Author Topic: McGregor from the ufc  (Read 13178 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Re: McGregor from the ufc
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 06:21:22 AM »
His MMA career will take a huge hit if he gets demolished by Aldo. Forget it, if he loses 2 in a row. Nobody will remember who he is.

Anyone remember Nottingham's own Dan Hardy? They did the exact same hype job with him leading up to the title shot with GSP.

Nobody knows who he is anymore.

You're a fat, ugly, no-good sack of shit trailer trash penniless kunt. McGregor is on a completely different level to Hardy. He is a million times more popular and making way more cash. He's the UFC's next big thing. Not even their next big thing, their current big thing alongside Rousey. Have they ever done an 8 part World Tour for a fight before? No, but they did to hype UFC 189 AND ONLY BECAUSE OF MCGREGOR NOBODY ELSE ON THE CARD. Even if he loses he will still have HUGE drawing power for the foreseeable future because of his polarizing appeal. Don't pretend like you're some fucking MMA expert now you insignificant loser

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 09:12:42 AM »
mcgregor isnt the next big thing since he will lose against all the top guys of the division

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
You're a fat, ugly, no-good sack of shit trailer trash penniless kunt. McGregor is on a completely different level to Hardy. He is a million times more popular and making way more cash. He's the UFC's next big thing. Not even their next big thing, their current big thing alongside Rousey. Have they ever done an 8 part World Tour for a fight before? No, but they did to hype UFC 189 AND ONLY BECAUSE OF MCGREGOR NOBODY ELSE ON THE CARD. Even if he loses he will still have HUGE drawing power for the foreseeable future because of his polarizing appeal. Don't pretend like you're some fucking MMA expert now you insignificant loser
Lol, his biggest win is against Dennis Siver. If he were from Idaho, he wouldnt even be sniffing a title shot now.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 09:46:19 AM »
Lol, his biggest win is against Dennis Siver. If he were from Idaho, he wouldnt even be sniffing a title shot now.

Bitch

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »

You're a moron. He destroyed Poirier who was a top 5 at the time. You fucking ugly fat kunt.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 12:08:06 PM »

he has  solid wins against Porier and Holloway.. Holloway is a top 5

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »

This post tells me that u know nothing about mma
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 01:20:22 PM »
he has  solid wins against Porier and Holloway.. Holloway is a top 5

Exactly. Poirier was top 5 or so at that time as well
irongearco.com

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 01:23:33 PM »

This post tells me that u know nothing about mma
It tells me that McGregor is overhyped right now.

And most other fighters would have needed another win or two to get that shot.

He can sell the fight, nothing wrong with that. Some of you guys have him in the Hall of Fame already.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
hes not getting past aldo, he's not beating chad mendes and he wont win against frankie edgar. he'll have a tough time against lamas and he probably have problems with a much improved holloway. so that leaves him him around top-5, top-6 spot which his ego cant handle so he has to move up a weightclass and there he will face dos anjos, pettis and nurmagomedov... so basically he's done.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »
I personally would have liked to see him fight another fight or 2 before facing Aldo. ..but aldo pretty much beat everyone else
irongearco.com

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
Think he's in over his head with Aldo, but it'd be fun to see him pull it off. Dude's a riot, no doubt.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2015, 03:51:26 AM »
hes not getting past aldo, he's not beating chad mendes and he wont win against frankie edgar. he'll have a tough time against lamas and he probably have problems with a much improved holloway. so that leaves him him around top-5, top-6 spot which his ego cant handle so he has to move up a weightclass and there he will face dos anjos, pettis and nurmagomedov... so basically he's done.

No, he would run through Mini Mendes and Edgar, lmao what a troll

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2015, 04:10:39 AM »
No, he would run through Mini Mendes and Edgar, lmao what a troll

never seen anyone run through edgar, including aldo. dudes never been koed, submitted or finished and been fighting in the ufc for 8 years.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2015, 04:33:31 AM »
never seen anyone run through edgar, including aldo. dudes never been koed, submitted or finished and been fighting in the ufc for 8 years.
That's why Edgar said that Dana was ducking him, after his win over Faber. Frankie thought he should have been the one getting the title shot over McGregor.

