Author Topic: Avicii's new crib - Holy shit!  (Read 23456 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Avicii's new crib - Holy shit!
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2014, 11:13:25 PM »
Avicci worked pretty fucking hard for that money, anyboody who has been a DJ or a club promoter knows what kind of lifestyle you have to live to be a good DJ, alot of travelling,drugs,no sleep, dealing with E-tards all the time. very hard industry. avicci will be fucking tired for years when he settle down. hell he might gas out in just a year or two. It's just a shitty lifestyl being one of the worlds best DJ's. Rave/Party secenes all night get sickening! hard to stay clean from drugs. I bet avicci barely slept all of last year. he will burn out soon. he won;t own that house for long.

Don't talk wet.

Digging up roads for a living is hard work. Playing records is so far from it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »
Don't talk wet.

X2

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »
And lets be honest, that's the fucking best song ever created. Simply Unbeatable. I don't know how the guy does that, but the song was THE shit coming out, then it got boring after a year or so for a few months and now it starts getting cool again. Listen to it again all the time these days like it just came out ;D

It's a good tune - not the best by far. In fact, it's quite "poppy" and mainstream compared to where this scene started out.

This tune is pretty much a toned down version of No Good by prodigy. Really just made more mainstream - up the synths, drop the hard drumline, keep the uplifting hook.

I was raving in the early 90's in the UK - This sort of tune was typical fare in say 94-95. It's not unlike a lot of the stuff that was coming out on Perfecto Flouro back then.

I remember Y2K - some spotty youth telling me he'd been raving for 10 years. I asked how old he was - turned out he was 18. Basically a guy late to the scene knowing it was past it's glory and trying to somehow link himself to the early days.

So now it's 2014 and how has the scene changed? Well it hasn't really. It's just a rehash. This tune is a rehash.

So really, youth of today - how about you get your own fucking genre? Every other decade did it. Did we really peak creatively in the 90's such that you can't actually move music on?

I am actually embarrassed for the youth of today having to borrow a 25 year old 'scene'.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2014, 11:33:27 PM »
Commercial bollocks, you need to get out more mate, some tracks that never get played mainstream blow the socks off that one.

For me one of the best dance tracks ever made.

Exactly - golden times. In fact really Golden if you went to Stoke.

Renaissance do's were great - I remember one in a stately home in York.

Like I say - everything now is borrowed from the 90's and early 00's.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2014, 02:46:23 AM »
if he plays one 1hr set per weekend, that's $312k per year from playing events alone, and that's probably low-balling his minute-rate at $1000/min.

not to mention royalties from producer credits.

$20mil this year, another $15-20mil next year.. plus interest/dividends on investments. he should be set for life.

I don't see how he's gonna make much profit on that place after spending $15.5 mil.. wonder what the mortgage is on $15.5 mil. his monthly expenses including insurance, property tax, maintenance, ect have got to be near 2million/year.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2014, 03:45:51 AM »
Everytime Levels, Hey Brother or Wake me up is played on Radio or TV this guy sees cash. And those are GLOBAL hits, they are played thousands of times all over the globe - EVERYDAY SINGLE DAY.

On top of that this guy has upt to 300 gigs per year, cashing 6 fig per hour. Won't see his cool house too often, but that MoFo is Rollin in cash.
6figures per hour?

i never even hear of the guy.

6figures what place pays this?
n

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2014, 03:51:21 AM »
6figures per hour?

Summersplash, X-Jam (those are the "Spring Breaks" of Europe), Tomorrowland (biggest music festival on planet earth, 360.000 people this year - sold out within 1 hour).

Guetta or Tiesto get up to 250.000 per gig, and Avicii is in their league now too.

I mean look at the crowds they play, that's simply unbelieveable:

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2014, 03:59:18 AM »
Stupidest post on getbig ever,.
A DJs life is a fucking piece of piss, they dont even play records anymore, at least that required some skill to pull off.
ANYONE can DJ these days, literally anyone.
Its all on PC the tunes mix themselves with beat counters and all kinds of technology.

