Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 112341 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #450 on: May 02, 2023, 05:47:32 PM »
No he didn't.  He never pushed the Dominion stuff.  Not publicly.  Not behind closed doors.  The Dominion lawsuit had nothing to do with Tucker.

Does the FOX - Dominion settlement have anything to do with Tucker Carlson and his private emails and conversations in your opinion?

BTW, you are right I mentioned Dominion in connection with Tucker in my much broader post about Tucker's honesty or lack thereof. This was my error. I didn't watch the Tucker Carlson show on FOX nor follow him in the media so how would I know if he specifically lied about Dominion.

If Tucker had said the same things on air as he did in private, would FOX still have fired him? Moreover, would he have been fired sooner because his opinion was inconsistent with what FOX viewers wanted to hear and FOX wanted to feed their viewers. If he wasn't lying to his audience, he also wasn’t really telling them the truth, was he? There is lying and there is also lying by omission. Is one less of a lie than the other?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2023, 06:03:49 PM »
Does the FOX - Dominion settlement have anything to do with Tucker Carlson and his private emails and conversations in your opinion?

BTW, you are right I mentioned Dominion in connection with Tucker in my much broader post about Tucker's honesty or lack thereof. This was my error. I didn't watch the Tucker Carlson show on FOX nor follow him in the media so how would I know if he specifically lied about Dominion.

If Tucker had said the same things on air as he did in private, would FOX still have fired him? Moreover, would he have been fired sooner because his opinion was inconsistent with what FOX viewers wanted to hear and FOX wanted to feed their viewers. If he wasn't lying to his audience, he also wasn’t really telling them the truth, was he? There is lying and there is also lying by omission. Is one less of a lie than the other?

Tucker did not give any kind of platform to the Dominion allegations, so no Dominion's lawsuit had nothing to do with him.  As I mentioned, he tried to get Sidney Powell on his show, but she refused to show up.  Had she appeared, he would have ripped her a new one, which is probably why she ghosted him. 

I don't know why Fox fired Tucker.  Neither one of them has said.  And he technically hasn't been fired yet.  They just took him off air.  He is still under contract.  He is likely negotiating his exit and they are trying to see how they can silence him. 

Also, Fox is engaged in some pretty dirty stuff, releasing hot mic moments to the New York Times to try and interfere with his ability to get hired somewhere else.

If they do not course correct, they are going to lose their position as ratings juggernaut.  They have already been bleeding in ratings since Tucker left, including losing to MSNBC in his time slot.  Lawrence Jones is supposedly his temporary replacement.  I like him, but no way does he bring in over 3 million viewers a night like Tucker. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2023, 06:10:41 PM »
Fox News is bleeding viewers at 8 p.m. after ousting Tucker Carlson
Jeremy Barr
Washington Post
Published May 1, 2023
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/television/2023/05/01/fox-news-is-bleeding-viewers-at-8-p-m-after-ousting-tucker-carlson/70171340007/

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2023, 06:12:19 PM »
Your facts are wrong.  He did not ever push the Dominion stuff claimed by Sidney Powell.  The Dominion lawsuit had nothing to do with the stolen election claims made on Tucker's show. 

What specific people were allowed to push Dominion lies on Tucker's show?

I never said he pushed the Dominion stuff claimed by Powell.  He was a bold face liar that pushed the stolen election lies and gave people a reason to believe it to be true and a soapbox for the liars to peddle their crap.

Hell he just rolled over and played dead with Trumpy was on there himself with the bullshit.  And gave Pillow Guy an open forum for his Dominion claims including that he found "machine fraud".  Other liars include Rudy and MTG.  All of them peddled their lies on there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2023, 06:23:46 PM »
I never said he pushed the Dominion stuff claimed by Powell.  He was a bold face liar that pushed the stolen election lies and gave people a reason to believe it to be true and a soapbox for the liars to peddle their crap.

Hell he just rolled over and played dead with Trumpy was on there himself with the bullshit.  And gave Pillow Guy an open forum for his Dominion claims including that he found "machine fraud".  Other liars include Rudy and MTG.  All of them peddled their lies on there.

What stolen election lies did he push? 

He did not give anyone an open forum on Dominion stuff.  I'm going to assume you're misinformed and not just lying about it.  Easy to happen given all of the false info put out by the "media." 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: May 02, 2023, 06:51:47 PM »
What stolen election lies did he push? 

He did not give anyone an open forum on Dominion stuff.  I'm going to assume you're misinformed and not just lying about it.  Easy to happen given all of the false info put out by the "media."

