Author Topic: Nationwide competitions?? supplements problems ?  (Read 1345 times)

daniel_6_mile_man

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Nationwide competitions?? supplements problems ?
« on: January 09, 2006, 07:03:33 PM »
i go to a very very small division 3 school so to everyone in my division and school im considered very strong for my weight and strong in general........now i know their good for jus a athlete (which i am) but id liek to try to become a weight lifting competitor..

my stats are:

height- 5'9
weight: 155 (can go down to 149)
bench (no pause) 225
deadlift straight bar- 320
parallel squat 240

i dotn have $$ to buy supplements but i can give the time but i jus was wonderign if their is n e way i could get into serious nationwide competitions in high school by my senior year and compete??? is that possible???? what do you recommmend i do to achieve this???

thxs for helping!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Nationwide competitions?? supplements problems ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:05:19 PM »
i go to a very very small division 3 school so to everyone in my division and school im considered very strong for my weight and strong in general........now i know their good for jus a athlete (which i am) but id liek to try to become a weight lifting competitor..

my stats are:

height- 5'9
weight: 155 (can go down to 149)
bench (no pause) 225
deadlift straight bar- 320
parallel squat 240

i dotn have $$ to buy supplements but i can give the time but i jus was wonderign if their is n e way i could get into serious nationwide competitions in high school by my senior year and compete??? is that possible???? what do you recommmend i do to achieve this???

thxs for helping!

I'm guessing you're wanting to do powerlifting, and not Weightlifting.

Don't buy supplements.

Learn to eat a proper diet instead.

Supplement companies will try to tell you over and over again how their products will boost your results.

But you will get just as good results, or probably better, from eating a well balanced diet where you avoid everything that has white sugar or fructose syrup in it.

Check out Nancy Clark's book:

http://www.healthcastle.com/nubook_sports.shtml

If you want to boost your lifts, I suggest you contact USA Powerlifting:

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/home.shtml

You can mail their webmaster Cardella (t-cardella@usapowerlifting.com) for info on the nearest opportunity for you to train with powerlifters, and suggestions on how to get started with competing.

When training legs, squats and front squats is enough.

When training back, do deadlifts, rack deadlifts, and snatches.

When training arms, chest and shoulders, do benchpress and close grip benchpresses.

And train some abs twice a week too. ;)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise