Author Topic: I discovered something re hypertrophy yesterday and today.  (Read 43626 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: I discovered something re hypertrophy yesterday and today.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 10:05:55 PM »
Ok, smartass, what you have invented? I have built a whole gym of original equipment.

I actually have two that are being searched awaiting pending. Nothing training related.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
I actually have two that are being searched awaiting pending. Nothing training related.

If I had to redo the patent thing I wouldn't apply for a patent. I would build the device or whatever then not display it and if good sell the design and let them patent it.

Costs a fortune to patent and then there are expensive renewal fees. Let someone else pay for these while you collect a royalty.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »
time under tension, and also i doubt you are curling loads as heavy as a wardrobe.  kind of the same "new soreness" when you try a new routine. different stress

Well, the point is I was hardly doing a curl. Just putting tension in a stretched position and still got the muscles sore. My biceps have been sore less than 10 times

in over 57 years of training.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 10:29:14 PM »
Old fart "forgot" to confront mighty Arnie at AU Arnold Classic ,  ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 02:22:55 AM »
If I had to redo the patent thing I wouldn't apply for a patent. I would build the device or whatever then not display it and if good sell the design and let them patent it.

Costs a fortune to patent and then there are expensive renewal fees. Let someone else pay for these while you collect a royalty.

What a bullshit, hey Vincenza very soon you'll be on NSW Restricted DL  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 02:43:34 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »
Basile, Thai basile, or sweet basile, is a common name for the Australian hypertrophy expert Vince Basile (UK /ˈbæzəle/;[1] US /ˈbeɪzəle/[2]) of the family schmoe-tus maximus, sometimes known as Saint Basile in some English-speaking countries.

Basile is possibly native to India,[3] and has been dropping loads there several times,[4] It was thoroughly familiar to Greek authors Theophrastus[5] and Dioscorides. Basile may taste somewhat like anise, with a strong, pungent, often sweet smell.

There are many varieties of basilecum, as well as several related species or species hybrids also called basile.

His most famous achievement is the human exo-skeleton, aka. the biceps suspinator, making any man into a veritable weight lifting terminator.

Warning to the readers:
It is, as noted by several social scientists, not wise to mention blue stars or Melvin Goodrum in Basile's company, as a raging erection and / or significant rage might occur.

io856

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 09:46:39 AM »
You didn't discover anything

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
Vince is in his 70's, looks horrible, and is still chasing hypertrophy lol.  Don't senior citizens have better things to do with their time?

Exactly. The guy is an OAP and is still concerned about adding an inch to his arms. :-\

Dude's gone totally senile and should be taken into care.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »
Getting them into my ute was the easy part.

io856

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 10:25:09 AM »
Lee Priest tore his bicep lifting his Mom's TV...

mdef48

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
What you discovered was something entirely different than what you think you discovered.

Muscles adapt to any given exercise.

Bodybuilders and weight trainers usually do the same exercises or similar exercises over and over again with minor variations.

This is why when you introduce a radically new exercise to your routine for a muscle you will usually get DOMS.

By you moving the stuff all that happened was that your muscle/biceps etc were experiencing a new movement they hadn't done or been used to for a while and got shocked creating DOMS.

If you keep moving your furniture around same way over and over again after few times you won't get DOMS no more.

It's all about adaptation, what your body is great at and is a survival mechanism.

The key is to confuse the muscle by constantly changing movements forcing the muscle into new adaptation.

Of course none of this matters once you have reached your natural genetic limit other than steroid use etc and that will only take you so far too.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2015, 11:06:37 AM »
We all assume that putting mechanical tension on a muscle if done intensely enough and for long enough will cause hypertrophy. The next day that muscle is usually quite sore which indicates damage and hence possible growth.

Yesterday I had to shift two heavy wardrobes. Getting them into my ute was the easy part. Delivering them to my daughter's pad was a challenge. It was a long walk and the tension from the stretch was severe.

We did two trips and at the end it felt like a biceps workout. Today my biceps are quite sore. I had an arm workout three days ago so this must have been more intense.

It appears that it doesn't matter how we put mechanical tension on a muscle whether stretching or doing training. Of course, I remember the studies done on the chickens where a weight was attached to one wing.

The load was increased over a time and the hypertrophy in the weighted wing was impressive. Well, the only thing is stretching a muscle isn't exactly pleasant or fun. But I suppose if you held the weight in a stretched

position in curls, for example, that would help increase the amount of mechanical tension.

if Goodrum puts his erect phallus deep in your mouth, thereby pressing you down against the bed, does that prove that you have discovered gravity?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
Overcomplicating relative nonsense. Ain't a perfect science: Train intensely and consistently. Eat right. Genetics and drugs determine the rest, plenty of real-life examples proving this, year after year.

Join the fucking Elk's Lodge already.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2015, 12:20:52 PM »
time under tension, and also i doubt you are curling loads as heavy as a wardrobe.  kind of the same "new soreness" when you try a new routine. different stress

^this.

no new groundbreaking discovery. doesnt even mean that it was more intense than your training session.

if you are such a guru, you should know this from physiology 101 in the first year of college.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
Exactly. The guy is an OAP and is still concerned about adding an inch to his arms. :-\

Dude's gone totally senile and should be taken into care.

The need for Vince to try and feel relevant and important is astounding. The sad thing is that when he dies, no one will ever remember these crazy ramblings. They will have no impact on the fitness world in any manner.
X

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »
Ok, smartass, what you have invented? I have built a whole gym of original equipment.
^^
Can we see a photo of you working out at each of these unique machines/equipment??

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »
The snakes name in the movie A Clockwork Orange was BASILE...Alex's favorite piece of music was Ludwig van Beethoven's 9th Symphony...But make no mistake. It's not like BASILE is going to re-create Beethoven's 9th :-\

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
^^
Can we see a photo of you working out at each of these unique machines/equipment??

some of Vince's machines are x-rated, such as the Sydney Double Fist. You might want to reconsider asking for pictures of such devices.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2015, 02:50:33 PM »
lmao...I've never seen this one...

I made that photoshop and I am quite happy with how it turned out.  :)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »
Next time I'm at McDonald's I'll order a Mech Basile.
Also if soreness is a good sign then the famous getbig line - "you won't recover" is actually a slogan worth covering some pricey equipment.

Love to make fun of Vince, but I kinda like him.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »
Nice photo of Arnold in todays Manly Daily ,  ;D ;D ;D
Vince must be fuming  ;D