Was Mike Lindell not on his show?  Trump?  Rudy?  MTG?   These are known liars. 

The Dominion suit was over LIES.  You can keep trying to split hairs but it isn't working.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2023, 12:02:51 AM »
Was Mike Lindell not on his show?  Trump?  Rudy?  MTG?   These are known liars. 

The Dominion suit was over LIES.  You can keep trying to split hairs but it isn't working.

Tucker did not have anyone on his show promoting the Dominion stuff.  So you can keep trying to pretend like all complaints about the rigged election in 2020 are the same, but they clearly are not. 

The Dominion suit was over lies about them switching votes from Trump to Biden, not about the Hunter Biden laptop, mules, Mark Zuckerberg's illegal influence, etc.  This isn't hair splitting.  It's about facts.  Your facts are wrong.

If you want to say the Dominion suit was about Maria Bartiromo giving a platform to the Dominion stuff, then you have a point.  If you are claiming it was Tucker, you are either lying or willfully ignorant. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: May 03, 2023, 06:04:27 AM »
Tucker did not have anyone on his show promoting the Dominion stuff.  So you can keep trying to pretend like all complaints about the rigged election in 2020 are the same, but they clearly are not. 

The Dominion suit was over lies about them switching votes from Trump to Biden, not about the Hunter Biden laptop, mules, Mark Zuckerberg's illegal influence, etc.  This isn't hair splitting.  It's about facts.  Your facts are wrong.

If you want to say the Dominion suit was about Maria Bartiromo giving a platform to the Dominion stuff, then you have a point.  If you are claiming it was Tucker, you are either lying or willfully ignorant.

Are you struggling here?  Can you show me where I stated that Tucker specifically pushed Dominion stuff?  Because that is what your argument seems to be about.

I said he pushed the narrative through stolen election lies.  The entire Dominion suit was about LIES.   Tucker lied.  Tucker had guests on his show that were known liars and pushers of the stolen election lawsuit.

Bottom line, if he wasn't lying and giving a platform for liars, then he would not have been named in the lawsuit.  I am sure will see this when he takes the stand on the other lawsuit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2023, 06:10:16 AM »
So, of all the liars we've seen - Maddow, Fauci, Birx, Wolenski, etc, it's Tucker who actually will be held accountable.

Makes sense.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: May 03, 2023, 07:23:19 AM »
So, of all the liars we've seen - Maddow, Fauci, Birx, Wolenski, etc, it's Tucker who actually will be held accountable.

Makes sense.

Someone should have sued them.

Or maybe Tucker should have avoided such blatant you-gotta-be-retarded lies in the first place.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #460 on: May 03, 2023, 07:32:43 AM »

Or maybe Tucker should have avoided such blatant you-gotta-be-retarded lies in the first place.

Admittedly, I haven't followed the Dominion stuff.  Never paid attention to it from inception, as I knew, cheating or not, it would never be proven.

It's just my opinion that when Tucker is on, he's spot on, and and a necessary voice to counter the neo-liberal stink that's permeated everything.

Cable news is going the way of the dodo anyway, and the independent news sources will continue to rise, so Tucker is going to be a-ok.

But I think the lies of the group I mentioned in the previous post caused infinitely more damage.  I want all the liars to be held accountable - both left and right - as I've gotten sick of having to read 5 different articles for verification if I want to believe one sentence of a news report.
Y

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: May 03, 2023, 10:57:12 AM »

Pfffft...Russia, Russia, Russia and so on...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: May 03, 2023, 01:39:34 PM »
Are you struggling here?  Can you show me where I stated that Tucker specifically pushed Dominion stuff?  Because that is what your argument seems to be about.

I said he pushed the narrative through stolen election lies.  The entire Dominion suit was about LIES.   Tucker lied.  Tucker had guests on his show that were known liars and pushers of the stolen election lawsuit.

Bottom line, if he wasn't lying and giving a platform for liars, then he would not have been named in the lawsuit.  I am sure will see this when he takes the stand on the other lawsuit.

Maybe we will if Tucker takes the stand. The Smartmatic lawsuit may also be settled at the last minute by FOX to avoid a trial.  Smartmatic is seeking a $2.7 billion judgment against FOX, which is considerably more than Dominions original ask.

Should it come down to Tucker taking the stand, do you think he will somehow 'throw FOX under the bus?" On the other hand, FOX may have fired Tucker to discredit him in advance of a settlement or trial.

I think if you ask Dos Equis, he will make it clear that he believes the election was stolen one way or another. He has a lot of company in this except with the courts who have consistently thrown out any claims of it being stolen election.

