Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 7313 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
There was this foreign kid who would come to the University Gym at the end of his school day in his normal clothes.  Dress shoes, khakis, jeans, whatever.  then he'd lift for an hour and leave.  One day he came on the weekend in normal gym clothes wearing a tank and shorts and the kid was fucking ripped.  

I was in pretty good shape at the time, better than most of his athletes, anyway (aesthetically, I mean), and I trained intensely. Think that's why he kinda gave me a day pass.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2015, 12:01:08 PM »
Fuck, if I lived in a subway state, I'd already have succumbed to peeve cancer.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »
Exactly. As a crosswalker, probably better to be alive, despite stupid drivers; than legally justified, but dead.

No?

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that most people who drive have no idea wtf they're doing. Of course check before you cross haha. But when I drive through crosswalks I always check that no one is walking, I don't wanna end up killing someone and facing legal problems for the rest of my life.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »
LOL! in NS, if you are even 2 feet from a cross walk, all cars stop, lol! Very save place to be on roads but so many geezers who drive like Mr Magoo...

SAy the light is green, the first car SLOWLY advances, the next one won't move until at least 20 feet of clearance is given. Fuck man, they are slow. Was biting my nails but laughing so hard at how SLOW they are in nova scotia, oh man you can't be in a hurry there, lol.... Super nice people though!

Yeah, that'd probably fill up a whole different list of gripes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
over sensitive people.

Why is our society so shitty?  You say one negative thing about Blacks and they start to whine, you say one negative thing about a gay and they start to whine, you say anything bad about fat people and they whine.  Society has turned into a bunch of whiney assholes

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that most people who drive have no idea wtf they're doing. Of course check before you cross haha. But when I drive through crosswalks I always check that no one is walking, I don't wanna end up killing someone and facing legal problems for the rest of my life.

I hear you, nothing personal. I'm just more concerned with pedestrians who apply zero common sense or perspective regarding painted white lines. They put their lives in the hands of strangers with lethal weapons, many careless or distracted themselves.

One dies; one goes to jail. Probably a relatively short stay, too. Who's got more at stake is all?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
Fuck cross walks. Why have a car stop? It's not eco friendly fuel wise and what is it for a pedestrian to wait another 30 seconds???

Even when I had no car, I thought it was a dumb concept.
?

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2015, 12:23:37 PM »
Especially when its not a crossfit "box". My gym doesn't have platforms or bumper plates, but these crossfit idiots will come in and do their snatches and clean and jerks and then wonder why all the 45's have cracks in them. Pisses me off to no end!
Basically anything on the road will make me want to go on a shooting rampage.

This actually happened to me twice, but I used to drive back and forth to a city about an hour away from where I live every weekend, and on fridays there would always be crazy traffic. So this guy driving a lunch box (one of those "souped up" cars with the spoiler on the back and shiny lights all over the place) is behind me and we are all standing still on the highway. He starts flashing his brights at me to switch lanes. I switch over when I see an opening and then switch right back but behind him and start flashing my brights at him until traffic started moving again. Felt strangely good to do that haha.

It's honestly the biggest pain dealing with the crossfit people. My gym was originally supposed to have a tanning bed room for us but instead they made it a crossfit room which pissed me off beyond belief. And the crossfit people STILL continue to use the regular gym area for no reason other than to show off

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »
Fuck cross walks. Why have a car stop? It's not eco friendly fuel wise and what is it for a pedestrian to wait another 30 seconds???

Even when I had no car, I thought it was a dumb concept.

I've come to the conclusion jaywalking is much safer. Fuckers know they're in the wrong, better believe their eyes are peeled.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
What's the deal with Cross Fit and Cross Walks getting the most discussion?  Just makes me Cross.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
What's the deal with Cross Fit and Cross Walks getting the most discussion?  Just makes me Cross.

Fitting as fuck, well done.

:)