Author Topic: Who here is unemployed?  (Read 8198 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Who here is unemployed?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 06:18:26 AM »
My partners daughter, who is 19 now has her own job and her own car and until recently she lived at home with us.  She is attractive and has a pleasing personality.  She had a lot of interest from boys over the years, but last year she met a man in his mid twenties who was long term homeless, hadn't worked in years, has no possessions and no car, he doesn't even have a license.  We allowed him to stay two nights a week for her sake, but didn't want to make it easy for him to remain homeless and unemployed.  We tried to subtly steer her away from him, but she was really into him. 

Anyway, we kept pushing her to encourage him to find somewhere to live and get a job. Long story short, eventually he got a job at KFC, even though he takes a lot of days off and he found some share accommodation, essentially a room to rent, and it wasn't long after, she moved in with him.  She still pays for most everything and drives him to work and back most days when her own work hours allow.  He spends his spare time boozing and hanging out with his mates, she drives him everywhere and even pays for them to go out for dinner.  She takes pride in the fact she helped him go from a depressed homeless bum to being employed and having somewhere to live.  He still lacks basic ambitions, like getting a license (even though I have offered to teach him and use my nice modern car) and I worry that if she stops driving him to and from work he would soon quit, as he already takes a lot of time off.  I hope I am wrong and I am just forgetting the trials of young adulthood and they will turn out just like any other regular couple, but I can't help thinking when the honeymoon is over it will all unravel.

that sucks. I hope she finds a better boyfriend.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 10:16:01 AM »
My partners daughter, who is 19 now has her own job and her own car and until recently she lived at home with us.  She is attractive and has a pleasing personality.  She had a lot of interest from boys over the years, but last year she met a man in his mid twenties who was long term homeless, hadn't worked in years, has no possessions and no car, he doesn't even have a license.  We allowed him to stay two nights a week for her sake, but didn't want to make it easy for him to remain homeless and unemployed.  We tried to subtly steer her away from him, but she was really into him. 

Anyway, we kept pushing her to encourage him to find somewhere to live and get a job. Long story short, eventually he got a job at KFC, even though he takes a lot of days off and he found some share accommodation, essentially a room to rent, and it wasn't long after, she moved in with him.  She still pays for most everything and drives him to work and back most days when her own work hours allow.  He spends his spare time boozing and hanging out with his mates, she drives him everywhere and even pays for them to go out for dinner.  She takes pride in the fact she helped him go from a depressed homeless bum to being employed and having somewhere to live.  He still lacks basic ambitions, like getting a license (even though I have offered to teach him and use my nice modern car) and I worry that if she stops driving him to and from work he would soon quit, as he already takes a lot of time off.  I hope I am wrong and I am just forgetting the trials of young adulthood and they will turn out just like any other regular couple, but I can't help thinking when the honeymoon is over it will all unravel.

Sounds like he doesn't have much going.  He's obviously fucking her well or she wouldn't keep him around.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 10:20:32 AM »
-Me. To be honest, if I wanted to work, I've had more than a couple of good offers since I retired. There are days when I think I should work, at least part time, just to stave off boredom. But then the thought of getting up early and driving somewhere for work is so unappealing. I know, folks should be so lucky as to have these options. I am a lucky guy. My retirement plans worked out.

Honestly, I feel for any of you who are out work and need a job; it sucks! My son-in-law may soon be looking for work. I hope he finds work easily for a couple of reasons, he and my daughter will need the income and if he doesn't find work, they will have to move in with my wife and me. I love them, but I really don't want them to live with us despite that our home is huge and can easily accommodate them.

Shuda got a vasectomy...I kid, I kid.     ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 10:25:13 AM »
Yup. Confidence with the chicks is zero for me. Not even thinking about pussy. Too ashamed.

