Author Topic: Best Horror Movies  (Read 36117 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Best Horror Movies
« Reply #200 on: October 31, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
blair witch is not overrated, it's great if you actually have an imagination

just saw "i spit on your grave" for the first time last night, that's terrifying if you're a girl

E
E

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: October 31, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »
Just tried to watch this (Poughkeepsie Tapes) , I like horror, just not this kind, very disturbing....

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: October 31, 2014, 12:04:42 PM »
Just tried to watch this (Poughkeepsie Tapes) , I like horror, just not this kind, very disturbing....

Just saw it, too. Decent, though a little overly derivative with the overdone 'found footage' approach. And some real bad acting, too. Still, held my interest throughout.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2014, 12:22:07 PM »
Just saw it, too. Decent, though a little overly derivative with the overdone 'found footage' approach. And some real bad acting, too. Still, held my interest throughout.

yea the FBI and officers and shit were fucking D class actors straight out to film school if that

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2014, 12:25:36 PM »

E
I agree. Those are the types I like generally. Usually once the creature or whatever is seen becomes much more of a letdown and laughable/cheesy in some cases.
And wasn't filled with gratuitous gore as a shock tactic to keep people's attention.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »

just saw "i spit on your grave" for the first time last night, that's terrifying if you're a girl

E

I loved it, too, but it all comes down to taste, so I'd never try to debate or convince a critic. A big part was that the shaky-cam 'found footage' thing was totally new to me in '99, which added a sense of documentary-type realism. Totally clicked for me, especially in this genre (one of my faves), which needed a fresh approach.

The other thing was that, for me, it got closer to recreating the worst kind of nightmare than anything I'd seen before. Literal nightmare, I mean, which can often be more psychologically terrifying than anything you experience in real life. Something evil is after you, but you never really see it.

I sorta get why some hate it, especially if they're only seeing it now for the first time. The style is totally played out, and there isn't a whole lot of "horror" happening on screen; it's all suggested through the horrified reactions of the "crew." Plus, when the haters list the movies that did scare them, I usually hate those. So, again, we're just back to taste.

TL;DR;GFM

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2014, 12:47:48 PM »

yea the FBI and officers and shit were fucking D class actors straight out to film school if that

I was leaning toward the classroom profiling teacher maybe being the killer, their big reveal. The lost sister, the mental breakdown, the extensive methodology knowledge, etc. But they didn't go anywhere with anyone, ended kinda flat.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
I just read that a remake of "IT" is being released in 2015

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: October 31, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »
I've seen this film 10 times at least. Hunting !

But the second film is a turnip  >:(

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: October 31, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
I've seen this film 10 times at least. Hunting !

But the second film is a turnip  >:(

Excellent film. One of the creepiest, best jump scenes in all horror.

And sequels are usually just half-assed money grabs, capitalizing on the original's success. I only do sequels if the original (or equivalent) talent is involved.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
I was leaning toward the classroom profiling teacher maybe being the killer, their big reveal. The lost sister, the mental breakdown, the extensive methodology knowledge, etc. But they didn't go anywhere with anyone, ended kinda flat.

Yeah, no resolution so I guess there will be a Poughkeepsie Tape 2.  I think I'll pass on that one.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »
great movie imo--HOSTEL
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #212 on: October 31, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »
Hostel, Evil Dead (original), Last House on the Left (Original), Invasion of the Body Snatchers ( I think it's the second rendition but could be the first.)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: October 31, 2014, 06:32:49 PM »
Hostel, Evil Dead (original), Last House on the Left (Original), Invasion of the Body Snatchers ( I think it's the second rendition but could be the first.)

oldtimer1 did u like the original invasion of the body snatchers?i remember watching the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD in the drive in,lol,u remember the drive ins where u park your car and roll down your window to hear the little speaker next to your car. i was 3 yrs old watching the night of the living dead in drive in
R

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: November 01, 2014, 01:48:45 AM »
oldtimer1 did u like the original invasion of the body snatchers?i remember watching the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD in the drive in,lol,u remember the drive ins where u park your car and roll down your window to hear the little speaker next to your car. i was 3 yrs old watching the night of the living dead in drive in

Filmed down the street from where I'm presently typing, Sierra Madre, CA. Love this little town, best place I've ever lived.

Pneumothorax

• Getbig II
« Reply #215 on: November 01, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »
Event Horizon was pretty creepy when I saw it again about 2 years ago.  Aged pretty well.
The Shinning obviously.
Paranormal activity was solid.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #216 on: November 01, 2014, 03:51:07 AM »
Once I wrote "I SAW THE DEVIL" in black pen on my hand for a reminder, as i'd seen it recommended as a good movie on the UK board. On my way to a meeting, I noticed it and quickly washed in off in the toilets lol

That is a crazy pyschological movie! Good acting and just brutal

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2014, 04:32:02 AM »
Filmed down the street from where I'm presently typing, Sierra Madre, CA. Love this little town, best place I've ever lived.

cool,when u watch it u prolly see all the stores and everything u see everyday. does the town still look somewhat the same as when they filmed the movie back in the 60,s?
R

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2014, 06:14:33 AM »

I think it's the 1978 version I liked but it's been awhile. I don't remember the original. I went to many a drive in. Remember how many speakers were missing or broken because people forgot they were on their car and drove away? The original Night of The Living Dead still holds up and it's the movie that started this crazy zombie fad.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2014, 07:39:47 AM »
Alien and aliens scared the hell out of me.

Event horizons imagery disturbed me on such a level that illnever watch it again.

Some 90s horropr flick with jlo and vincent d'onofrio (sp) had some creepy moments.

All movies I saw as a child/young adult.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »

Event horizons imagery disturbed me on such a level that illnever watch it again.

Some 90s horropr flick with jlo and vincent d'onofrio (sp) had some creepy moments.

Great movie. It's better with the deleted scenes added.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »

The Cell, incredible imagery. 2000, I think.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
cool,when u watch it u prolly see all the stores and everything u see everyday. does the town still look somewhat the same as when they filmed the movie back in the 60,s?

Very much so, the guy shows it in the vid I posted. Different businesses now, obviously, but same layout and such. Think they call this triangular island Kersting Ct. or Town Square, not sure. Craziest part is the bottom pic (from the movie) was filmed from my buddy's old apartment (or his next door neighbor's).

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:55 AM »
Some might find it a bit boring but I remember liking "The Silent House." Would probably have to watch it again to see how much but kept me entertained. Once again more of an imagination type movie but I thought pretty well done.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2014, 11:16:45 AM »