Author Topic: WWE Network - Brutal Disappointing Numbers  (Read 7561 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
WWE Network - Brutal Disappointing Numbers
« on: July 31, 2014, 11:42:58 AM »
Only added 33k in subscribers for a total of 700k.

With all that promoting, they only upped the subscription number by 5%.

People just don't need any more unnecessary bills, even if it's only $10 a month.

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: WWE Network - Brutal Disappointing Numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »
They lost 128K

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
Disappointing, yes, but I still think this is the future of TV in general.

They are probably suffering a bit from account sharing.  I'm not sure if there's parameters in place to prevent that.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 03:27:33 PM »
Disappointing, yes, but I still think this is the future of TV in general.

They are probably suffering a bit from account sharing.  I'm not sure if there's parameters in place to prevent that.

I agree, but, I think they jumped the gun. If everyone had smart tvs and watching the internet was no different from tv, this thing would work, but, they're still showing their flagship show, Raw, on the USA network. So, for most people, there's no reason to get the WWE Network.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »
What's the point of watching WWE network, if they're going to give WrestleMania 30 away for free on NBC this weekend?

Let's see: Punk leaves; Bryan is out (perhaps for good); and did I mention they did the absolute GAYEST move in WrestleMania, if not WWE, history (i.e. ENDING UNDERTAKER'S STREAK....especially with Lesnar who then goes on hiatus for 4 months)?

I wonder why WWE network is struggling.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 03:23:48 AM »
What's the point of watching WWE network, if they're going to give WrestleMania 30 away for free on NBC this weekend?

Let's see: Punk leaves; Bryan is out (perhaps for good); and did I mention they did the absolute GAYEST move in WrestleMania, if not WWE, history (i.e. ENDING UNDERTAKER'S STREAK....especially with Lesnar who then goes on hiatus for 4 months)?

I wonder why WWE network is struggling.

The network offers a lot more programming than WM. In fact, I'm impressed by the program offerings it boasts. However, I believe the company shot itself in the foot as far as PPV revenue by including it in the network package.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 05:12:28 AM »

The network offers a lot more programming than WM. In fact, I'm impressed by the program offerings it boasts. However, I believe the company shot itself in the foot as far as PPV revenue by including it in the network package.

Without the PPVs included, you'd have to think the subscriber numbers would be dramatically lower.

IMO, they should've waited a few years until everyone has smart tvs. At that point they could show all their programming, including Raw and Smackdown, on the network, and use an advertising model instead of a monthly fee, and, then charge extra for special events like Mania and the Royal Rumble.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:04 AM »

Indeed! Getting 14 PPVs for the price of one or two is just plain STUPID. I remember nearly 20 years ago when they started the "In Your House" series of PPVs. They were marketed as a ppv-lite to persuade you to order the big 4 (SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and a WrestleMania).

But they were only two hours long, until mid-1997 when they bumped "In Your House: Ground Zero" to three hours. But that didn't even sell out until they switched the main event from Bret Hart vs. The Patriot (WWF title match) to Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »
 :o they get rid of guys like this and keep twinks like the miz,   people want to see the freaks.
F

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
:o they get rid of guys like this and keep twinks like the miz,   people want to see the freaks.

Ezekiel Jackson became irrelevant once The Corre disbanded.

Giant Gonzalez was a freak, too.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »
Good

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 03:59:20 AM »
I am guessing cuts are not over. There is still plenty of enhancement talent aka jobbers they can get rid of, Mr Woo-Woo-Woo (f'in useless), Heath Slater and others

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »
I am guessing cuts are not over. There is still plenty of enhancement talent aka jobbers they can get rid of, Mr Woo-Woo-Woo (f'in useless), Heath Slater and others

They just whacked Del Rio.