Bottom line.......Conor should have had to beat either Mendez or Edgar, to fight Aldo.  Dana White sees dollar signs with this kid (its a business) and selling a fight (ala Sonnen) sometimes pushes you ahead of where you should be.

There is a reason why the UFC had McGregor fight Siver, instead of a more worthy opponent. They wanted to make certain that he would win, to set up this championship bout. Under no other circumstances would a win over a guy like Siver, get anyone else a title shot.

But shit happens, and I am anxious to see how he does against Aldo. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2015, 06:31:12 AM »
His MMA career will take a huge hit if he gets demolished by Aldo. Forget it, if he loses 2 in a row. Nobody will remember who he is.

Anyone remember Nottingham's own Dan Hardy? They did the exact same hype job with him leading up to the title shot with GSP.

Nobody knows who he is anymore.

you really are a fat fucking retarded numpty

he does all the commentary on the European shows you fat fuck
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 06:49:17 AM »
you really are a fat fucking retarded numpty

he does all the commentary on the European shows you fat fuck
What does that have to do with him as a fighter? My point, was that Hardy was hyped (much like McGregor) before he had faced the elite of the division.  He lost the title fight to GSP, and then went on to lose three more fights in a row (Condit, Rumble Johnson, and Lytle) against better competition. After that, he fell off of the map competitively.

My stance stands. McGregor could easily wind up the same way, if he loses to Aldo. I would argue (if he loses) that his most important fight, will be the next fight after Aldo.

I actually liked Hardy. Was hoping he would beat GSP to be honest. He ended up being a victim of the business.

I don't know why you would feel the need for personal insults, but I guess that is to be expected from you.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2015, 07:18:04 AM »

That's because aldo hasn't run through anyone in years and mcgregor will be too much for him

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2015, 07:24:23 AM »
What does that have to do with him as a fighter? My point, was that Hardy was hyped (much like McGregor) before he had faced the elite of the division.  He lost the title fight to GSP, and then went on to lose three more fights in a row (Condit, Rumble Johnson, and Lytle) against better competition. After that, he fell off of the map competitively.

My stance stands. McGregor could easily wind up the same way, if he loses to Aldo. I would argue (if he loses) that his most important fight, will be the next fight after Aldo.

I actually liked Hardy. Was hoping he would beat GSP to be honest. He ended up being a victim of the business.

I don't know why you would feel the need for personal insults, but I guess that is to be expected from you.

If there's one man you don't shit talk it's Conor he's like a brother to me, how is Walmart going?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2015, 07:31:39 AM »
Blind hope, and Irish pride are getting the McGregor fans in a tizzy. 

Calm down lads.  :D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2015, 08:07:55 AM »

you know nothing he was back on a winning streak when he had heart problems and couldn't get his license

fuck me learn the sport before you start pouting your drunken shit fatty
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »
you know nothing he was back on a winning streak when he had heart problems and couldn't get his license

fuck me learn the sport before you start pouting your drunken shit fatty
My point still stands. Hardy was not ready for that title shot. It was his mouth and appeal to Europeans, that made him a selling point.

Which is similar to what is happening with McGregor right now. Time will tell.

Hardy lost 4 fights in a row, that would get many people cut from the UFC. Sure, he won two fights in a row (1 was an undercard fight) in 2012, but his big opportunity was already gone by that point anyway.

Again with the insults......

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
My point still stands. Hardy was not ready for that title shot. It was his mouth and appeal to Europeans, that made him a selling point.

Which is similar to what is happening with McGregor right now. Time will tell.

Hardy lost 4 fights in a row, that would get many people cut from the UFC. Sure, he won two fights in a row (1 was an undercard fight) in 2012, but his big opportunity was already gone by that point anyway.

Again with the insults......

facts aren't insults

you know nothing

seriously

cringe  :-X
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
one of the greats

T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2015, 08:45:37 AM »
facts aren't insults

you know nothing

seriously

cringe  :-X
Its sad that you can't handle a proper discussion, without resorting to child-like name calling. Its obviously a difference in opinion.

No big deal.