Author Topic: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!  (Read 28500 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: I just figured something out. Took 56 years!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 06:21:43 AM »
Vince,

Just out of curiosity, what makes you an "expert" in the realm of hypertrophy?

What course work did you pursue in order to deem yourself worthy of being called an expert in Hypertrophy?

What peer-reviewed articles have you published that have somehow landed you this classification?

Have you written any chapters in any particular Anatomy & Physiology textbooks surrounding the notion of hypertrophy?

What governmental agencies have deemed you an expert in this?

Because the notion of hypertrophy itself is a very rudimentary term in common Human Physiology. There's no complex science behind what happens in hypertrophy. If it took you 56 years to figure out the basic properties of hypertrophy, I'd say your brain has been suffering from some serious atrophy.

Added stress on an organ or particular muscle, causes said organ or muscle to increase in size to compensate for the added demands. Clearly, every organ & muscle has a cap to the size in which it can grow without the use of endogenous substances (The heart can only experience hypertrophy for so long before it reaches cardiac failure etc.).

"1"
I have nothing against Vince but i would like to know this too. Seriously.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 06:26:30 AM »
I have nothing against Vince but i would like to know this too. Seriously.

If OMR was an expert he wouldn't have to ask those questions. He should do his job and remove defamatory posts instead.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 06:29:28 AM »
If OMR was an expert he wouldn't have to ask those questions. He should do his job and remove defamatory posts instead.
Vince you are OK in my books.. however please explain this theory you have? maybe you have posted it and if so i apologies.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 06:32:29 AM »

So instead of answering the questions posed, you just respond with an insult?

Again, what deems you an expert in the realm of Hypertrophy? You can claim these things, but need to have proof behind these notions.

When someone is deemed an expert, they become an authority in the subject matter. Governmental bodies, medical schools, scientists and other physiology experts would resort to you for guidance regarding this.

What peer-reviewed articles have you published that have deemed you worthy to speak upon these matters?

Who has deemed you an expert? Where did you obtain your PhD on this subject? Where do you teach regarding this subject?

You claim that broscience should be left out of this thread, but nothing you spew differentiates itself from "Broscience".

An expert is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is accorded authority and status by peers or the public in a specific well-distinguished domain. An expert, more generally, is a person with extensive knowledge or ability based on research, experience, or occupation and in a particular area of study. Experts are called in for advice on their respective subject, but they do not always agree on the particulars of a field of study. An expert can be believed, by virtue of credential, training, education, profession, publication or experience, to have special knowledge of a subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially (and legally) rely upon the individual's opinion. Historically, an expert was referred to as a sage (Sophos). The individual was usually a profound thinker distinguished for wisdom and sound judgment.

Help us out here Vince,

"1"

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 06:35:30 AM »
There is a strong correlation between the name vince and lack of bodybuilding knowledge

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 06:37:48 AM »
I see nothing but flotsam and jetsam in this thread. 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 06:40:49 AM »
So instead of answering the questions posed, you just respond with an insult?

Again, what deems you an expert in the realm of Hypertrophy? You can claim these things, but need to have proof behind these notions.

When someone is deemed an expert, they become an authority in the subject matter. Governmental bodies, medical schools, scientists and other physiology experts would resort to you for guidance regarding this.

What peer-reviewed articles have you published that have deemed you worthy to speak upon these matters?

Who has deemed you an expert? Where did you obtain your PhD on this subject? Where do you teach regarding this subject?

You claim that broscience should be left out of this thread, but nothing you spew differentiates itself from "Broscience".

An expert is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or skill whose faculty for judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely is accorded authority and status by peers or the public in a specific well-distinguished domain. An expert, more generally, is a person with extensive knowledge or ability based on research, experience, or occupation and in a particular area of study. Experts are called in for advice on their respective subject, but they do not always agree on the particulars of a field of study. An expert can be believed, by virtue of credential, training, education, profession, publication or experience, to have special knowledge of a subject beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially (and legally) rely upon the individual's opinion. Historically, an expert was referred to as a sage (Sophos). The individual was usually a profound thinker distinguished for wisdom and sound judgment.

Help us out here Vince,

"1"

Vince is an expert secret photographer of kids in swimwear.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 06:43:26 AM »
I see nothing but flotsam and jetsam in this thread. 

