Author Topic: "He was a good kid", When does the general public begin to push back?  (Read 18800 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: "He was a good kid", When does the general public begin to push back?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »
::) From the article you posted:

"You have to wonder, what would be the purpose to throw his life away?" Nevels said,
would you describe someone who just commited a home invasion as a "good kid"?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »
would you describe someone who just commited a home invasion as a "good kid"?

The very clear point the coach made was that the home invasion was at odds with the young man he knew. He neither glossed over it or tried to excuse. The headline of the article YOU linked to is about how people can't figure out the kid's motives.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »
The libtards in this thread trying their hardest to defend the criminals, as usual  ::)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »
i would settle for the general public yourself included condemning the person who lies and says they were a "good kid" especially in the case of their parents.

Every time some kid commits some stupid act and dies there is always somebody that comes out and says they were a "good kid". In the vast majority of those cases especially the slew that have been given attention recently it is obviously a big fat lie.

Antonio Martin wasnt a good kid
Mike Brown wasnt a good kid
Trayvon Martin wasnt a good kid

You want people to say he was a bad kid, or say nothing at all. Right?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
Are you guys seriously trying to suggest that in all of these cases, there wasnt a constant attempt by the media to depict the thugs as sweet, gentile, innocent children? While completely whitewashing and ignoring the fact that they were all grown men with criminal records who in almost every case died while in the very act of commiting crimes and fighting cops??

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »
Are you guys seriously trying to suggest that in all of these cases, there wasnt a constant attempt by the media to depict the thugs as sweet, gentile, innocent children? While completely whitewashing and ignoring the fact that they were all grown men with criminal records who in almost every case died while in the very act of commiting crimes and fighting cops??

So you're saying the media is behind it.

I'll be damned. You think?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 01:42:47 PM »
They are driving certain narratives, yes. Truth and facts are irrelevent to them for the most part. And this all that 90% of the public is exposed to

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
Antonio Martin wasnt a good kid
Mike Brown wasnt a good kid
Trayvon Martin wasnt a good kid

zimmerman was a liar who fudged details repeatedly - his own lawyer admitted it.
Officer Wilson turned 150 feet into "10 or 20" feet whn estimating how far he traveled to shoot someone.
Latest shooter in MO "forgot" to turn on his body camera when interrogating youths in a parking lot for a crime while on duty.

Sorry, but if these dickwads followed procedure, people would TRUST LAW ENFORCEMENT, and they would HELP them more.

one SW FL department has a terrible rep after a few of their officer broke a kid's leg for sleeping in a truck - they beat him twice, once breaking femur in 6 places, once punches in car, all on video while cop tried to take cameras - They've been turning around with community outreach.  Buying presents, holding town halls, meeting community for breakfast, etc.  That's great.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
They are driving certain narratives, yes. Truth and facts are irrelevent to them for the most part. And this all that 90% of the public is exposed to

I get very pissed at cops that don't worry about "truth and facts" either.  

Officer Wilson claimed he was attacked, truth.  He shot in fear for his life, truth.  His radio "malfunctioned" after working seconds earlier, eh, tough to believe that's why he didn't call in the shooting.  Then "i got out of car and traveled 10 to 20 feet and fired upon Brown for fear of my life" - well, that was 150 feet, and brown was 172 feet away from his car.  

See, that makes it way different than part of an initial life-threatening attack.   That's an attack, a foot chase spanning over half a football field, then a decision to shoot a bleeding unarmed man at 22 feet away.  I'm okay if the cop needs to shoot an unarmed bleeding man at 22 feet, but the cop should JUST SAY THAT.   Don't say you limped 10-20 feet out of car and fired cause you were scared.

Rather, tell the court that you ran 150 feet with your gun in hand, and you failed to call in the shooting.   Then you saw the man, exchanged words, and decided at 22 feet that lethal force was your only option, and you did it. OWN THAT SHIT.  Don't turn into someone that can't tell ten feet from half a football field - to me, that discredits a lot of his story.  And the radio worked fine when he arrived at that stop, but it suddenly didn't work, and he didn't use his body radio, after firing his weapon?  Blame that on "I didn't think of it" or "I didn't have time", don't bullshit that you did call it in, but your radio must have failed.

