Author Topic: Baltimore Riots - Discussion  (Read 64489 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Baltimore Riots - Discussion
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:15:58 PM »
Rioters throwing rocks, bricks, etc. at cops. Of course, expected. Did anyone see this, though: COPS THREW SOME BACK!

Huh?

Saw it live, no video yet.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Bloods and Crips Join Together to Fight Police Brutality in Baltimore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
http://www.alternet.org/longtime-enemies-bloods-and-crips-join-together-fight-police-brutality-baltimore

Longtime Enemies Bloods and Crips Join Together to Fight Police Brutality in Baltimore Faced with a common enemy, the two opposing gangs are actually working together

Long known for their deep animosity towards each other, the opposing Bloods and Crips gangs joined forces in Baltimore Saturday to take on what many would say is a common foe to all black people: police brutality.

The rival gangs agreed to call a truce and march together in response to the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray in police custody. He suffered deadly injuries (including a severed spine) during his April 12 arrest and died as a result of them a week later.

“I can say with honesty those brothers demonstrated they can be united for a common good,” Carlos Muhammad, a minister at Nation of Islam’s Mosque No. 6, told The Daily Beast. “At the rally, they made the call that they must be united on that day. It should be commended.”

DeRay McKesson, an organizer who has been especially visible in Ferguson, Mo., where Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed 18-year-old-year Michael Brown, was also in Baltimore to see the two gangs join forces.

“The fight against police brutality has united people in many ways that we have not seen regularly, and that’s really powerful,” McKesson told The Daily Beast. “The reality is, police have been terrorizing black people as far back as we can remember. It will take all of us coming together to change a corrupt system.”

Baltimore, at least for the moment, is the most potent Ground Zero city in the U.S. for activists fighting police brutality. More than 1,200 people filled the streets of downtown Baltimore Saturday and protested peacefully until the things turned more contentious and the day ended with 31 arrests, according to the Baltimore Sun. Friday, officials admitted that Gray should have received medical attention after his arrest. His funeral is today.

What makes this story so incredible is that it was the people who are closest to the issue of police brutality who empowered themselves to solve their own issues. The call for unity, even among rival gangs, was a moment in which one could really appreciate the power of community-based conflict resolution.

The Black Lives Matter Movement is teaching America is that black Americans are forming partnerships with anyone who is ready to fight police brutality--that includes the Crips and the Bloods.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:21:36 PM »
Your pockets, run them -

[ Invalid YouTube link ].

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/disturbreality/videos/984022158308528/

Just an excuse to loot

im all against pig beatings , but these fucking animals need to be beaten with a whip

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Bloods and Crips Join Together to Fight Police Brutality in Baltimore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
Something I had envisioned---at least some good has come of this event.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 01:24:52 PM »
From the Mayor:

What no one expected is what Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake admitted in a press conference on Sunday: that she asked the Baltimore Police Department to “give those who wished to destroy space to do that.”
X

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
FUCK!

I am heading to Boston / Baltimore in June for a Orioles game

hope this fucking shit dies down before my trip

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
Baltimore really is the craziest rioting we've had in a while, I think it will out pace Missouri. The Balto rioters seem way more willing to go at it with the cops.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 01:31:33 PM »
There needs to a simultaneous march about "thug" behavior in places like NYC subway, public parks, fast food restaurants, school campuses.  Society is the one out of control NOT the police in most cases.  I guarantee if white people were getting shot/beaten more often in the places I just listed there would be marches about lack of police protection.  I've posted this before but I think if Bernie Getz would have ever ran for governor of NY he would have won by a landslide.  
I

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »

Every single one of those bloods and crips should be thrown in prison. Too bad they cant be arrested without provocation.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »
From the Mayor:

What no one expected is what Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake admitted in a press conference on Sunday: that she asked the Baltimore Police Department to “give those who wished to destroy space to do that.”

Yes, heard it earlier. If only she were thoughtful enough to give the looters store keys as well, avoid the troublesome window-breaking and all.

But I expect all this, nothing to see here. All fucking opportunistic animals, napalm 'em for all I care. BUT DID ANYONE SEE COPS RETURNING ROCKS AND/OR BRICKS TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNERS? Because this would be odd as fuck, right?

Only reason I posted this.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 01:37:55 PM »
FUCK!

I am heading to Boston / Baltimore in June for a Orioles game

hope this fucking shit dies down before my trip

Didn't a bunch of fans get beaten after an Orioles game? Have fun, stud

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »
From the Mayor:

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »
Gotta admit, nice they can finally squash their beef for a good cause. Crazy fucking world - we might just be every bit as bad as the Euros say.

("We" meaning they, of course. "They" being obvious.)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 01:42:59 PM »
Oh brother, now gang members are liberal beta twinks.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 01:46:40 PM »
Blacks window is closing fast.  1 more year and Obama is gone and the white leadership will go on without caring about them.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 01:49:32 PM »

X2

It would be something else if this event caused a social movement that leads to the betterment of the community.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
So wish they'd just eliminate police from these crime-free Utopias. Fix the problem once and for all.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »

It's the same "good" that comes every time they're incarcerated. Race up for the stay; it's ultimately meaningless. Start targeting each other same day they're released.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »
Sounds like season 6 of THE WIRE is just writing itself :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
Martial law coming soon to a city near you

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »
Sounds like season 6 of THE WIRE is just writing itself :)

should of kept Chris Partlow and Snoop doing their thing and kept filling up those boarded Project up with bodies

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 02:03:45 PM »
Yet another example of the Ludwig Von Mises theory that Government intervention will only worsen the problem.

All these social and entitlement programs, and Black America is in as bad a shape as ever.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »

should of kept Chris Partlow and Snoop doing their thing and kept filling up those boarded Project up with bodies

that would have been totally badass.  A show about them just doing dirt for the next ten years.

Although I guess that show was pretty realistic about things... bad guys DID get away with stuff at the end, just like in real life.