Fucking hell I know a few DJs from way back who still do it, they used to carry around boxes of records , now they turn up with a laptop and even play pre-mixed sets.

Wake the fuck up, that post of yours is an insult to people who put in a days work anywhere.
yah this amici shouldnt be labeled as dj, hes more like justing bieber, the music is so shit its about the same.

a dj, my personal understanding, would be carl cox, yeah good idea, someone tell carl cox that amici is the number 1 dj in the world and see what he says.

n

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2014, 04:03:46 AM »
6figures per hour?

None - I think some nonsense is being spoken

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2014, 04:04:35 AM »
Summersplash, X-Jam (those are the "Spring Breaks" of Europe), Tomorrowland (biggest music festival on planet earth, 360.000 people this year - sold out within 1 hour).

Guetta or Tiesto get up to 250.000 per gig, and Avicii is in their league now too.

I mean look at the crowds they play, that's simply unbelieveable:

But these are not weekly events - these guys don't do this every Saturday night.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:12 AM »
None - I think some nonsense is being spoken
yeah,maybe myabe at such festivals, if that.

im not saying his commercial hits dont make him much money,but the dj gigs, not sure at all.
n

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2014, 05:04:15 AM »
It's a good tune - not the best by far. In fact, it's quite "poppy" and mainstream compared to where this scene started out.

This tune is pretty much a toned down version of No Good by prodigy. Really just made more mainstream - up the synths, drop the hard drumline, keep the uplifting hook.

I was raving in the early 90's in the UK - This sort of tune was typical fare in say 94-95. It's not unlike a lot of the stuff that was coming out on Perfecto Flouro back then.

I remember Y2K - some spotty youth telling me he'd been raving for 10 years. I asked how old he was - turned out he was 18. Basically a guy late to the scene knowing it was past it's glory and trying to somehow link himself to the early days.

So now it's 2014 and how has the scene changed? Well it hasn't really. It's just a rehash. This tune is a rehash.

So really, youth of today - how about you get your own fucking genre? Every other decade did it. Did we really peak creatively in the 90's such that you can't actually move music on?

I am actually embarrassed for the youth of today having to borrow a 25 year old 'scene'.
it did. I met some young kids not too long ago and asked them what kind of music is popular with their generation, and ir was all late 90s early 2000s hard rock, older grunge, techno, and modern pop..so basically what I gathered is they were listening to the same shit I graduated with a decade ago and thought they were so fucking cool and badass listening to Linkin Park songs that were lame as fuck in 1999, let alone 2014.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »
Don't talk wet.

So easy, anybody can be like this guy and make millions from doing it

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2014, 08:14:53 AM »
So easy, anybody can be like this guy and make millions from doing it

Yeah, you heared the experts on here. Anyone can rock a croud of 200.000 people who wet their pants because of your music, produce hits which are played all over the globe every single day thousands of times and make 20 million dollars+ per year and move into a crib like in the first post. ;D

Stupidest post on getbig ever,.
A DJs life is a fucking piece of piss, they dont even play records anymore, at least that required some skill to pull off.
ANYONE can DJ these days, literally anyone.

And we idiots still get up in the morning and go to work, this looks like so much more fun

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2014, 08:20:47 AM »
Yeah, you heared the experts on here. Anyone can rock a croud of 200.000 people who wet their pants because of your music, produce hits which are played all over the globe every single day thousands of times and make 20 million dollars+ per year and move into a crib like in the first post. ;D

they can. Its purely luck. Its not like3 these guys have any musical talent - they just use computers to mix other people music together. So difficult.

maybe if he was actually playing the drums, playing the keyboard lines, actually CREATING the music hes piecing together, id agree that ut takes talent
right now all it rakes for him is an ear for a catchy hook, a forumla, and predone dumb, synth, and bass lines to mix together.

wooooo

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »
they can. Its purely luck. Its not like3 these guys have any musical talent - they just use computers to mix other people music together. So difficult.

maybe if he was actually playing the drums, playing the keyboard lines, actually CREATING the music hes piecing together, id agree that ut takes talent
right now all it rakes for him is an ear for a catchy hook, a forumla, and predone dumb, synth, and bass lines to mix together.

wooooo

u can do it? Proof it. :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
u can do it? Proof it. :)
I PLAY music, create it... I play Guitar, Bass, Trumpet, Trombone, little bit of Sax and dabbled with drums.... ive played everything from classical, to jazz, to metal.

