Author Topic: Would let your son endulge in bb supplements & the BB lifestyle?  (Read 5022 times)

NightTrain

Would let your son endulge in bb supplements & the BB lifestyle?
« on: September 08, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
....to pursue a "dream"...  ???

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
....to pursue a "dream"...  ???

Your threads suck ass.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Would let your son endulge in bb supplements & the BB lifestyle?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »

If my son wants to play football, baseball, soccer, tennis or bodybuilding, there is no reason to not let him pursue his dream, as long as he understands that education and balance in life is very important.  I will be there on whatever he wants to try, and should he succeed in it, hooray.  Should he fail, I will be there too. 

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:21:23 PM »
As a competitive bber either pro or amateur? Hell fucking no. I'd slap some sense into him. I'd bring him to this forum for some reeducation of what bbing really entails.
A

NightTrain

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
If my son wants to play football, baseball, soccer, tennis or bodybuilding, there is no reason to not let him pursue his dream, as long as he understands that education and balance in life is very important.  I will be there on whatever he wants to try, and should he succeed in it, hooray.  Should he fail, I will be there too. 

I guess... explains why Chris Cormier, Flaxseed Wheelchair and Rico McClinton went on Dialysis. I guess a "father figure" could've prevented that.

Also Mike Mate-a-rat-zoo called, he said his Dad called from Heaven a few times and told him to stay off his statins as it affected his "tightness" and to keep engulfing those steaks. This paid off and results speak for themselves.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:55:17 PM »

I don't get in the way of my sons dreams. But if his dream was to be a competitive bodybuilder. I would definitely talk him out of it.

NightTrain

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 11:05:03 PM »
I don't get in the way of my sons dreams. But if his dream was to be a competitive bodybuilder. I would definitely talk him out of it.

I get the "dream" idea and fully support it. I  however also guide my decisions to success in life partially based on other's unfortunate failures and misfortune. I would NEVER let my son walk down a path of marketing boosted lies that can affect his internal organs and overall well being for the benefit of others.

BodyConnoisseur

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • focused
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 01:20:10 AM »
Absolutely, if he had a passion for it I'd support. As long as he had balance in other aspects of his life like education and an income.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 01:35:46 AM »
No, I wouldn't let him buy and do felonious, illegal and kidney killing drugs... Just saying...

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 02:00:33 AM »
A "sport" where you have to invest your health and put it on the line to potentially reap the rewards is a poor investment choice IMHO, the success rate is low depending on the definition of success in BB, hence this is a high risk investment with poor yields, no sane man would ever touch this with a barge pole if we merely used thinking logic. Furthermore, the success if achieved mostly leads to an empty  glory rather than afford an actual prosperous life, this is not something I want my child to go into.

Mr Olympia winners earn 200k US dollars before tax, a lot of this will go on tax then you can make quite a bit on the side but you have to stand on booths and sell stuff like t-shirts, proteins, signed pictures and videos, guest pose...Now move away from Mr O and the earnings start to drop drastically. Hence a lot of BBers end up selling their dignity for cash (see the Nick Toscani example). In reality an exec earning 6 figures from the age of 30 which is reasonable and retires at 65 will earn so much more and get a decent pension on top at retirement with two kidneys.

Having said that BB'ing is great as a hobby, I enjoy it and it gives me a purpose and an escapism outside my work and social life. Used correctly it can enhance your professional and love life and contribute to making you a happy person overall. I would encourage my son to have a sport as a hobby, bodybuilding included as long that it doesn't get out of hand or try to make it a career.

S

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 02:07:57 AM »
My old mans been a competitive bber 30+ years, he's more concerned that I still havent stepped on stage lol.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »
A "sport" where you have to invest your health and put it on the line to potentially reap the rewards is a poor investment choice IMHO, the success rate is low depending on the definition of success in BB, hence this is a high risk investment with poor yields, no sane man would ever touch this with a barge pole if we merely used thinking logic. Furthermore, the success if achieved mostly leads to an empty  glory rather than afford an actual prosperous life, this is not something I want my child to go into.

Mr Olympia winners earn 200k US dollars before tax, a lot of this will go on tax then you can make quite a bit on the side but you have to stand on booths and sell stuff like t-shirts, proteins, signed pictures and videos, guest pose...Now move away from Mr O and the earnings start to drop drastically. Hence a lot of BBers end up selling their dignity for cash (see the Nick Toscani example). In reality an exec earning 6 figures from the age of 30 which is reasonable and retires at 65 will earn so much more and get a decent pension on top at retirement with two kidneys.

Having said that BB'ing is great as a hobby, I enjoy it and it gives me a purpose and an escapism outside my work and social life. Used correctly it can enhance your professional and love life and contribute to making you a happy person overall. I would encourage my son to have a sport as a hobby, bodybuilding included as long that it doesn't get out of hand or try to make it a career.

Good post!

agenda21nwo

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 08:02:31 AM »

Now that I'm older, I often entertain the idea of "sponsoring" a younger male bodybuilder in college.
I could show him the ins and outs of real, hardcore bodybuilding  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »
If he wants to body build naturally as a hobby I'm all for it. Anyone who has been around this game for decades will vouch for all the wasted lives of guys pursuing the syringe life style. Seen guys throw away education and the pursuit of careers by just being concerned with lifting, juicing and whey protein. Suddenly they are 30 and they don't have anything going for them in their life except for the ignorant telling them how buff they are.  Then after juicing for untold amount of cycles for decades and the money wasted they have to stop. It could be health, arrest, or finances. Suddenly they are 50's in poor health walking around with a wrinkled picture of them self in a speedo to show people.

My oldest son has no interest in lifting weights. He goes out for runs. He's healthy and lean. He can do his form of exercise anywhere he is. He does charity 5K's for competition. I have never heard any of his running friends ask what they are using for a cycle or what drug dealer can get the best vials of junk.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »
My son is only 8 years old, right now he plays hockey and tennis. If he turns out to be a fagget I'll nudge him toward bodybuilding.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »
My son is only 8 years old, right now he plays hockey and tennis. If he turns out to be a fagget I'll nudge him toward bodybuilding.

lolololololololol

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »
My old mans been a competitive bber 30+ years, he's more concerned that I still havent stepped on stage lol.

lol

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 09:05:35 AM »

Hockey:Tennis

50/50 chance he ends up with a dick in his mouth..... ;D

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »
Hockey:Tennis

50/50 chance he ends up with a dick in his mouth..... ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 09:13:48 AM »
I trusted my children to make sensible life choices as they matured into adulthood. They have done so thus far. Since they are mature adults now, I don't see where they would suddenly start making poor choices. As a parent of adult children, I try to avoid interfering in their lives. Fortunately, they have not given me any reason to do so and likely will not.

the trainer

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
This is how I imagine me and my son training together roid up and oiled up posing in our thongs.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »
i'd tell him the truth and the bottom line of "bodybuilding = all drugs" right off the bat

it would be unlikely he would still want to proceed

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »
we should give our kids all the top common options, and let him/her decide.

buy a soccer ball, karate outfit, winstrol, catchers mitt, and tap dance shoes.  Let the child decide.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »
we should give our kids all the top common options, and let him/her decide.

buy a soccer ball, karate outfit, winstrol, catchers mitt, and tap dance shoes.  Let the child decide.
you forgot to mention buying posing trunks