Author Topic: McGregor from the ufc  (Read 13160 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: McGregor from the ufc
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »
one of the greats

Dan Hardy was a middle of the pack fighter. He could not beat the best fighters in his division.

Unless you count the legendary Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis  ::)

:D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2015, 09:40:28 AM »
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2015, 10:00:48 AM »
T

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2015, 10:18:37 AM »
I might have an Irish beer today for a change

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2015, 11:40:30 AM »
Dan Hardy was a middle of the pack fighter. He could not beat the best fighters in his division.

Unless you count the legendary Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis  ::)

:D

You can't compare him to Hardy or Marcus Davis (who was not really Irish but a plastic paddy) he is far, far better than both of them

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
why do you say he's better than hardy?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
Objectivity can be a real mutherfucker sometimes.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2015, 05:24:51 PM »
he will at least make a few million if he wins

Unless he bets millions on the result this will not happen. His career earnings before his last fight (or maybe 2 fights ago) totalled $150k or so, yet he was driving a rented Ferrari and acting like a baller. He and Cutler would get on great spending unearned money and acting like a multimillionaire.

Back on point, I can't stand him (esp as his hairstyle and beard etc have caught on here (Ireland)) but shit talking etc makes him money so who cares... and UFC is infinitely more watchable than shitty boxing nowadays. How so many people paid the amount they paid (more than nothing was too much) with any knowledge of his past fights is a damning indictment on how easily people are suckers for hype.

Nearly all sport is overhyped and shitty now. More money, less entertainment. Like paying $500 to watch a movie about paint drying.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »
Would Conor be considered somewhat hipsterish?

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »

100% hipster

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2015, 08:17:36 AM »

No. He's considered a warrior. Like he told Aldo hundreds of years ago he would have invaded Brazil
irongearco.com

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
When you willingly sport such a stupid haircut, it's time to hang up the gloves as he's clearly taken one too many punches to the head...
?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »
100% hipster

Think I might be ok with this hipster deal.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »
Think I might be ok with this hipster deal.

Bite you tongue wench
irongearco.com

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
his suits are very tight

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »
I recall strong rumours circulating during his time as a fighter that Hardy was KOed in a nightclub. He was a flash in the pan as a draw, was ultimately a mid carder and has managed to stay in the business. Dana was big on him.

In regards to McGregor i am a huge fan of his, he is absolutely dedicated to MMA and has a rare talent and incredible power. Aldo is the benchmark, but i dont think hes the Aldo of 3 - 4 years ago that was killing guys in there. I believe Aldo has all the tools to finish Connor, but i also believe Connor has it in him to win this too. Come fight night i can almost guarantee this wont go the distance, id love to see a 2nd round finish.

Heres my question: If McGregor does somehow win, who will give him credit and who will be quick to call it a fluke?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »
I recall strong rumours circulating during his time as a fighter that Hardy was KOed in a nightclub. He was a flash in the pan as a draw, was ultimately a mid carder and has managed to stay in the business. Dana was big on him.

In regards to McGregor i am a huge fan of his, he is absolutely dedicated to MMA and has a rare talent and incredible power. Aldo is the benchmark, but i dont think hes the Aldo of 3 - 4 years ago that was killing guys in there. I believe Aldo has all the tools to finish Connor, but i also believe Connor has it in him to win this too. Come fight night i can almost guarantee this wont go the distance, id love to see a 2nd round finish.

Heres my question: If McGregor does somehow win, who will give him credit and who will be quick to call it a fluke?
Only an idiot wouldnt give Conor credit if he beats Aldo. It would validate all of the hype.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
he's not a rare talent.
he doesnt have a lot of power.
his 17 fights consists mostly of faceless fighters with more losses than wins.
he hasnt fought any of the top guys in the division (but all the top guys has fought eachother, sometimes more than once)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2015, 01:32:56 PM »
he's not a rare talent.
he hasnt fought any of the top guys in the division (but all the top guys has fought eachother, sometimes more than once)

You are an idiot
irongearco.com

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
he's not a rare talent.

This is the absolute truth right now.

He is getting his opportunity to show the world what he's made of.

Nobody is gonna want to hear any excuses from butt hurt McGregor fans, if he gets his ass kicked.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
maybe so but im right and what i say can be verified.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
Im not for getting into arguments over the expression of ones opinion as i am all for a debate based on logic & facts.

It is my opinion that Conor has evident power, and if his talent was so common there would be a roster full of guys that fight the way he does. He is extremely effective, and his record is patchy because his mainstream career is to date a whole 5 fights. At the end of the day, 5 guys have stood opposite him in the UFC cage - where the best fighters in the world compete - and not one of them has come remotely close to being competitive with him never mind beating him. As such he is now considered to be in the upper echelons of the division and he has a golden chance to show he belongs.

The problem with that is that he is fighting the best Featherweight in MMA history. Aldo has already proven that he can dominate the best, however i feel he is beginning to take the GSP route to victory. I dont know if thats true, it is just my opinion. I am excited by this match up, more so than any fight i can recall in the last year or 2. Whomever wins will thoroughly deserve it, i just hope it keeps the division competitive.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2015, 03:30:03 PM »
Im not for getting into arguments over the expression of ones opinion as i am all for a debate based on logic & facts.

It is my opinion that Conor has evident power, and if his talent was so common there would be a roster full of guys that fight the way he does. He is extremely effective, and his record is patchy because his mainstream career is to date a whole 5 fights. At the end of the day, 5 guys have stood opposite him in the UFC cage - where the best fighters in the world compete - and not one of them has come remotely close to being competitive with him never mind beating him. As such he is now considered to be in the upper echelons of the division and he has a golden chance to show he belongs.

The problem with that is that he is fighting the best Featherweight in MMA history. Aldo has already proven that he can dominate the best, however i feel he is beginning to take the GSP route to victory. I dont know if thats true, it is just my opinion. I am excited by this match up, more so than any fight i can recall in the last year or 2. Whomever wins will thoroughly deserve it, i just hope it keeps the division competitive.

Most fans don't  know how to asses a fighter ( they just look at their records or who they fought ).

Is he a good fighter ? yes he's very good .
Is he the best featherweight in the UFC ? No yet ,  time will tell .

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2015, 02:35:06 AM »
i dont think he has a lot of power, he has accuracy but as far as punching power no. he would rather tko someone than ko someone.
is he more talented than the typical getbigger? yes but not exceptional for ufc.
his matchups have been perfect for him:

dennis siver is at the end of his career, he's shorter has lesser range and is a striker - so all he has to do is use his reach and hit him from different angles (which he did)
dustin is also a striker, diego brando striker, holoway striker.brimage too.