Doctor,

Maybe you can help us out here. In your professional opinion, what classifies one as an expert in any field?

For instance, in the realm of medicine, you have a wide variety of medical doctors that each practice their own discipline of medicine (Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Internal Medicine etc.). In the Internal Medicine discipline, you have millions of medical doctors that practice internal medicine, but not all are experts. Even within Internal Medicine, you have those that have risen above the rest to be deemed as "experts". Master Diagnosticians come to mind as experts, the type that Internists resort to when they can't come up with a proper diagnosis, even after beating themselves up over a slew of differential diagnoses. Likewise, when a general surgeon opens up a patient and finds out that they have a major problem in their thoracic cavity that is far beyond their expertise, they will typically refer that patient over to a Cardiothoracic surgeon for their own expertise.

Help us out Doctor, because I think the term "expert" is being passed around way too loosely here...

"1"

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 06:47:45 AM »
"Expert".. i would say most people have "Respect" for a person with knowledge.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
Vince,
Can you give just a brief rundown of what your diet and training looks like?  Calories, macros, training style?  You look great in your avatar pic, when was that taken?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 06:51:08 AM »
Incoherent ramblings of a senile old fool

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 07:00:49 AM »
Vince,
Can you give just a brief rundown of what your diet and training looks like?  Calories, macros, training style?  You look great in your avatar pic, when was that taken?

It was taken with a camera that went bang, if that helps.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 07:04:56 AM »
I was talking to a bloke recently and he just didn't get what I had to say about getting bigger. His experience made him conclude

that he needed anabolic drugs to get bigger arms. No matter what I said he didn't change his beliefs. He needed testosterone. That made me wonder.

I am twice as old as this guy and my adult experience is probably 4 times what he has gone through.

I now believe it takes an expert in hypertrophy to recognize another expert. There you are. No wonder the lads here don't

listen to what I have to say. They disregard my experience and ability to solve problems. They literally have no clue about the science.

By the way, training for bigger size takes a lot of motivation. The kind of dedication that makes one finish an advanced post graduate degree, etc.

As you get bigger it seems to take incrementally more intense workouts. No wonder few overcome this barrier and get huge.

As long as I don't reinjure myself I am on course to exceed my previous largest measured arms. That was in 1999 and 18 in cold.

Previous to that I reached 18 3/4 pumped arms back in 1975.

Disbelievers, scoffers, and broscience authorities need not contaminate this thread with negativity.

I'm not entirely convinced this is anything other than trolling because nobody could be that fucking delusional to write such a delicious opening salvo of pure bait.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 07:23:05 AM »
Ah, how refreshing to hear the advice of a genuine authority in life. There is nothing important in life except trying to stay alive.

So building arms will do just fine to pass the time.

I hear ya Vince and sadly the following timeless phrase is true:

You can't be an old head , on young shoulders.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 07:39:29 AM »
You complain that you're not listened to, sing your own praises about your knowledge,  yet when I ask what you think you did wrong you ignore it?

By the way, the last time I measured my arms they outsized your best ever, with just a pumped bi and veins in my tris. So in your eyes I should be somebody who will listen.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »
You complain that you're not listened to, sing your own praises about your knowledge,  yet when I ask what you think you did wrong you ignore it?

By the way, the last time I measured my arms they outsized your best ever, with just a pumped bi and veins in my tris. So in your eyes I should be somebody who will listen.
Vince is a bullshit artist. He likes complaining and talking bullshit

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:26 AM »
It was taken with a camera that went bang, if that helps.
And then a puff of smoke...lol

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »
He did build a time machine though,  so props for that.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:48 AM »
Vince is an expert secret photographer of kids in swimwear.
yep he likes little junior

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »
He did build a time machine though,  so props for that.

So he could travel back in time to show his dad how it feels to be molested by a 60 year old.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:41 AM »
So he could travel back in time to show his dad how it feels to be molested by a 60 year old.
Hahahahaha!

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:43 AM »
Vince, just buy some dbol and forget that nonsense.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »

your protocol is to ignore pain and keep training.

Vince don't you have a torn bicep?

Is this the huge breakthrough?!?
"

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2014, 07:47:17 AM »

;D ;D ;D

And give Arnold these secrets to massive arms.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
Personally I would think someone who calls himself an Aussie would conduct himself better than Vince has in this thread.

We hold to high academic standards around these parts.