Fuck lying cops & anyone that defends a lying cop.

100% respect to honest cops - I support them and admire them as the heroes they certainly are.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »

OMG Are you serious? No one would stoop that low, no matter how much influence could be had.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 03:21:40 PM »
I get very pissed at cops that don't worry about "truth and facts" either.  

Officer Wilson claimed he was attacked, truth.  He shot in fear for his life, truth.  His radio "malfunctioned" after working seconds earlier, eh, tough to believe that's why he didn't call in the shooting.  Then "i got out of car and traveled 10 to 20 feet and fired upon Brown for fear of my life" - well, that was 150 feet, and brown was 172 feet away from his car.  

See, that makes it way different than part of an initial life-threatening attack.   That's an attack, a foot chase spanning over half a football field, then a decision to shoot a bleeding unarmed man at 22 feet away.  I'm okay if the cop needs to shoot an unarmed bleeding man at 22 feet, but the cop should JUST SAY THAT.   Don't say you limped 10-20 feet out of car and fired cause you were scared.

Rather, tell the court that you ran 150 feet with your gun in hand, and you failed to call in the shooting.   Then you saw the man, exchanged words, and decided at 22 feet that lethal force was your only option, and you did it. OWN THAT SHIT.  Don't turn into someone that can't tell ten feet from half a football field - to me, that discredits a lot of his story.  And the radio worked fine when he arrived at that stop, but it suddenly didn't work, and he didn't use his body radio, after firing his weapon?  Blame that on "I didn't think of it" or "I didn't have time", don't bullshit that you did call it in, but your radio must have failed.

Fuck lying cops & anyone that defends a lying cop.

100% respect to honest cops - I support them and admire them as the heroes they certainly are.

link where he said he only went 20 feet

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
link where he said he only went 20 feet

There are inconsistencies in Wilson's story. He estimates that Brown ran 20-30 feet away from the car and then charged another 10 feet back towards Wilson. But we know Brown died 150 feet away from the car.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

Blood spatter was 153+25 feet from the car door.
That's 178 feet from the vehicle.

Evidence presented to the grand jury showed that the shooting scene extended approximately 184 feet.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »
you dont think their final act which led to their death is being ignored jack?

you think that the coach took into account that this kid just commited a home invasion when he said "he was a good kid"?

seriously you think the mother of the kid who pulled a gun on the cop and got shot took that into account when she said he was a "good kid"?

you think mike browns parents took into account the fact he had just robbed a store and fought with a police officer into account when they said he was a "good kid"?

how about trayvon martins parents, did they take into account the drugs, guns and theft when they said he was a "good kid"?

its obvious to anyone who looks at these people that they werent "good kids".

why ignore facts a best and outright lie at worst?

All mothers see their kids as "good kids".

Pretty simple that.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »
There are inconsistencies in Wilson's story. He estimates that Brown ran 20-30 feet away from the car and then charged another 10 feet back towards Wilson. But we know Brown died 150 feet away from the car.

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

Blood spatter was 153+25 feet from the car door.
That's 178 feet from the vehicle.

Evidence presented to the grand jury showed that the shooting scene extended approximately 184 feet.

vox,is this what your using as your facts finding site lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »
vox,is this what your using as your facts finding site lol

that's why I put wiki too.

In this statement, he said 35 feet:
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/11/20/everything-know-shooting-michael-brown-darren-wilson/

he said 30 feet in the ABC interview.

In his state testimony, Darrin Wilson Testified that Mike Brown ran "maybe 20-30 feet" before turning and charging him.

All of those "guesstimates are very much different from the 150+ feet that it actually happened.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 05:18:51 PM »
Brown was nothing but a criminal thug pos - good riddance thuggie

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 05:22:24 PM »
that's why I put wiki too.

In this statement, he said 35 feet:
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/11/20/everything-know-shooting-michael-brown-darren-wilson/

he said 30 feet in the ABC interview.

In his state testimony, Darrin Wilson Testified that Mike Brown ran "maybe 20-30 feet" before turning and charging him.

