Author Topic: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old  (Read 22448 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2014, 09:38:26 AM »
Unreal tournament was great.

I remember one of my first jobs was in an office working on a computer.  All of us would play games like these all day.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Ah yes, hunting threads, bringing out all kinds of hypocritical holier than thou types vehemtly attacking others via illogical, emotional outbursts.

Great thread.

FYI, most hunters eat what they kill. I havent hunted since i was a kid, and i only used to hunt ducks and geese with my old man, but we ate everything we shot. People that rail against hunting usually have zero clue what actually happens and zero clue how hypocritical they are.

Carry on.
I fail to see the hypocrisy as one animal is wild and the other was bred in captivity specifically for the purpose of being eaten.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
The issue is when people hunt for fun, not food.
Hunting for food is completely unnecessary given the strength of our breeding programs which are specifically for eating.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »
Hunting for food is completely unnecessary given the strength of our breeding programs which are specifically for eating.

People that hunt boast all day about how they do it for the food, to be a man, to learn about mother nature, etc. its all bullshit. most hunters these days do it to impress their other hunting friends. if they were doing it for the reasons stated above, why post a picture of yourself on fb with the dead animal? Hunters hunt to prove to another hunter who has the biggest dick, via the biggest kill. thousands of years ago people hunted and respected the kill. now its just a bunch of self-righteous idiots who are trying to be badass. yet, they cloak their need to kill behind, "I am learning more about nature."  ::) ::)
X

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »
People that hunt boast all day about how they do it for the food, to be a man, to learn about mother nature, etc. its all bullshit. most hunters these days do it to impress their other hunting friends. if they were doing it for the reasons stated above, why post a picture of yourself on fb with the dead animal? Hunters hunt to prove to another hunter who has the biggest dick, via the biggest kill. thousands of years ago people hunted and respected the kill. now its just a bunch of self-righteous idiots who are trying to be badass. yet, they cloak their need to kill behind, "I am learning more about nature."  ::) ::)
Its a powertrip. Its sad and primtive.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »
Hunting would only be a fair sport if the Deer could fire back.

OR

I came up with these alternatives the other day actually to REALLY make it a sport and a fair one at that.

It should be legal to hunt, however you have to register your name in a database.  The database is then accessible to anyone and allows for you to be shot and hunted at any moment in your life by anyone wanting to hunt you.  That puts you as fair game and allows you to truly get in the sport of things.  That would be fair.

OR

There should be a designated area of land set aside just for hunting, but the rule is anything is allowed to be shot which includes any person.

OR

Hunters have to wear a Deer costume when they go hunting at all times.  

I think that would probably be the fairest way to make hunting a sport.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
I fail to see the hypocrisy as one animal is wild and the other was bred in captivity specifically for the purpose of being eaten.
i wasnt getting specifically into either side or the meat issue, just that these arguments bring out the hypocrisy and emotion driven outbursts.

Thread so far is a great example.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2014, 09:48:54 AM »
Hunters don`t know anything about "mother nature".  Most don`t even believe in evolution.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2014, 09:50:24 AM »

OR

I came up with these alternatives the other day actually to REALLY make it a sport and a fair one at that.

It should be legal to hunt, however you have to register your name in a database.  The database is then accessible to anyone and allows for you to be shot and hunted at any moment in your life by anyone wanting to hunt you.  That puts you as fair game and allows you to truly get in the sport of things.  That would be fair.

OR

There should be a designated area of land set aside just for hunting, but the rule is anything is allowed to be shot which includes any person.

OR

Here is a fun thought experiment I came up with for a class.

Would you think it would be fair to allow an alien species who are as far removed from humans in intelligence and civilizations as we are from other animals like deer to hunt us?
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2014, 09:51:23 AM »

OR

OR

OR

Another alternative is to install motion mounted guns in the hunting grounds that are controlled by computer by anyone wanting to hunt the hunters.  

OR

Deer mounted guns that automatically fire back using Iron Dome technology.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »

Here is a fun thought experiment I came up with for a class.

Would you think it would be fair to allow an alien species who are as far removed from humans in intelligence and civilizations as we are from other animals like deer to hunt us?
Only if we had equal weapons and technology to fight back I suppose.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »
The hypocrisy I see here is, people want to say bodybuilding is not a sport, yet somehow hunting is.  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 10:01:51 AM »
The hypocrisy I see here is, people want to say bodybuilding is not a sport, yet somehow hunting is.  ::)
Funny you brought that up. I remember reading how a lot of the things we do now became "sports" or Olympic sports was because we no longer need to do them anymore and "gentlemen" in the modern world wanted to see who was better at them within their own pool. So, rowing became a sport, horseback riding became a sport, and shooting clays/skeet became a sport. And I guess you add "hunting".
Notice that rowing and horseback ridic are what we used to do for transportation. And now, drive cars and ride boats, and guess what? Those are included as sports---race car drivers and boat racers.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »
Another alternative is to install motion mounted guns in the hunting grounds that are controlled by computer by anyone wanting to hunt the hunters.  

OR

Deer mounted guns that automatically fire back using Iron Dome technology.

Or you could go to the ranch and kill the bull yourself.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2014, 10:07:05 AM »
TA, only one registered troll per thread. You know the rules. Go find your own playground. I am sure that there is someone out there preaching IIFYM.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »
I don't care much for hunting either way (unless it's an illegal hunt or the animal is endangered) but the pictures of these hunters standing proudly next to their kill are embarrassing.
Yeah, shooting an defenceless animal from 100 yards away with a high powered rifle is real tough. ::)

Funny thing is that if you put these guys on a real battlefield against people who fire back, they would shit their pants. :D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »

real men bulldog their steers...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »
I don't care much for hunting either way (unless it's an illegal hunt or the animal is endangered) but the pictures of these hunters standing proudly next to their kill are embarrassing.
Yeah, shooting an defenceless animal from 100 yards away with a high powered rifle is real tough. ::)

Funny thing is that if you put these guys on a real battlefield against people who fire back, they would shit their pants. :D

i think you are confusing "hunters" with "Europeans"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »
I hear this cliche saying all the time (that kids who learn how to hunt are learning how to respect mother nature and all that crap). Show me the evidence of this. Is there any indication that because one learns how to hunt, that one is going to respect mother nature? In fact, I think the opposite would happen. I think man's continued assumption that he can dominate and pillage mother nature and not respect her would be influenced by hunting. Youre teaching a young kid that if he wants anything from nature, he can just take it by force by using a weapon. Is his father really teaching him about the biodiversity of life, the repercussions of certain actions against nature, the cycles of the earth, etc. I doubt it. Not a very egalitarian way to live with nature.  I never learned how to hunt or shoot a gun when I was younger and I still have respect for mother nature (the woods).

As stated above, the whole bullshit statement of, "These fine young boys are learning how to respect mother nature by shooting an innocent dear" (or however you want to phrase it) is so cliche. Its a hunters most famous line when teaching his young son how to kill something.

You realize you can easily bring your child into the woods and have them explore mother nature without killing anything. I knew someone who had his PhD in Ecology. Him and his children used to go into the woods and explore the plants, wildlife, etc. They never killed anything. His kids respect the woods. The father used to teach them all sorts of interesting facts about mother nature. That is how you get someone to respect something else. Not just by blowing away a dear.

My post has little to do with meat eaters or vegans. If someone kills and eats their food I am fine with that. I just hate the bullshit statement (that is almost always used) that this kid is learning respect for mother nature. It seems like many of these little kids who go out and kill stuff have the exact same mentality as their fathers, i.e., pompous, manly, "we are better than everyone" attitude about them. Grrrr, we killed an innocent dear 100 yards away with a rifle. So manly and tough.  :-\ :-\
There is no evidence of this.  There are more hunters around me than probably anywhere in the US.  Right now as I type this, I hear gunfire and it won`t stop until around 9-10 PM.  They all use big trucks and drive on the land to get to their spots so I fail to see how that is doing any good to the terrain.  Also, some use dogs or packs of dogs and the treatment of these dogs is horrendous in my opinion.  They are kept only for that purpose and usually live shitty lives outside.  Lost hunting dogs come on my property all the time with lots of injuries.   Just last week we had two band together that were lost and attack a deer outside my window and try to bring it down because they were hungry.  Sucks, because it was a deer I had been feeding and helping because it was tiny and I am sure that the rest of them were shot and killed.  I usually go out and feed them some Watermelon and they have several places to drink from.  

I don`t blame the dogs though but there are tons of them roaming around and its sad what happens to them.  Last year, I watched one tear apart a cat in two seconds because it was hungry.  If they would respect mother nature, these hunters would not treat these dogs like that.

They are just schmucks with guns in the woods.

Here are some of my deer earlier this month.  One of these was attacked by the dogs.  I think she made it okay because I chased them away, but they had her by the throat and she was hurt.  >:(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »

Why?  Do you not understand the concept of animals being specifically bred for meat versus an animal that is not?  Furthermore, I have always said I would LOVE to have the lab grown meat replace factory farming.  It will definitely happen in the future.  Not only do you get a better product, you are not killing anything.  You can grow as much as you want from a single cell and do not have to house any animals.  You can grow any lean to fat ratio you want.  Its amazing really and the cost savings all around would be tremendous. 

The cattle industry would be out of work though, but that is what happens when technology improves.  I say bring it on.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »
Why?  Do you not understand the concept of animals being specifically bred for meat versus an animal that is not?  Furthermore, I have always said I would LOVE to have the lab grown meat replace factory farming.  It will definitely happen in the future.  Not only do you get a better product, you are not killing anything.  You can grow as much as you want from a single cell and do not have to house any animals.  You can grow any lean to fat ratio you want.  Its amazing really and the cost savings all around would be tremendous. 

The cattle industry would be out of work though, but that is what happens when technology improves.  I say bring it on.

Think of all the land that would be freed up from having fewer cattle.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »
Think of all the land that would be freed up from having fewer cattle.
And the money saved.

50,000 tons of meat grown in vitro can easily be stored in a small corner of a large warehouse.

50,000 tons of meat grown conventionally with animals is going to require a shit ton of space, time and resources to feed the hogs.  One 250 lb hog will only yield around 144 lbs of retail cuts and you are looking at around 300-700 dollars to feed just one hog until slaughter.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »

So I can just say the deer are bread in the wild to be hunted. They are owned  and regulated by the government. You must buy a permit to hunt them from the government. You must report the kill to the government. How is that any different. Just use a play on words so you can go on with your argument. Its the same thing. Its the killing of the animal.

Would you be against cows that were allowed to be free then killed? Or must they be inside a fence for you to eat them before they are shot?

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2014, 10:35:50 AM »
These people are assholes on a professional level, nothing more and nothing less

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2014, 10:36:45 AM »
Bison Hunting.  ::)