Author Topic: People who don't earn a university degree  (Read 24209 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: People who don't earn a university degree
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »
Some of the kids at the local high school drive BMW's and they probably know how to spell Hyundai....that's who they are.
Who cares either way?  What kind of car did Dennis Hopper drive?  Give up?  Doesn`t matter because Dennis Hopper is dead.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2014, 02:27:42 PM »
Some of the kids at the local high school drive BMW's and they probably know how to spell Hyundai....that's who they are.
who gives a shit you old homo

nobody likes you here

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
You keep arguing about it.

My advice would be to find something productive you're passionate about and pour at least half of a 24-hour day into it consistently. It might fill the void, make you feel better about yourself, and change the way you view us evil capitalist pigs.

Have a good weekend.
I am passionate about laughing at your envy of others to be honest.  Alex and company would have a field day with you.  :D

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »
I am passionate about laughing at your envy of others to be honest.  Alex and company would have a field day with you.  :D

To say that I envy the truly rich who have made me pretty rich myself is moronic.

I'm also smart enough to know real wealth from internet "alpha males" with little or no net worth, lots of debt, too much in depreciating assets, etc.

You're obviously either deliberately taking my posts out of context, or else you're truly just a dumb kid who doesn't understand much.

I guess that happens when you're young or haven't actually ever worked or earned anything yourself.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »
Who cares either way?  What kind of car did Dennis Hopper drive?  Give up?  Doesn`t matter because Dennis Hopper is dead.

I think you missed my point, probably because this was a reply to Anabolichalo's post suggesting driving a BMW is a big deal. In this you and I are in agreement, I think. What kind of car a person drives is of little consequence when all is said and done.

Since Dennis Hopper is dead, one hopes he no longer drives a car.  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »
who gives a shit you old homo

nobody likes you here

You make me sad with the mean things you say to me.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »
To say that I envy the truly rich who have made me pretty rich myself is moronic.

I'm also smart enough to know real wealth from internet "alpha males" with little or no net worth, lots of debt, too much in depreciating assets, etc.

You're obviously either deliberately taking my posts out of context, or else you're truly just a dumb kid who doesn't understand much.

I guess that happens when you're young or haven't actually ever worked or earned anything yourself.
You are now the king of assumptions I see.  Your whole existence is based on kissing asses as you yourself admitted.  Just curious, why do you feel the need to mention the fact that you are 45 years of age in every post?  Are we supposed to be impressed by that or something? I am sure on your 46th revolution around the sun you will still be kissing the asses of those you envy.  So whats the point?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
This is a misconception a lot of companies have today, which is too bad. Realistically, a college degree, regardless of how advanced the degree is doesn't ensure these degreed folks are truly critical thinkers. In fact, good old commonsense seems to elude many of the most educated people around, in my experience. If the educational community and businesses keep focusing on degrees as a criteria for recruitment of new employees, many people won't start working until they are 30 or more years old. Once they start earning money, they will owe a good portion of their salaries for student loans....all that to sling a hamburger or bring a customer their water, (okay so some will have better jobs then this, but you get the picture).

Completely agree. By and large, college doesn't encourage critical thinking at all. Professors simply teach you which ideas or ideologies to criticize. More specifically, it's unchecked liberal indoctrination. Students critical of this are at risk of unwarranted failing, censorship, removal from class, or even expulsion.

Research current statistics on professors' political affiliations; then Google the cutesy little term "Speech Codes," and guess which voices it's overwhelmingly used against. To shame, silence, or worse. Far left fascism, plain and simple, from the self-proclaimed champions of free speech.

And this "bastions of tolerance and diversity" nonsense they commonly espouse has absolutely zero to do with ideas or opinions; it is ENTIRELY about skin color.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2014, 02:42:42 PM »
My stepdad graduated from the 8th grade and went to work to help support his family. Many years later, he went into business for himself in the trades as a painting contractor. Although he was a bright man and well read, he had almost no formal education. What he had was drive and ambition, the ambition to make money and in doing that he was successful.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2014, 02:43:42 PM »
My stepdad graduated from the 8th grade and went to work to help support his family. Many years later, he went into business for himself in the trades as a painting contractor. Although he was a bright man and well read, he had almost no formal education. What he had was drive and ambition, the ambition to make money and in doing that he was successful.
Whats he painting these days?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »
Whats he painting these days?

Rainbows in the sky. He died 32 years ago.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »
Rainbows in the sky. He died 32 years ago.

Oh, well — he wasn't going
to write Beethoven's Ninth Symphony anyway.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »

Oh, well — he wasn't going
to write Beethoven's Ninth Symphony anyway.

you are a bitter and nasty individual. No need to attack people's family like that.  :(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
The educational system in Germany, where my son and grandchildren live is different from the U.S. By the time a person enters what would be their high school sophomore year, they begin studies for a career based which is based on their aptitude and not on what they or their parents imagine for them. If tests show you have the ability to become a doctor and this is what you want to do, your education is geared to accommodate this early on. If like my daughter-in-law, you want to be a fashion designer but don't seem to have the talent for this, you can still study for it, but you must pay for your education.

Brilliant system. Too PC here to ever consider such an idea. Can't stigmatize anyone with the "shame" of being assigned a trade route. 'Everyone can/should be a scholar,' we insist. F'n retarded.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
you are a bitter and nasty individual. No need to attack people's family like that.  :(
???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2014, 03:00:51 PM »
This old fart read your other post in this thread. Unfortunately, it was less then impressive, as they usually are. You could use some education when it comes to the English language, BTW.

Than.

Ironic, no?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »
Than.

Ironic, no?

Ironic, yes! Thanks.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »
Ironic, yes! Thanks.

No need to thank me for correcting errors. It's actually quite toolish.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2014, 03:51:03 PM »
This thread has derailed into pointless bickering. Let's get it back on track.

Mr. No

« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »
This thread has derailed into pointless bickering. Let's get it back on track.
Oh, word?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »
Oh, word?

Immediately thought of Dave Chappell for some reason.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
I'm blue collar white trash, I have to work 60 hours just to keep up with the poverty line. College folk like to tell how "you could have worked harder and been this or that and made more money and blah blah blah"

I tell them the same thing. They could have been a brain surgeon or an astronaut and made much more money themselves.  Then they start about how they're happy where they're at as if a less materialistic person, such as myself, can't be as well. Their happiness depends on whether or not they have the nicest car (usually one they don't like that is unreliable and won't actually be paid for until they're 70 if they skip meals and go without heat during the winter) or biggest TV screen (because that's what's important in life).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »
No need to thank me for correcting errors. It's actually quite toolish.

I know, but I've done it myself. What is more, I actually appreciate when someone does this. It seems like constructive criticism to me.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Gates, Branson... and despite Welch having a formal education, he still holds the other attributes that I mentioned higher than someone with a degree. I also disagree with the highlighted. People with that kind of drive will always make it to the top. The real learning begins in real life situations after you receive that degree.

Yes Joe, you mention TWO guys out of 3.5 BILLION that made it to the top without a formal education. Forget the billionaires, they're extreme cases. It's an idiotic point.

Facts are that Welch would never have made it to the top of GE, regardless of his inhuman drive without a formal degree. It just wouldn't happen. The top 5000 managers at GE ALL have degrees. Without fail.

It's funny, I've just googled 'CEOs without degrees'. Business Week links comes up with some impressive people, all started their own companies. It's the only way. You're NOT going to run GE, BP, Exxon without a formal education. You're limiting yourself.

But I fully agree with you that the learning starts after you received your degree. It's lifelong learning and passion that counts. But a degree smooth your way.