All of those "guesstimates are very much different from the 150+ feet that it actually happened.

no where in his testimony does he say how far he ran

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
All mothers see their kids as "good kids".

Pretty simple that.
no, I would agree that the majority of mothers want to believe their kids are good. Good parents are able to take a step back and see reality and the reality is the recent events that have gotten attention involve kids that were not good.

Even if your assertion is true, isnt it societys responsibility to correct them? Wouldnt the community be a better place if they understood that they actually werent good kids and tried to keep the other kids from going down the same road?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »
You want people to say he was a bad kid, or say nothing at all. Right?
I rather people condemn the parents for believing they raised a "good kid" when all the evidence points to the contrary. How about an acknowledgement that the actions of these people are not that of someone who would be described as a "good kid"

Nothing is to be gained by looking back at a shit heads troubled life and saying they were a "good person". On the other hand if we explain why they werent good people then maybe other potential shit heads will wise up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
no where in his testimony does he say how far he ran

Police lied for 108 days about the distance:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/11/26/1347499/-Why-exactly-did-the-police-lie-for-108-days-about-how-far-Mike-Brown-ran-from-Darren-Wilson

Here you will see multiple police sources saying, 2 days after the shooting, that brown's body was 35 feet from the car, not the 153 feet, 9 inches or so that it was shown to be.

MAJOR lie from police, and one that media and protesters gripped onto in a MAJOR way - and rightfully so.  You don't just fudge facts like that, particularly when you are the police and it's not exactly a rounding error.

HERE you can hear Wilson in his OWN WORDS claim it was 35 feet away - continuing the obvious lie:

And here you can see the actual distance, measured with pictures and video.   There is no confusion here - police and Wilson, both LYING about the distance by a huge margin.  WHY?   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »
he didn't say 40 feet the interviewer did but really they can't judge distance does it change what happened ,no.your always looking for some stupid motive. makes you look like an idiot

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 06:19:31 PM »
he didn't say 40 feet the interviewer did but really they can't judge distance does it change what happened ,no.your always looking for some stupid motive. makes you look like an idiot

It's a HUGE discrepancy.  And it's not a mistake, it's an intentional (both sides made the huge miscalculation) move to minimize the distance so the shooting is about the car incident.   In reality, the shooting itself, half a football field away, was simply a cop making a decision to use lethal force on a charging wounded man.  That's fine, but he shouldn't depend on an earlier incident at the car, and claim "self defense" for what happened after a foot chase.  

I cannot wound a guy in a fight in my living room, chase him 150 feet down the street, and shoot him - then claim it was self defense related to the shit that happened in my living room.  See, the chase showed I had recovered with enough ability to run 150 feet.   Me NOT calling 911 after the shooting, that shows something too ( just as wilson didn't call in the shooting).

Then if I tried lying to the cops, saying it happened 35 feet away on my sidewalk, a continuation of the fight... instead of saying "yeah, the fight was over, he was running away, but I caught his ass and finished defending myself..."  LOL... I'd be in jail, and rightfully so.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »
From 911 CT to Brown CT

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2014, 08:59:09 PM »
It's a HUGE discrepancy.  And it's not a mistake, it's an intentional (both sides made the huge miscalculation) move to minimize the distance so the shooting is about the car incident.   In reality, the shooting itself, half a football field away, was simply a cop making a decision to use lethal force on a charging wounded man.  That's fine, but he shouldn't depend on an earlier incident at the car, and claim "self defense" for what happened after a foot chase.  

I cannot wound a guy in a fight in my living room, chase him 150 feet down the street, and shoot him - then claim it was self defense related to the shit that happened in my living room.  See, the chase showed I had recovered with enough ability to run 150 feet.   Me NOT calling 911 after the shooting, that shows something too ( just as wilson didn't call in the shooting).

Then if I tried lying to the cops, saying it happened 35 feet away on my sidewalk, a continuation of the fight... instead of saying "yeah, the fight was over, he was running away, but I caught his ass and finished defending myself..."  LOL... I'd be in jail, and rightfully so.

for one think your not a cop so there is a difference,your not this dumb,or are you.not everything is a conspiracy lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V