You need to learn a thing or two from Kramer.   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »

Looks like she likes broken men she can fix.  If he changes into a successful individual, she'll leave him for another bum....I kid, I kid.   :)

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »

Uhh so what is her number?  19 yrs old, has a good job, and is willing to fix broken men.  this is my dream girl!  I am so broken and depressed I will look like Brad Pitt to her!  You may have just made a love connection here. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »

You're supposed to say you're "in-between" jobs. You could also say you are a gentleman of leisure, although it won't work if you're black.

I've had many people tell me that they are "in-between" jobs...You're right, it leaves a more positive vibe with the person you're talking to. Also throw in that you accumulated a decent savings to live off while you do some charity work and a lot of people will react positive to that.(A lot of people have nothing in their savings living paycheck to paycheck) Most people don't really care what the other person does for a living anyway. It's just something we asks each other because we really don't have much to say to one another...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »

That sucks bro...The guy must be hung like a horse...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
I'm retired but when I was working I made over 100K for decades. I do clearly remember working in grade school, high school and college doing anything to make a pay check from painting, janitorial and everything under the sun. I was a janitor at a small airport and one day the the owners girlfriend gave me a garbage bag and said pick out the weeds by the road side. Here I was sitting on my ass on the side of a road pulling weeds. I really believe you have to work your way up in life.

There is dignity in any work. What I don't understand is when someone is unemployed collecting for two years then sitting on their ass. If you have nothing why not go to Burger King? Why not go to Walmart? People think if they don't have a secretary and a corner office it's below them.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:56 AM »
Never been out of work/unemployed. I've been very fortunate.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »
I'm retired but when I was working I made over 100K for decades. I do clearly remember working in grade school, high school and college doing anything to make a pay check from painting, janitorial and everything under the sun. I was a janitor at a small airport and one day the the owners girlfriend gave me a garbage bag and said pick out the weeds by the road side. Here I was sitting on my ass on the side of a road pulling weeds. I really believe you have to work your way up in life.

There is dignity in any work. What I don't understand is when someone is unemployed collecting for two years then sitting on their ass. If you have nothing why not go to Burger King? Why not go to Walmart? People think if they don't have a secretary and a corner office it's below them.
I agree in principal, but wasn't it in the news a while ago that 10,000 people showed up for 3 Walmart jobs? There have to be opportunities first. At least enough for those who want to work.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »
Looks like she likes broken men she can fix.  If he changes into a successful individual, she'll leave him for another bum....I kid, I kid.   :)
Yeah I said that, she likes a fixer upper, I worry it might be the other way around, he'll get his shit together and leave her for another woman.  I would be happy with that, but the poor girl would be devastated, she really is quite obsessed with him at the minute.
V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »
I agree in principal, but wasn't it in the news a while ago that 10,000 people showed up for 3 Walmart jobs? There have to be opportunities first. At least enough for those who want to work.

Agreed. I also believe that as a society, not having part time jobs available for high school and college kids creates an environment where we can loose a generation of young workers who will pick up bad habits when not working...The middle aged taking up jobs that young adults could be doing is not a good thing imop.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 11:44:16 AM »
Agreed. I also believe that as a society, not having part time jobs available for high school and college kids creates an environment where we can loose a generation of young workers who will pick up bad habits when not working...The middle aged taking up jobs that young adults could be doing is not a good thing imop.
Agree. And, let's add older workers 'staying on' in the workforce way past 'usual' retirement ages. Like a traffic jam.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »
Agree. And, let's add older workers 'staying on' in the workforce way past 'usual' retirement ages. Like a traffic jam.
who have themselves to support 2 kids and grandkids...who cant find jobs. Too many people, not enough , and less and less jobs. There is no magical easy solution for what we ve done, only pain for a lot of people. We ll probably be smarter next time, once the next cleaning phase is achieved. We will plan who will do what from birth in order to prevent "suffering". Dotn worry tho, billions of third worlders will take care of what we leave behind us in the west, including our few offspring.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »
What is interesting is that there is a large threshold in the middle where people are being paid decent salaries for doing absolutely nothing.  In fact, most people are getting paid and doing nothing really of any use.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »
What is interesting is that there is a large threshold in the middle where people are being paid decent salaries for doing absolutely nothing.  In fact, most people are getting paid and doing nothing really of any use.
Probably 3/4 of people siting in a chair in an office. They re insuring their own survival tho , just like everyone else, pretty tough to convince them they re doing "nothing".

