Author Topic: Crossfit  (Read 11821 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Crossfit
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »
lol. Stupid is as stupid does.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »
Don´t buy the muscle mags anymore but my son buys them.. i was shocked how much crossfit was in it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 05:37:57 PM »
I want to fuck her.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »
Coach, is crossfit a big competitor of your gym? You put so much anti crossfit stuff on this board. Have you ever tried training a couple of weeks at a crossfit gym? Most power lifters and bodybuilders leave with their tail between their legs because truth be told underneath it all they are out of shape by real standards.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »
Coach, is crossfit a big competitor of your gym? You put so much anti crossfit stuff on this board. Have you ever tried training a couple of weeks at a crossfit gym? Most power lifters and bodybuilders leave with their tail between their legs because truth be told underneath it all they are out of shape by real standards.
mate if i took half of These guys here for a run...i know they would not make it. i agree with you on most things but crossfit is blown out of Proportion. The Training is good up to a Point. You know what i mean by loose form.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »
Why?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »

There's difference between training smart and training dumb. You can make both hard it's just depends on what route you want to take it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 06:05:31 PM »
It isn't crossfit...its the people who train like that. Its the people who act like they're world class athletes because they snatch massive ten lbs plates. Its the cult part. There's a dude in my a neighborhood is big into it. He has a garage gym with a cage etc. His wife also has a band of neighborhood wives who train together. He's an Air Force pilot trainer. He and his wife were doing some kind of fucked up wheelbarrow thing up and down the street last week. He's done push ups in front of my house as he does some "fran" thing. I have a prowler..everytime I get tempted to just use it in the front yard I think of this dude and just load it up and take it to the gym. Crossfit is fine, its some of the people that are douches.
L

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
It isn't crossfit...its the people who train like that. Its the people who act like they're world class athletes because they snatch massive ten lbs plates. Its the cult part. There's a dude in my a neighborhood is big into it. He has a garage gym with a cage etc. His wife also has a band of neighborhood wives who train together. He's an Air Force pilot trainer. He and his wife were doing some kind of fucked up wheelbarrow thing up and down the street last week. He's done push ups in front of my house as he does some "fran" thing. I have a prowler..everytime I get tempted to just use it in the front yard I think of this dude and just load it up and take it to the gym. Crossfit is fine, its some of the people that are douches.
spot on

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 06:15:45 PM »

exactly. it's the fad workout right now. it's like when people post up pictures of some 550 pound dude in a bench shirt struggling with 315 and going "LOL POWERLIFTING" or a picture of a skinny douchebag doing curls with his fake tan and muscletech and going "LOL BODYBUILDING".

crossfit:

crossfit:

crossfit:

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:58 PM »
Crossfit is an injury waiting to go off.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
BTW it's also worth noting that the OP video is making the rounds in CF circles with titles like "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should" and "this is why people mock crossfit".

so... again. this isn't in any way shape or form representative of crossfit. it's someone who does it doing something really fucking stupid. it's like watching a guy who competes in strongman try to lift like an engine over his head and dropping it on his face.

i've said it a million times. none of the ridiculous photos and videos are EVER anything that's actually in a workout. most CF workouts are pretty much modified oly or pl workouts with a METCON thrown in.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
There's difference between training smart and training dumb. You can make both hard it's just depends on what route you want to take it.

Just to be clear I don't go to crossfit gyms. I have looked into it extensively though. I think showing youtubes of beginners who fail at lifts or exercises doesn't really put down crossfit. Take some of their top tier guys and tell me they are not in shape. I think for the most part it's a good program to get into shape. It's only as hard or as easy a program as you make it. I have seen film of cross fit guys cleaning over 315 for reps, running, doing chins and dips for time that really is amazing.  

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
wjat are u faggets arguing for?
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »
I can't hate on it. I've done powerlifting for crossfit seminars and alot of the top guys respect it. I also think that a baseline program would and is very affective for training soldiers. I think its the shit that surrounds it...the outfits..on the dudes anyway. My wife was seriously thinking of doing it, luckily Jill Mills is local and she trains with her. Its alot of the same stuff but she's trained by an expert instead of a dude who went to 1 cert class and opened a box. The one good thing is that people are training harder, chalk, the equipment etc has become more mainstream.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
wjat are u faggets arguing for?

I think everybody is agreeing. Coach hates it...his posts on it are funny as hell.
L

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
I can't hate on it. I've done powerlifting for crossfit seminars and alot of the top guys respect it. I also think that a baseline program would and is very affective for training soldiers. I think its the shit that surrounds it...the outfits..on the dudes anyway. My wife was seriously thinking of doing it, luckily Jill Mills is local and she trains with her. Its alot of the same stuff but she's trained by an expert instead of a dude who went to 1 cert class and opened a box. The one good thing is that people are training harder, chalk, the equipment etc has become more mainstream.

that's why glenn pendlay called crossfit the best thing to happen to weightlifting.

zip the clock back 5 years. 10. 25. the "fad" workouts were all nautilus or pink dumbbells, rubber band gizmos and "in just 15 minutes a day, 3 days a week!" bullshit. now the "fad" is heavy weights, compound movements, and pushing your body to the limits.

the sport is also, what, about 6 years old? it's in its infancy. in 10 years when all the bullshit gets trimmed out it's going to be just another sport like strongman or PL. remember that all of these are offshoots of one another. there used to just be circus exhibitions. then there was olympic lifting. then powerlifting and bodybuilding sprang from that. now we have crossfit. that's all.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
Crossfit is stupid at every level !

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »
that's why glenn pendlay called crossfit the best thing to happen to weightlifting.

zip the clock back 5 years. 10. 25. the "fad" workouts were all nautilus or pink dumbbells, rubber band gizmos and "in just 15 minutes a day, 3 days a week!" bullshit. now the "fad" is heavy weights, compound movements, and pushing your body to the limits.

the sport is also, what, about 6 years old? it's in its infancy. in 10 years when all the bullshit gets trimmed out it's going to be just another sport like strongman or PL. remember that all of these are offshoots of one another. there used to just be circus exhibitions. then there was olympic lifting. then powerlifting and bodybuilding sprang from that. now we have crossfit. that's all.
compound lifts yes but not like i see in Crossfit. I am no expert in Olympic lifts but These guys know what they are doing with Trainers. What you see often in crossfit is explosive movements with no control and no real understanding of powerlifting principles

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

I think another issue with Crossfit at the Crossfit games level..how many of those people where shlubs before crossfit? They were all studs to begin with and then either through injury or whatever found crossfit. The folks who compete at that level are machines.
I hope this leads to more people taking part in olympic lifting....the US gets smoked and there's like 5 dudes doing it.  
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
compound lifts yes but not like i see in Crossfit. I am no expert in Olympic lifts but These guys know what they are doing with Trainers. What you see often in crossfit is explosive movements with no control and no real understanding of powerlifting principles

There was a really good article on why crossfit is viewed like it is and the reason is the business end has outgrown the pool of experts. People are getting certs 1k a pop..by retards. If your lucky to get training by the core guys your ok but just like the dudes at Golds...way to many untrained experts. The folks at golds will have u squat 20lbs and curl the 5's. The crossfit dudes have u OHP'ing and snatching....its a shitshow most of the time.

The AirForce has banned crossfit as an organized thing in their gyms. I'm Army and I know we've built plenty of crossfit gyms overseas but apparrently the AF doesn't endorse the program due to a huge increase in injuries. You can crossfit all you want in the gym but they won't set a room up with equipment for that express purpose.
L

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »
Fuck Crossfit !

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge