Author Topic: I don't care if you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is sexist  (Read 2103 times)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

hahahaha

"This is the sort of casual misogyny that stops women from entering certain scientific fields. They see a guy like that on TV and they don't feel welcome. They see a poster of greased up women in a colleague's office and they know they aren't respected. They hear comments about "bitches" while out at a bar with fellow science students, and they decide to change majors. And those are the women who actually make it that far. Those are the few who persevered even when they were discouraged from pursuing degrees in physics, chemistry, and math throughout high school. These are the women who forged on despite the fact that they were told by elementary school classmates and the media at large that girls who like science are nerdy and unattractive. This is the climate women who dream of working at NASA or the ESA come up against, every single day. This shirt is representative of all of that, whether Taylor meant it to be or not."

Liberals never cease to amaze me. It's all because of sexism and misogyny.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: I don't care if you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is sexist
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »
This is the world we live in, we as men have really done it to ourselves.

Feminism really is one of the contributing factors in the decline of our society.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 04:13:32 AM »
This is the world we live in, we as men have really done it to ourselves.

Feminism really is one of the contributing factors in the decline of our society.
The correlation between feminism's popularity and the Western Worlds decline is nothing short of staggering.
V

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 04:40:56 AM »
http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

hahahaha

"This is the sort of casual misogyny that stops women from entering certain scientific fields. They see a guy like that on TV and they don't feel welcome. They see a poster of greased up women in a colleague's office and they know they aren't respected. They hear comments about "bitches" while out at a bar with fellow science students, and they decide to change majors. And those are the women who actually make it that far. Those are the few who persevered even when they were discouraged from pursuing degrees in physics, chemistry, and math throughout high school. These are the women who forged on despite the fact that they were told by elementary school classmates and the media at large that girls who like science are nerdy and unattractive. This is the climate women who dream of working at NASA or the ESA come up against, every single day. This shirt is representative of all of that, whether Taylor meant it to be or not."

Liberals never cease to amaze me. It's all because of sexism and misogyny.

Conservatives never ceases to amaze me as well. Combining fairy tale religion with politics, thinking anti-science and anti-intellectualism is endearing, and still carrying on about abortions and gay people in year 2014

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »
I'd say it's more than jsut liberals.  We have republican leaders who spend half their day whining about how offended they are.

IMO, it's the whole generation selfie... they're soft, they're self-important, they're entitled and they whine because people that want to bang them will "like" their whining status.

When I was 15, I knew I was insignificant enough that the world didn't give a shit about my "feelings" and that 1700 of my closest buddies didn't want to hear about my breakfast configuration.  

Human beings successfully landed a spacecraft on a comet yesterday, and Kim K's greasy ass was the top story.  WTF?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 12:48:08 AM »
I'd say it's more than jsut liberals.  We have republican leaders who spend half their day whining about how offended they are.

IMO, it's the whole generation selfie... they're soft, they're self-important, they're entitled and they whine because people that want to bang them will "like" their whining status.

When I was 15, I knew I was insignificant enough that the world didn't give a shit about my "feelings" and that 1700 of my closest buddies didn't want to hear about my breakfast configuration.  

Human beings successfully landed a spacecraft on a comet yesterday, and Kim K's greasy ass was the top story.  WTF?

I think the part we all miss is that this guy has done for humanity more than she could do in 10 lifetimes and used his intellect and education that could otherwise earn him millions in finances (salary of someone at his level in hedge fund is like 500k/year at least) to do something extremely significant. 100 years from now hopefully no one will remember some journalist who got insulted by his "sexist" shirt but everyone wll remember this mission and people involved in it. If they will remember the former then it still doesn't matter because it means no one will remember jack shit 200 years from now because we will fucking go extinct.

For all I care guy could praise Adolf Hitler or even Stalin and I wouldn't give a single fuck.