Author Topic: Favourite bar/club for live music in London  (Read 3343 times)

foodie

Favourite bar/club for live music in London
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Like the thread title says. I like some places like Barfly in Camden. Ronnie Scott's has some great acts but it's quite overpriced imo

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Favourite bar/club for live music in London
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
the carling academy as its called now

saw iron maiden their great venue
T

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »
I liked brixton jam for the openmic/battles etc

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 02:22:21 AM »
I like the blue oyster for their malibu and cranberry cocktails.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 12:22:42 PM »
i recommend you go to O bar in soho, late at night when you are too intoxicated to get in elsewhere.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 12:26:05 PM »
i recommend you go to O bar in soho, late at night when you are too intoxicated to get in elsewhere.

From your pics...apart from McDs in Picadilly Circus, any decent London bars wouldn't let you walk past let alone get in.
S

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
Ironically sandwiched between the legendary gay haunts of Old Compton Street and Wardour Street, The O Bar is an ostentatiously straight venue that I found to be rather sleazy. Think Hooters, and you won't go far wrong... Although there is the usual bar service, scantily clad, overly made up and very 'thrust-their-bust-at-you' waitresses will harrass you at your table and try to get you to order your drinks from them, in hope of being tipped for doing... Well, not a lot, really. Unsurprisingly, this is a big hit with the polyester suit-clad guys who fill the place, attempting either to get lucky with the waitresses, or just impress whatever hapless female they've managed to lure into the place. Quite honestly, this bar is mostly frequented by those who want to drink in Soho, but are too homophobic to go to any of the nicer, but not exclusively straight bars in the area.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d2278677-r136930687-The_O_Bar-London_England.html

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 05:24:44 AM »
Half Moon, Putney.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 09:14:14 AM »
Denari says you are more than welcome to join him behind his local bargain booze store to kick a football around with a bottle of heritage cider in hand and new monkey music playing away on his phone

bensif

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:46 AM »
Like the thread title says. I like some places like Barfly in Camden. Ronnie Scott's has some great acts but it's quite overpriced imo

Ronnie Scott's is great. Make a night of it, book a hotel etc. Great Jazz musicians in there.