Author Topic: Effective Glute Training for lack of male glutes?  (Read 11773 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Effective Glute Training for lack of male glutes?
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 05:50:26 AM »
I'm a white man, but I have a neeguls butt.
My leg session yesterday was - 8 sets of deep squats, from 285lb to 420 and then down to 225, last few sets for as much as I can do. Leg extensions supersetted with a chair on a rollers kind of machine leg press and kickback machine for dat ass.

Don't ask me to post the pic, it's too good to be seen without paying. No homoz.

LOL, too good to be seen without paying  ;D

My sister once looked at an old black and white pic of me lined up for the finals of the indoor 60 yd dash.
It was me and 5 black guys.
She said; " If you cut off the heads, you'd never know  a white guy was running in this picture."

Even black guys would say, I was built like a "brother" with bigger calves .
I never thought it was a bad thing.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 06:48:24 AM »
LOL, too good to be seen without paying  ;D

My sister once looked at an old black and white pic of me lined up for the finals of the indoor 60 yd dash.
It was me and 5 black guys.
She said; " If you cut off the heads, you'd never know  a white guy was running in this picture."

Even black guys would say, I was built like a "brother" with bigger calves .
I never thought it was a bad thing.

These squats does pay off for sure. Only issue is - most of my pants that I wear more often become kind of loose at the ass, it stretehces them a lot over time, while sitting, climbing stairs, etc...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 08:09:45 AM »
It's genetics, like calves. If all the heavy ass deadlifts and squats I've done have not built me an ass, it's genetic. Fuck lunges and unilateral leg step up training, burns the cns way to hard.

But now you have a perfect excuse to work in on the bum machine with that dude you've been seeking to break the ice with!
?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 03:25:45 PM »
I'm a white man, but I have a neeguls butt.
My leg session yesterday was - 8 sets of deep squats, from 285lb to 420 and then down to 225, last few sets for as much as I can do. Leg extensions supersetted with a chair on a rollers kind of machine leg press and kickback machine for dat ass.

Don't ask me to post the pic, it's too good to be seen without paying. No homoz.

Post a picture or it's BS.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 03:33:56 PM »
The absolute #1 glute builder without a doubt is high incline leg presses.   Key to making them glute exercises is to keep the legs as high up and wide on the leg press platform as possible.  About a third of your shoes need to be hanging over the edge of the platform.   This will put tremendous stress on the glutes and hamstrings.   I learned about this exercise from an old Greg Zulak article in Musclemag in the 80's when I was trying to build up my hamstrings.  My hamstrings and glutes improved night and day after doing this.   Do not go too heavy or you will hurt your lower back.  Moderate weight, 8-10 reps.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 03:59:26 PM »
The absolute #1 glute builder without a doubt is high incline leg presses.   Key to making them glute exercises is to keep the legs as high up and wide on the leg press platform as possible.  About a third of your shoes need to be hanging over the edge of the platform.   This will put tremendous stress on the glutes and hamstrings.   I learned about this exercise from an old Greg Zulak article in Musclemag in the 80's when I was trying to build up my hamstrings.  My hamstrings and glutes improved night and day after doing this.   Do not go too heavy or you will hurt your lower back.  Moderate weight, 8-10 reps.

Great tip and I used  to do those after reading that article in MMI by him.
I now do 1 leg step up holding a DB on a high bench.
I can't take the stretch and stress  on my low back now with the high position leg press

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 01:22:10 AM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2015, 10:20:33 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2015, 11:34:19 AM »
Ben Pakulski working deadlifts with bands:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=974637812547699&theater

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 12:24:59 AM »

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 01:15:20 PM »
I am definitely not activating my glutes i have noticed. Those pull thoughs are great for this! Can someone link a youtube on the RiGhT form for them?

bbrower

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 01:43:50 PM »
Jefferson squat Kai's favorite

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 01:51:00 PM »
I am definitely not activating my glutes i have noticed. Those pull thoughs are great for this! Can someone link a youtube on the RiGhT form for them?

This guy was the guy who trained me:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 03:23:13 AM »
This guy was the guy who trained me:

That's an interesting exercise. There's prob much less stress on your spine, compared with a stiff leg dead.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 03:26:43 AM »
That's an interesting exercise. There's prob much less stress on your spine, compared with a stiff leg dead.

Also requires a lot less hip mobility.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:08 AM »

I will try this one

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »

Looks stupid as hell tho' lol. Saw an old lady doing that once, it was like some kind of air humping/grinding her butt on a dick.

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
hyper extensions

stiff legg deads

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
[/quote

Actually, being of relatively flat butt, I am anxious to give this a try. There's nothing like having a cushion to sit on when going to the movies.  ;D

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 11:26:25 PM »
Training the glutes is fucking gay and started from dirty fag judges wanting to see bodybuilders hiking up the trunks and showing off ass development.
Plus in jeans you would look like you have Down's syndrome waddling around with a fat looking arse, I thought the idea was to build the quads and hams not the ass.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »
Whole lotta broscience ITT.

I am surprised that Coach hasn't chimed in because this is his area.

FWIW, there is an actual term called "gluteal anmesia" where the glutes essentially atrophy because the body compensates with other muscles to achieve roughly the same goal.

Two words: hip hinge.

You'll need to start working that pattern: hip hinge pull throughs, kettle bell swings, GHR, glute bridges. Anything that programs the hip hinge pattern.

If you don't have a strong hip hinge, back squats are an accident waiting to happen in your lower back. Your squat progression should be something like: goblet squats->front squats->back squats to a box->back squats.

Anyway, like I said, this is Coach's bread and butter. Some folks (like me) squatted for years without a strong hip-hinge due to anterior pelvic tilt. It has taken me years to come close to having a real hip hinge and my ass certainly looks rounder (says my wife, with appreciation). I still don't back squat.

Get a real trainer to work with you.

My ass was huge when I was low bar squatting but my legs shrunk ... it took me a few months to delearn hip hinging while squatting to get my legs back on point

RDL and one leg kickbacks on the hammer leg press are my go tos for juicy man ass

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2015, 05:18:08 AM »
Actually, being of relatively flat butt, I am anxious to give this a try. There's nothing like having a cushion to sit on when going to the movies.  ;D

I've tried it yesterday. Didn't felt the glutes that much, but it gave some 'pops' in the hips. I will try it another time before I perform squats. Will it improve my hip flexibility during that movement? We'll see..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2015, 05:39:57 AM »
Great tip and I used  to do those after reading that article in MMI by him.
I now do 1 leg step up holding a DB on a high bench.
I can't take the stretch and stress  on my low back now with the high position leg press
I agree... and step ups are great. I am lucky i suppose in that i have always had firm glutes and heavy thighs. As a kid i hated it as i am only 5,7. Even now i donīt need massive weights to keep my Buns... ;D I also find the Cross trainer good for your Buns.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2015, 05:50:31 AM »
butt-lifting underwear