Trump lost, period. He won't ever publicly admit it though. I shudder to think what will happen if he is the Republican nominee and loses once again... even if he is somehow a third MAGA party nominee. Some people (Trump) never know enough to recognize the party is over and just go home.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: May 03, 2023, 01:57:42 PM »

Pfffft...Russia, Russia, Russia and so on...

Funny how that Russia investigation actually caught criminals.  And was profitable too. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: May 03, 2023, 02:06:14 PM »
Maybe we will if Tucker takes the stand. The Smartmatic lawsuit may also be settled at the last minute by FOX to avoid a trial.  Smartmatic is seeking a $2.7 billion judgment against FOX, which is considerably more than Dominions original ask.

Should it come down to Tucker taking the stand, do you think he will somehow 'throw FOX under the bus?" On the other hand, FOX may have fired Tucker to discredit him in advance of a settlement or trial.

I think if you ask Dos Equis, he will make it clear that he believes the election was stolen one way or another. He has a lot of company in this except with the courts who have consistently thrown out any claims of it being stolen election.

Trump lost, period. He won't ever publicly admit it though. I shudder to think what will happen if he is the Republican nominee and loses once again... even if he is somehow a third MAGA party nominee. Some people (Trump) never know enough to recognize the party is over and just go home.   

There was no stolen election.  Anyone thinking that at this point is just flat out retarded.  End of story.  Time to move along to the next excuse.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: May 03, 2023, 02:39:04 PM »
in the unlikely event he fails to win the Republican party nomination  will he then claim the party election was rigged against him ?

True to form, Trump will claim someone other than him is responsible for whatever happens, unless it is something good than he will take sole responsibility as if he did it all on his own.  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: May 03, 2023, 03:02:06 PM »
Remind me how many awards FOX has won.  I seem to forget.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: May 03, 2023, 09:16:43 PM »

The only person struggling here is you.  You clearly don't know what the heck you're talking about.  The Dominion suit was not "about LIES."  It was about specific lies regarding the voting machines.  Tucker never said anything about the voting machines. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: May 03, 2023, 09:17:16 PM »

Makes sense.

Ironic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: May 03, 2023, 09:18:22 PM »
Admittedly, I haven't followed the Dominion stuff.  Never paid attention to it from inception, as I knew, cheating or not, it would never be proven.

It's just my opinion that when Tucker is on, he's spot on, and and a necessary voice to counter the neo-liberal stink that's permeated everything.

Cable news is going the way of the dodo anyway, and the independent news sources will continue to rise, so Tucker is going to be a-ok.

But I think the lies of the group I mentioned in the previous post caused infinitely more damage.  I want all the liars to be held accountable - both left and right - as I've gotten sick of having to read 5 different articles for verification if I want to believe one sentence of a news report.

I think Fox is in deep kimchi.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: May 03, 2023, 09:19:36 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: May 03, 2023, 09:20:45 PM »
Cable News Ratings Monday May 1: MSNBC Tops Fox News in Prime Time
By Mediaite Staff
May 2nd, 2023
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediaite.com%2Fdaily-ratings%2Fcable-news-ratings-monday-may-1-msnbc-tops-fox-news-in-prime-time%2F

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: May 04, 2023, 07:10:12 AM »
The only person struggling here is you.  You clearly don't know what the heck you're talking about.  The Dominion suit was not "about LIES."  It was about specific lies regarding the voting machines.  Tucker never said anything about the voting machines.

The Dominion suit was about LIES.  Lies about their product that resulted in a stolen election that never happened.  What do you think it was about?  The truth?   ::) 

I never said Tucker said anything about voting machines.  You obviously can't read or understand what I typed or you are just trying to conform it to your narrative. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: May 04, 2023, 01:14:19 PM »

Makes sense.

Hope you realize you just inadvertently called Tucker a liar by including him in your list of liars and saying he will be held accountable. Pretty sure that is not what you meant to do.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: May 05, 2023, 05:02:22 AM »
Fox's strength is the fact that America has an abundance of angry, uneducated, failures in life type whiners that will not only dedicate hours a day, every day of their lives to watching the network, they will brag about doing so. As if being hooked on a multimedia advertising empire to receive your marching orders is an asset in life? But it's what they do, FOX knows it and of course, makes mountains of cash from doing so.  And if you think their viewers and supporters will be any smarter after the network was proven to be blatant liars in court by their own words, text messages, and private conversations, then you don't understand these people and just how fucked up in the head they are.

It's just like the fact that only dumb people think Trumpy is smart.