04 PM »
if they didn't read it, how to they know it's negative?

Just like what Triple H said to Gunter during his challenge round against Victor, "Let's try not to be a smart bodybuilder now"
I am a mini beast

OneBigMan

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 10:31:39 AM »
Yes, I am replying to this 12 month old subject topic because of the question that was asked since I never answered it.

They don't remember the negativity that is typed and posted repeatedly by some folks. However, they do read the positively constructive comments that are made about certain issues and specific material :-X

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 10:46:08 AM »

Most people don't have time for nonsense, but might be inclined to check out a train wreck. 

It's only the losers who pay really close attention, however.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 12:29:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure they do read it to some degree - some more than others. Look how often Bob Chic logs on - it's virtually the first thing he does when he gets back to his house in the Fitshow.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 01:04:20 PM »
Most people don't have time for nonsense, but might be inclined to check out a train wreck. 

It's only the losers who pay really close attention, however.

Are you saying that kamali lives to read Getbig?
HAHA, RON.....