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 12:19:46 PM »
who have themselves to support 2 kids and grandkids...who cant find jobs. Too many people, not enough , and less and less jobs. There is no magical easy solution for what we ve done, only pain for a lot of people. We ll probably be smarter next time, once the next cleaning phase is achieved. We will plan who will do what from birth in order to prevent "suffering". Dotn worry tho, billions of third worlders will take care of what we leave behind us in the west, including our few offspring.

General Zod?   ???

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
I've had many people tell me that they are "in-between" jobs...You're right, it leaves a more positive vibe with the person you're talking to. Also throw in that you accumulated a decent savings to live off while you do some charity work and a lot of people will react positive to that.(A lot of people have nothing in their savings living paycheck to paycheck) Most people don't really care what the other person does for a living anyway. It's just something we asks each other because we really don't have much to say to one another...

There are people who do not need to work. They are not between jobs. A person could be an investor for example and never hold a job per se. I am retired. I am not between jobs. When I was in my late thirties, I took a year long sabbatical. I chose not to work and I had the funds to pull that off.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
There are people who do not need to work. They are not between jobs. A person could be an investor for example and never hold a job per se. I am retired. I am not between jobs. When I was in my late thirties, I took a year long sabbatical. I chose not to work and I had the funds to pull that off.

True...I was talking about people who need to be working to get by but don't have a job and feel society's pressure to work. Telling people you don't work verses in between jobs just makes it sound better imop...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
True...I was talking about people who need to be working to get by but don't have a job and feel society's pressure to work. Telling people you don't work verses in between jobs just makes it sound better imop...

There are also people who don't work at traditional jobs by choice because they commit their time to other endeavors. For example, raising children. It is much less common today for a parent to stay home and raise their kids. In most households, both parents work. This is often necessary to pay the bills, but it also sometimes causes new expenses, like a second car and the cost of childcare. My daughter is a stay at home mom. A good friend of mine, thinks this is ridiculous and she should get a job. Being a good parent is a job, today's society just doesn't value it as much as we once did. Many people value having a big house and new cars higher than this. I think that is a mistake.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
There are also people who don't work at traditional jobs by choice because they commit their time to other endeavors. For example, raising children. It is much less common today for a parent to stay home and raise their kids. In most households, both parents work. This is often necessary to pay the bills, but it also sometimes causes new expenses, like a second car and the cost of childcare. My daughter is a stay at home mom. A good friend of mine, thinks this is ridiculous and she should get a job. Being a good parent is a job, today's society just doesn't value it as much as we once did. Many people value having a big house and new cars higher than this. I think that is a mistake.

Maybe I'm old school. I can see circumstances where both husband and wife need to work. The other side of this is a parent with young children paying big bucks for child care and car payments for a new car. How much are they actually making by letting other people raise their children when paying child care and a car payment?  When my kids were young we agreed to keep my wife home with the kids and drive used cars. I never regretted it. We have an entire generation of children being raised from just about birth by strangers for profit.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »

Where do 10K people show up for 3 jobs in Walmart? It must be in the middle of no where in Kentucky. That sounds like bs.  There are 5 Walmarts within 10 miles of where I live. They always need people but that wasn't the point I was making. I was trying to get across there are jobs out there but many people would rather not work than do something that they feel is below them. That's one of the reason disability social security is exploding. People are saying they get a better deal with their phony pain problem or phony mental problem than working.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »
Maybe I'm old school. I can see circumstances where both husband and wife need to work. The other side of this is a parent with young children paying big bucks for child care and car payments for a new car. How much are they actually making by letting other people raise their children when paying child care and a car payment?  When my kids were young we agreed to keep my wife home with the kids and drive used cars. I never regretted it. We have an entire generation of children being raised from just about birth by strangers for profit.

Here, here! I totally agree with this line if thinking.