Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 7322 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »
Just chillax brah  8)

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:34 PM »
Just chillax brah  8)

f'in hate that word. "brah" as well. The only word you said that did not annoye me is "just".
?

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 10:06:04 PM »
I got a good one and any canadians on here ought to chime in on this behaviour..

CANADIANS aka NOT AMERICANS putting the confederate flag on their cars or trucks.

Enough said.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2015, 10:16:39 PM »
Everyday short list:

Tailgaters - I'm already doing the limit in the slower lanes, go the fuck around.

Phone Junkies - Why the fuck did you invite me just to watch you text and tweet all night, rude prick(ette)? Don't even have the decency to put their shit on vibrate.

Convenience Store Twofer - 1) Lottery ticket buyers casually browsing EVERY fucking row of losing picks, while the ten of us behind you just have Big Gulps.

2) Raghead clerks who never TELL you what you owe, when the fucking register sales screen is facing them. I will stand silently as long as it takes in these cases, waiting for him to speak. I'll play your f'n game, Mo.

Haven't experienced the "raghead clerks" thing. This is probably because I seldom shop at convenience stores. I buy lottery tickets at the grocery store. The clientele is the same though. They take their sweet time selecting numbers and which tickets to buy as if it actually makes any difference.

All the other stuff you mentioned drives me crazy too. Generally, I'll push the speed limit a little if the roads and visibility are good. I heard that no cop will stop you if your only going 7 miles over the limit. One place where I obey the speed limit is in a school zone. These theories have worked for me, or I've just been lucky all these years.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »
Haven't experienced the "raghead clerks" thing. This is probably because I seldom shop at convenience stores. I buy lottery tickets at the grocery store. The clientele is the same though. They take their sweet time selecting numbers and which tickets to buy as if it actually makes any difference.

All the other stuff you mentioned drives me crazy too. Generally, I'll push the speed limit a little if the roads and visibility are good. I heard that no cop will stop you if your only going 7 miles over the limit. One place where I obey the speed limit is in a school zone. These theories have worked for me, or I've just been lucky all these years.

if youve been to canada youll find the speed limits are infuriatingly slow here. i mean liek 60kms n hour on back roads and stuff. pitiful.... so basically i speed everywhere and slow down in towns and schools areas.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »
if youve been to canada youll find the speed limits are infuriatingly slow here. i mean liek 60kms n hour on back roads and stuff. pitiful.... so basically i speed everywhere and slow down in towns and schools areas.

When I visit my son in Germany, the speeds at which people travel on the Autobahn are scary to someone from the states. Basically, if you get into an accident on the Autobahn going say 120 - 140 mph, you life will be over. My advice is to stay out of the fast lane or you'll get crushed by someone driving a Mercedes.

Having lived primarily in Germany for the last 27 years, my son is a German driver. Riding with him is a nail biter. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2015, 10:35:41 PM »

Don't ever go to Nova-Scotia. The population is aged there and they all drive under the speed limit. And pedestrians assume cars will stop at cross walks. I saw the look of death in one woman's eyes as I came so close to hitting her, lol!!!
?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 07:27:10 AM »
Skinny fat guys wearing tank tops.

LOL my younger brother is like that. The guy is 6', 155lbs and wears my tanks around the house. The kid looks like smeagol from LOTR when he puts on a tank. It doesn't bother me, I just wonder why he doesn't start lifting if he wants to wear tanktops.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »
Don't ever go to Nova-Scotia. The population is aged there and they all drive under the speed limit. And pedestrians assume cars will stop at cross walks. I saw the look of death in one woman's eyes as I came so close to hitting her, lol!!!

That seems like a pretty good assumption... Its why crosswalks exist lol

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »
My Vegas Pet Peeve

Chicks and Dudes that scream like they've won a million dollars when they hit a $25 bet.  So fucking annoying.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »

They doN't mean shit in Quebec, lol. Nor do stop signs.
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »
People who don't signal when they turn right and just decide last second to slam their brakes and turn causing you to almost die. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »
Traffic jam non-mergers.  1mph and they won't look at you as they don't give way.  It is.  Every.  Other.  Car.  That's how it fucking works!!!

