Author Topic: worst pro bbers of their time  (Read 13932 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: worst pro bbers of their time
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 01:36:19 PM »
could these guys be the reason why he got so far with a crap physique?

I think Arnold is a big reason why Franco had any real success.
The House that Ruth built

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2006, 02:09:30 PM »
that blond dude that used to be on all the GNC bottles

Dean Caputo.  He was pretty high up in the amateur ranks for a while in the late 80's-early 90's but never won a major NPC show.

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Caputo,+Dean

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2006, 02:20:14 PM »
Look, no one is saying Bill Grant was better than people like Sergio or Arnold, who were not only the best of their era, but among the all time greats. But this thread isn't about who was the best of their time; you're making the point the Bill Grant is the WORST bodybuilder of his era, which, considering he was a Mr. America winner and placed high in many pro shows, makes your assertion a total nonesense.

Fair enough, you didn't rate the guy's physique and this is a subjective thing anyway, but to say he was the "Worst of his time" is total hogwash and not supported by fact.

Sergio "sporting" the sports worst toupee ever

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »
Personally, I have never liked Mike Katz's physique.

Mike Katz is not even a pro. He's a top amateur bodybuilder
I am a mini beast

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2006, 05:59:05 PM »
Mike Katz is not even a pro. He's a top amateur bodybuilder

Actually, he is (or was). Despite his well-documented disappointment of 1975, shown in Pumping Iron, Katz went on to compete in the Olympia in 1976. However, much like the '75 Universe, he would fall at the hands of Ken Waller, who won the 200 lb.+ class.

He would also compete in the 1981 Mr. Olympia, where he placed 15th.

madmullah

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2006, 07:14:26 PM »
Look, no one is saying Bill Grant was better than people like Sergio or Arnold, who were not only the best of their era, but among the all time greats. But this thread isn't about who was the best of their time; you're making the point the Bill Grant is the WORST bodybuilder of his era, which, considering he was a Mr. America winner and placed high in many pro shows, makes your assertion a total nonesense.

Fair enough, you didn't rate the guy's physique and this is a subjective thing anyway, but to say he was the "Worst of his time" is total hogwash and not supported by fact.

look at this lineup,bill grant is the worst physique ,it was the same every pro show he entered.if there was a worse physique than him where is it(in the same lineup)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2006, 07:30:18 PM »
  At least he's married to a hot wench, unlike Ronnie who never had any woman. I mean, unless you consider Vickie Gates to be a woman. :P :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ronnie dont need a woman
he's got matt cline

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2006, 08:15:14 PM »
I can't see what your logic is in calling Bill Grant the worst pro bodybuilder of all time. Unless you have something personal against him then you got problems mate. Bill Grant's record and physique speak for themselves. Sure he was not perfect but he has a physique that many people would love to have and others aspire to. Gord could not have said it better. Your are entitled to your own opinion but your talking out of your ass in my opinion

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2006, 09:15:50 PM »

Mike Katz looks like True Adonis' long lost Daddy :-\!!

Sorry...couldn't resist!

madmullah

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »
I can't see what your logic is in calling Bill Grant the worst pro bodybuilder of all time. Unless you have something personal against him then you got problems mate. Bill Grant's record and physique speak for themselves. Sure he was not perfect but he has a physique that many people would love to have and others aspire to. Gord could not have said it better. Your are entitled to your own opinion but your talking out of your ass in my opinion
i said worst pro of his time (in competition)not of all time.yes his physique speakes for himself,crap.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »
Mike Katz looks like True Adonis' long lost Daddy :-\!!

Sorry...couldn't resist!

you'll never know.. perhaps it's true
I am a mini beast

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2006, 11:27:17 PM »
dude, i live in New Jersey and see Bill Grant training (either himself or clients) fairly often at my gym.  and he is definitely NOT one of the worst bodybuilders of his era.  or from any era as a matter of fact. 

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2006, 09:10:31 AM »

I agree with the Katz statement and ad Don Ross. They were the Dave Pulumbo's of their time.
and keep moving!

bigbopper

• Getbig I
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2006, 06:00:16 PM »
This message is for and especially for madmullah what a name you must look as bad as your name, also Gettingbigger and how you wish you where big because you probably look like a horses ass and you sculpture, the only sculpture you must look like is one of  porky pig. You little snot nose brats need to look in the mirror and you will probably find that you never had a physique and you never will have one so you have to criticize Bill Grant's because you probably wish you could look as good as he does.  Let me ask all of you little assholes, have you ever competed in a contest yourself, probably not, matter of fact you probably have never worked out yourself.  I tell you what you are probably about 15 years old so why don't you post a picture on the site and let everybody see how good you look, you probably won't because you all look like shit.  So for you to criticize someone else's physique who yes has won the Mr. America title and the Mr. World title you must be a really great bodybuilder with a lot of titles under your belt.  Surely you are not afraid to show the world your great physique next to Bill Grant's so the world can see how great you are.  So with that being said why don't you first try being a bodybuilder before you say one is the worst pro ever, and by the way don't you wish you could reach that status yourself?  Keep on dreaming boys because that's what you are nothing but little cowardly boys so why don't you go play with the little girls in the sandbox where you belong.  8)

seanashbrook

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »
arron maddron
personalfitnessconsulting

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2006, 06:58:31 PM »
Don Ross DEFINITELY, the Matt Kline of his generation.  ;) Nice pasty untanned look with greasy skin and lots of veins and no cuts. He was cut-out for work as one of Dan Lurie's east coast guys with just the right "look".

As someone mentioned, Mike Katz looked/looks like Frankenstein.