The dude is not a musician, and there is 500 guys just like him in every ciTy.  Becoming a popular DJ isnt about talent, its about being lucky. ... being in the right place at the right time, knowing the right people, and being consistent.

telling me to.prove it is like me telling you to prove that you can win the lottery. Of course you can, but the odds are astronomically against you.

if you know how to run a computer, run some editing software, and arent a complete tone deaf idiot, you too can make Dance music.

Now im not saying they all are like that...  but the tune on display in this thread is a good example of no talent.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »
All that shit sounds the same to me

Its just club party drug music

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2014, 09:08:06 AM »
"I guess I think like deep inside, I know that it's like, it's a different kind of performing, it's not really... You're not performing like a guitar player or a singer is performing, you know what I mean? So it's weird to be in the same type setup as one of those. 'Cause I'm not really doing much, you know, like technically it's not that hard"
-Avicii

i hate those retards whose every second word is "like"!!!!!!!

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2014, 09:11:40 AM »
i hate those retards whose every second word is "like"!!!!!!!

Must be a Faggbook thing...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »
Cool in many ways but if I had that type of money I would never choose this type of house. Too open, too much glass, like sitting in a store window I imagine. Just not aesthetically pleasing to me.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
I PLAY music, create it... I play Guitar, Bass, Trumpet, Trombone, little bit of Sax and dabbled with drums.... ive played everything from classical, to jazz, to metal.

The dude is not a musician, and there is 500 guys just like him in every ciTy.  Becoming a popular DJ isnt about talent, its about being lucky. ... being in the right place at the right time, knowing the right people, and being consistent.

telling me to.prove it is like me telling you to prove that you can win the lottery. Of course you can, but the odds are astronomically against you.

if you know how to run a computer, run some editing software, and arent a complete tone deaf idiot, you too can make Dance music.

Now im not saying they all are like that...  but the tune on display in this thread is a good example of no talent.

That IS talent. Not everybody can pull that off. Yes a good amount of it is luck...but just because you don't care for someone's creations doesn't mean they're garbage. Anybody can cook, too, but that doesn't make them a celebrity chef.

Anybody can learn an instrument. Doesn't make them a musician.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »
That IS talent. Not everybody can pull that off. Yes a good amount of it is luck...but just because you don't care for someone's creations doesn't mean they're garbage. Anybody can cook, too, but that doesn't make them a celebrity chef.

DJs don't create. They play other people's creations.

They have an ear for what moves a crowd. It is a skill for sure - but you'd be naive to think that the most skilled DJ rose to the top.

The fact that you see the ability to play other people's music pleasingly as a talent says more about "generation fuck all" than anything

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
all that money and still small

Yes, that's a damn shame!
He could hire a hot nurse to inject him with the finest pharmaceuticals, a sous chef for his 8 quality meals per day, Ronaldo Colemanesq to train him like an animal and the finest Thai hoes for deep tissue massages and countless happy endings.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2014, 10:57:45 AM »

wat

learning an instrument absolutley makes one a musician. Doesnt make one a GOOD musician, but learning to play an instrument actually requires one to learn music, theory, technique, timing, etc, etc... having grown up playing music and around recording studios, learning to plqy an instrument (even other peoples music) requires one to learn a tremendous amount of material, and dedication.

You can sit down and cut and splice music on a PC instantly, with no knowledge of music other than your ear. Trust me, ive seen it done. A lot. One of our friends decided to be a DJ because he couldn't lear n an instrument and couldn't learn theory.

DJs are more computer software guys that listen to music than they are musicians.
its definitley a skill, but please dont compare it to actually learning how to play an instrument and create music from scratch.