I once parked and got out to remind someone of this.  If he'd got out too I'd probably be in prison right now.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »
Bitches that decide to do their makeup at a red light, then the green light and when you honk they act all irritated at you.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 10:51:54 AM »
Crazy religious people
Crossfitters
People who wear jeans in the gym

Did this once, I think. No choice, in between classes at Mt. SAC here in CA, and time was limited. Manager or whomever let me know it wasn't acceptable but let me finish anyway.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 11:00:43 AM »
They doN't mean shit in Quebec, lol. Nor do stop signs.

Wow that sounds dangerous. We're pretty good at those things here in Ontario. The only time people forget how to drive properly is when lights are out and traffic lights are non-functional and should be treated as all-way stops. Most people have no idea it becomes an all-way stop and just drive through.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »

Had to clarify "ragheads," because even though ALL convenience stores here are owned/run by sand people, the Westernized, non-headdressers are very courteous and appreciate your business.

Far as driving, I fucked up my record pretty bad in the 90s. Ever since, I'm as cautious as can be. No ticket in years, imagine that.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:34 AM »
The population is aged there and they all drive under the speed limit. And pedestrians assume cars will stop at cross walks.

Another one. Especially when careless Mom has the stroller out front to take the initial impact. Eyes down or straight ahead, never even thinking to check for traffic. Like that white paint on the street will protect them from a speeding car.

And face it, as a driver, even a careful one, without lights or stop signs, those fucking crosswalks are hard to detect.

Worst of all is when you stop for the ped, and they just start crossing blindly, ignorantly assuming everyone is driving equally alert. But there's a speeding car coming up in the next lane who hasn't figured it out. Now you're car is blocking them from seeing the person; and, if they had half the brain to even pay attention, the speeder would still be unseen by the ped because of me.

I usually just honk and close my eyes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
Did this once, I think. No choice, in between classes at Mt. SAC here in CA, and time was limited. Manager or whomever let me know it wasn't acceptable but let me finish anyway.

There was this foreign kid who would come to the University Gym at the end of his school day in his normal clothes.  Dress shoes, khakis, jeans, whatever.  then he'd lift for an hour and leave.  One day he came on the weekend in normal gym clothes wearing a tank and shorts and the kid was fucking ripped. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »
Another one. Especially when careless Mom has the stroller out front to take the initial impact. Eyes down or straight ahead, never even thinking to check for traffic. Like that white paint on the street will protect them from a speeding car.

And face it, as a driver, even a careful one, without signs posted, those fucking crosswalks are hard to detect.

Worst of all is when you stop for the ped, and they just start crossing blindly, ignorantly assuming everyone is driving equally alert. But there's a speeding car coming up in the next lane who hasn't figured it out. Now you're car is blocking them from seeing the person; and, if they had half the brain to even pay attention, the speeder would still be unseen because of me.

I usually just honk and close my eyes.

LOL! in NS, if you are even 2 feet from a cross walk, all cars stop, lol! Very save place to be on roads but so many geezers who drive like Mr Magoo...

SAy the light is green, the first car SLOWLY advances, the next one won't move until at least 20 feet of clearance is given. Fuck man, they are slow. Was biting my nails but laughing so hard at how SLOW they are in nova scotia, oh man you can't be in a hurry there, lol.... Super nice people though!
?

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »
1. Those super fucking fat or scrawny crossfit fags at the gym that think they run shit and wear those huge beats headphones, spandex, knee wraps, wrist wraps, snapbacks, and a belt and walk around like their tough shit with their giant gym back and pre workout shake when there's fucking lockers in the gym to put all that shit in. This fat crossfit guy in his 20's at the gym tried to start something with a few days ago about taking a 45lb plate that he "was using" even though there were like 5 more about 2 feet behind him and we exchanged a couple words and we ended up calling each other a few names and could literally feel the Tren rage building up in me and I started walking away already pissed off and he was like "So you're just gonna take my fucking plate?" I then turned around and threw it at him and that beta bitch didn't do anything and just sat there scared as fuck.

