Author Topic: White cop guns down black man on video. Charged with murder! Live on CNN  (Read 80635 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: White cop guns down black man on video. Charged with murder! Live on CNN
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2015, 06:48:43 AM »
Of course the availability does have an influence and might even be the most important factor depending on what we're talking about. But if you'd get a 5 year prison sentence for owning a single tablet of XTC I'm sure it would change things a bit ... and drugs and guns is a bit different anyway.

Why do you think there are so few guns in Germany if it's not the law? I can tell you that the availability is there just as there are tons of people who would love to have one .. I have to admit that I'm an absolute gun freak and I can assure you that the only reason why I don't own a basement full of guns is the law. If the law however was the same as for possession of drugs I would certainly go ahead and buy some guns...

I know that even in countries were you potentially face the death penalty for even personal use of drugs there is still more drug abuse going on there than you'd might expect but I think when it comes to drugs most people can't act rational. A smack junkie would do a lot to get his gear, you can't compare that to the wish to own a firearm.

It's difficult to make a fair comparison between two countries. The ethnic make up and culture of the two countries are quite different. America is far more diverse both in ethnicity and culture. When one speaks of a German one has a pretty fair idea of what a German is. What is an American? You go to Venice, CA and then go to Arkansas and you might as be on a different planet. Hell, in America you can't even compare two cities let alone two States. For instance in Cali you can live in Rancho Palos Verdes, upper class city, and then drive six miles and be in Compton -- a totally different world.

You can pass all the laws you want but they don't not apply to criminals. Criminals by definition operate outside of the law

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2015, 12:56:55 PM »
You can pass all the laws you want but they don't not apply to criminals. Criminals by definition operate outside of the law

Sure but criminals still consider the potential consequences every time they break the law and most criminals in Germany made the decision
that it's not worth breaking the law to own a gun because the risk is just too damn high and if caught you will end up in jail for several years.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »
Sure but criminals still consider the potential consequences every time they break the law and most criminals in Germany made the decision
that it's not worth breaking the law to own a gun because the risk is just too damn high and if caught you will end up in jail for several years.

Now we are talking a matter of degrees. Of course laws, consequences and punishment deters undesirable behavior. But not for everyone. Harden criminals are a very small proportion of the population but they make a disproportional impact.

You can completely ban gun ownership, like they do in Mexico. In fact, you can shut down all gun companies in the country. In "double" fact, you can ban all guns in the world. But it's still not going to stop the availability of guns.

There is something about this world that people are just not willing to accept. The "cosmic" battle between good and evil is never going to end. There will always be a perpetual state of conflict. There is no solution per se other than to allow the good guys to defend, protect and fight the bad guys. The way you stop a person with a gun is another person with a gun. It's already been shown that States that allow concealed carry have less gun crimes than States that don't. What house are you going to break into? A house that has a sign: "Ban Guns" or a house that has a sign: "Protected by Smith and Wesson". That why schools, a designated "gun free" zone is a better target than,  say, a police station.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »

Man I wish that were true..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »

Breaking on Lawrence - Robert Bates - the pay to play killer 'deputy'

did not receive the required training.
Three supervisors were required to falsify his training record and were transferred after refusing to do so

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #605 on: April 16, 2015, 08:43:52 AM »
Breaking on Lawrence - Robert Bates - the pay to play killer 'deputy'

did not receive the required training.
Three supervisors were required to falsify his training record and were transferred after refusing to do so

Deceased felon's family just hit the jackpot, courtesy inept and incompetent resereve officer and good ol boy department. Oh, and the taxpayers..