Author Topic: Number of Suicides Surpasses fatalities from Car Accidents in America  (Read 7663 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Number of Suicides Surpasses fatalities from Car Accidents in America
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:31:43 AM »
BAN SUICIDE !
V

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 03:48:22 AM »
Wonder if there is one main contributing factor or just a combination of things making people stretch their necks?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:54:40 AM »
Wonder if there is one main contributing factor or just a combination of things making people stretch their necks?
It's mainly men.  Society views men as disposable and valueless.  From the time a child is born, if it is male, it is held less, touched less, ignored more and punished more than a female child.  This cycle grows exponentially throughout a mans life. Some men just reach their limit after a lifetime of being considered a worthless and pathetic loser by modern feminist society.

Of course the feminazis blame it on mens skewed idea of masculinity.
V

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 03:56:29 AM »
It's the lack of faith, when material things become God to people they don't believe they can ever achieve happiness.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 03:58:21 AM »
Obamas fault.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 03:58:35 AM »
It's the lack of faith, when material things become God to people they don't believe they can ever achieve happiness.
You do realise the majority of the worlds population has some sort of faith and therefore the majority of the worlds suicides will be by people of faith.  My first experience with suicide was my best friend growing up attempted to kill himself literally because his parents forced their faith down his throat.  He hated religion, it literally drove him to try and kill himself.
V

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 04:08:33 AM »
It's mainly men.  Society views men as disposable and valueless.  From the time a child is born, if it is male, it is held less, touched less, ignored more and punished more than a female child.  This cycle grows exponentially throughout a mans life. Some men just reach their limit after a lifetime of being considered a worthless and pathetic loser by modern feminist society.

Of course the feminazis blame it on mens skewed idea of masculinity.

Yeah it is normally men although I have never stopped to wonder why. Do you think this trend will continue or do you see some sort of awakening on the horizon?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 04:09:57 AM »
You do realise the majority of the worlds population has some sort of faith and therefore the majority of the worlds suicides will be by people of faith.  My first experience with suicide was my best friend growing up attempted to kill himself literally because his parents forced their faith down his throat.  He hated religion, it literally drove him to try and kill himself.

You are making an assumption that the suicide rate among those with religious faith is equal to those who dont have faith.  I doubt that is accurate.  Regardless, its sad what happened with your friends, but I would say it was more to do with lousy parents than any faith they purported to have. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 04:30:59 AM »
Suicide is highest this time of the year for obvious reasons.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 04:33:18 AM »

No major bodybuilding shows?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 04:35:07 AM »

We should blame Jesus for this, not Obama.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 04:36:21 AM »
We should blame Jesus for this, not Obama.
Its pretty sad

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 04:56:38 AM »
You are making an assumption that the suicide rate among those with religious faith is equal to those who dont have faith.  I doubt that is accurate.  Regardless, its sad what happened with your friends, but I would say it was more to do with lousy parents than any faith they purported to have.  
All parents who force religion on their children are lousy parents.  And atheists and non-religious people make up about 11% of the worlds population, the rest are god botherers or have some sort of faith. I think it highly unlikely that majority of suicides are to found in only 11% of the population.
V

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 04:59:38 AM »
All parents who force religion on their children are lousy parents.  And atheists and non-religious people make up about 11% of the worlds population, the rest are god botherers, I think it highly unlikely that majority of suicides are to found in only 11% of the population.

I've known a few suicides, and none of them were religious.  I think you talk a lot of BS.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 05:13:52 AM »
True, but look at how many of them grow up. A lot of gen X and Y grew up with folks that didn't instill in their children to have backbones...holding their hand all the time and not allowing them to take responsibility for their actions...and also to be selfish. If a girl breaks up with a dude---she left him...he is thinking about himself, and then he cannot go on. You got grown men to threaten to commit suicide if their girlfriend leaves them...
You have people who just can't deal with life and life problems, so they take themselves out---whether it be by drugs, booze, or other means.

All these little things are cracks in our "Great Society"...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 05:15:24 AM »
I've known a few suicides, and none of them were religious.  I think you talk a lot of BS.
Religious people have notoriously covered up suicides, as it is considered a sin and brings shame on the family.  Let's take America for example, that has a predominant Religious population, let's say 80% believe in GOD, just to be conservative..  DO you really think that all the suicides are by the atheist minority.  Such a statistical anomaly would have been noticed long ago.

And I would argue the reason religious people or people of faith kill themselves far more often than people of no faith is because religion gives people false hope and encourages them to believe untruths, it takes an enormous amount of effort to maintain faith and religious untruths when overwhelming evidence to the contrary is thrown at you from every direction, something has to give. The fact they turn to faith in the first place is an indication of their fragility and inability to accept life on it's own terms.

Atheists on the other hand have a more realistic perspective, they comprise a stronger constitution that isn't propped up by religious propaganda and nonsense to comfort them, they realise there is just one go at this, they don't create false heavens to comfort them in this life, they simply make the best of the one and only life they will ever have.

The fact is Religious Nutters like to blame everything on some false belief that faith is disappearing, the fact is atheists and people of no faith have always been a tiny minority.  The majority of the world are religious or faith based of some sort and judging by the constant state of tyranny and warfare humanity has constantly been involved in, it comes as no surprise the majority are and have always been religious.  I hate to break it to you, but lack of faith isn't the problem, but faith is and always has been. Faith prevents people from utilising logic and reasoning, and any world where the majority of people abandon reasoning and logic is well, pretty much like the fucked up world you see before you.
V

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 05:24:42 AM »
You are making an assumption that the suicide rate among those with religious faith is equal to those who dont have faith.  I doubt that is accurate.  Regardless, its sad what happened with your friends, but I would say it was more to do with lousy parents than any faith they purported to have. 

and you are making an assumption that it's not - where is the difference?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 05:30:15 AM »
I believe your friend was either weak or trying to gain attention or that there is something you are not revealing....is it because they wanted him to go to church with them on Sunday? Well, if was a kid and under their roof, then he is going when they say he goes...he has no choice in the matter. Once you are an adult and out of the house. Do what you want...

And you said that he wasn't religious and attempted suicide, so doesn't that go against your point?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 05:38:34 AM »
I believe your friend was either weak or trying to gain attention or that there is something you are not revealing....is it because they wanted him to go to church with them on Sunday? Well, if was a kid and under their roof, then he is going when they say he goes...he has no choice in the matter. Once you are an adult and out of the house. Do what you want...

And you said that he wasn't religious and attempted suicide, so doesn't that go against your point?
He was sixteen at the time, and it wasn't his anti-religious stance that caused him to want to kill himself, he was being held hostage by some religious nutjobs.  He was simply able to work out early on religious indoctrination was child abuse, and by the time he was a teen he had enough.  He left home shortly after that, became a qualified electrician, made some good money, started a family and as far as I know he is doing good, but he now has nothing to do with his religious nutjob family.  I have a healthy sense of self preservation, yet force me to co-cohabitate with some religious zealots and I don't know how long it would be before hellfire and brimstone looked the more attractive option.

I am grateful to my parents I escaped a mind numbing, mind limiting, brain cell destroying religious indoctrinated childhood.
V

agenda21nwo

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 05:44:17 AM »
It is because of "no standards" that the west is collapsing.  No moral standards. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 05:52:24 AM »
It is because of "no standards" that the west is collapsing.  No moral standards.  
So if the vast majority of society are religious and society has no moral standards, what does that say about religion?  Kind of seems religion leads people to have no moral standards.
V