2. Those girls at the grocery store who have 10000 coupons and go through their purse forever at the checkout line trying to find all the right coupons to use for their groceries.

3. People who are clueless as fuck on the road and don't use signals and just cut you off or people that get in your lane and end up going 10mph slower than you were driving.

4. Fat old bastards at the gym locker room that walk around naked like it's their own house. There's like 10 5 year olds in this locker room why would you want to expose your hairy balls to all these kids you fuckin sicko.

5. Those guys that wear all this name brand gym clothing like gymshark (those gay slim fit jogger pants especially) and think they're huge and check themselves out every 5 mins in the mirror while working out.

6. When you're at a gas station waiting to put gas and the person in front of you is finished putting gas in their car but takes their sweet time to clean their windshield etc.

7. When you're trying to merge into traffic coming off an exit and some
douchebag doesn't fucking let you merge at all and pretends like they don't see you.

8. Any Indian or Asian drivers

9. Passive aggressive people that say something rude towards you then joke about it and laugh like they were kidding when they really aren't. I want to fucking punch my coworker in the face because he will make some ignorant and rude remarks towards me sometimes then smile and laugh like he was kidding about it.

10. People that HAVE to or feel the need to cuss or say the word fuck every time they open their mouth

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2015, 11:37:53 AM »
1. Those super fucking fat or scrawny crossfit fags at the gym that think they run shit and wear those huge beats headphones, spandex, knee wraps, wrist wraps, snapbacks, and a belt and walk around like their tough shit with their giant gym back and pre workout shake when there's fucking lockers in the gym to put all that shit in. This fat crossfit guy in his 20's at the gym tried to start something with a few days ago about taking a 45lb plate that he "was using" even though there were like 5 more about 2 feet behind him and we exchanged a couple words and we ended up calling each other a few names and could literally feel the Tren rage building up in me and I started walking away already pissed off and he was like "So you're just gonna take my fucking plate?" I then turned around and threw it at him and that beta bitch didn't do anything and just sat there scared as fuck.

Especially when its not a crossfit "box". My gym doesn't have platforms or bumper plates, but these crossfit idiots will come in and do their snatches and clean and jerks and then wonder why all the 45's have cracks in them. Pisses me off to no end!
Basically anything on the road will make me want to go on a shooting rampage.

This actually happened to me twice, but I used to drive back and forth to a city about an hour away from where I live every weekend, and on fridays there would always be crazy traffic. So this guy driving a lunch box (one of those "souped up" cars with the spoiler on the back and shiny lights all over the place) is behind me and we are all standing still on the highway. He starts flashing his brights at me to switch lanes. I switch over when I see an opening and then switch right back but behind him and start flashing my brights at him until traffic started moving again. Felt strangely good to do that haha.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »

No, it's a stupid one. Take a lawnchair someday and sit by a crosswalk (one with no stop signs or lights). Just an hour or two, sneak a few beers, Watch how many cars drive through at top speed never even noticing it.

If this is the ol' 'pedestrian always has the right of way' defense, well, you got him there. Make sure to let the grieving loved ones know how legal the deceased was at his or funeral. Sure they'll take plenty of comfort knowing the driver got legally jammed up, too.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
Traffic jam non-mergers.  1mph and they won't look at you as they don't give way.  It is.  Every.  Other.  Car.  That's how it fucking works!!!

I once parked and got out to remind someone of this.  If he'd got out too I'd probably be in prison right now.

I've almost got in fights over this, too. Inconsiderate fucks.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 11:47:12 AM »
Wow that sounds dangerous. We're pretty good at those things here in Ontario. The only time people forget how to drive properly is when lights are out and traffic lights are non-functional and should be treated as all-way stops. Most people have no idea it becomes an all-way stop and just drive through.

Exactly. As a crosswalker, probably better to be alive, despite stupid drivers; than legally justified, but dead.

No?