Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 790866 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
doesn't bitcoin depend on the internet and computers to transfer and use?  Do you really think that if a nuclear war hits and EMPs are used that you'll still have your phone or PC to transfer and use them?  All digital currency will be useless.  Those bitcoins will only be useful for other people that use bitcoins.

Bitcoins will be the last thing people will worry about if an EPM hits. Nothing will work. Food and water will be the first thing people will need and then shelter. Of course most Getbiggers will have an underground mansion stocked with everything needed plus an assortment of random whores to keep them busy.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
Water, food, and bullets. That appears to be the currency of the future.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2017, 03:02:48 AM »

Precious metals are a long term play, NOT a get rich quick plan/scam.  When silver eventually passes $50, then $100, then $200, then $500, people here are going to be shocked.  Those who do not have any will be kicking themselves.  

The people who make money from precious metals make it from "leveraged commodity futures trading"...not physical possesion of the commodity...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2017, 06:22:04 AM »

The people who make money from precious metals make it from "leveraged commodity futures trading"...not physical possesion of the commodity...

I used to trade myself and I was pretty decent at it.  I made more money than I lost, which is the whole key to successful trading.  Leverage is great when you're on the correct side of the trade, but when you not... yikes.  I know people who got totally wiped out during the day-trading mania of the late 90's.

Regarding physical vs paper gold, the only thing I have to say is... if you don't have it, you don't own it.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »
Bump for the $600 drop on one China story.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »
Down to $3,425.00 down $1,277.81 since last week.

Simple Simon

« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
Down to $3,425.00 down $1,277.81 since last week.

Getbiggers influence the value of bitcoins.....

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »
Getbiggers influence the value of bitcoins.....

I know I'm not the only one to say this but a few years ago I tried to buy a couple thousand bitcoins but couldn't  figure out how to do it.  :'(

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
North Korea is buying a shitload.
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2017, 01:30:27 PM »
I know I'm not the only one to say this but a few years ago I tried to buy a couple thousand bitcoins but couldn't  figure out how to do it.  :'(

Lol

X2

I tried to pay for my groceries and apparently whole foods doesn't accept bitcoins.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »
I remember Goodrum saying he had 20 computers in his house running 24 hours a day mining for bitcoins

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Don't people realize that the exchanges that allow you to buy and sell bitcoin are operated by the shadiest fucks in the world?  Do you honestly think they'll cash you out at millions if you had it?  Do you even think they have millions to give you if you wanted to cash out?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
Don't people realize that the exchanges that allow you to buy and sell bitcoin are operated by the shadiest fucks in the world?  Do you honestly think they'll cash you out at millions if you had it?  Do you even think they have millions to give you if you wanted to cash out?

It's a Ponzi scheme, a tulip bulb and a Beanie Baby all in one package.  The two most powerful emotions are greed and fear.  The greed phase is winding down.  Very soon, many bitcoin devotees are going experience fear first hand... they'll all want out at the same time... like a fire in a movie theater.  Most will perish (i.e. lose a majority of their money).  The last ones in on the Ponzi scheme always lose the most.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2017, 03:41:03 PM »
Johnny come lately buys high, prices fall, loses hundreds or thousands sells sells sells someone just made a nice profit to score some more illegal shit off the deep web.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2017, 04:26:59 PM »
Don't people realize that the exchanges that allow you to buy and sell bitcoin are operated by the shadiest fucks in the world?  Do you honestly think they'll cash you out at millions if you had it?  Do you even think they have millions to give you if you wanted to cash out?

Why would the exchange need millions of their own money? They just move money from the buyers account into the sellers account and take a small commission. That's why they are called "exchanges".

People have been cashing out millions for years now. If they couldn't it would be all over the news.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2017, 07:03:54 PM »
Very very easy to buy, harder to find places to spend.
1.) Google bitcoin ATM in your area. Be careful though, some are in shady parts of town. Where people buy that don't want to be on camera.
2.) I recommend downloading coinbase on your phone and buying that way. Easy and you can monitor pricing. 
But don't keep on there, if you are going to buy any real amount, invest in a hardware wallet. I like keepkey but there are many on the market.
A

foreleft

• Getbig II
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:17 PM »
what is BCH? Calvin Ayre keeps talking about bch exploding and bitcoin going extinct

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »
what is BCH? Calvin Ayre keeps talking about bch exploding and bitcoin going extinct

Bch is an offshoot or Bit Coin. Called bit coin cash. I would suggest buying bit coin only.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2017, 01:37:28 AM »
Bch is an offshoot or Bit Coin. Called bit coin cash. I would suggest buying bit coin only.

See, one of the great things about Bitcoin is they'll never make more of it....until they do.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2017, 07:31:39 AM »
Why would the exchange need millions of their own money? They just move money from the buyers account into the sellers account and take a small commission. That's why they are called "exchanges".

People have been cashing out millions for years now. If they couldn't it would be all over the news.

They were on the news like Mt Gox that fucked over a lot of people.  These exchanges are built on quicksand.  No guarantee that they won't fold shop and leave.  They're unregulated as well.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
They were on the news like Mt Gox that fucked over a lot of people.  These exchanges are built on quicksand.  No guarantee that they won't fold shop and leave.  They're unregulated as well.

Mt Gox got hacked. That's only a problem if a person leaves their coins or cash at the exchange for longer than necessary. You only really need to leave cash or coins at the exchange for minutes to make a transaction and money transfers.

Yes, there are unregulated exchanges but the big ones such as GDAX/Coinbase in the USA are regulated and insured.

https://www.coinbase.com/legal/licenses

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2017, 10:20:06 AM »
idk, ether is a good investment right now if you're into mining. But yes only buy bitcoin.
A

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2017, 12:45:07 PM »
You know is a tarp when phil hernon is in it (wtf is he, a bodyguard for mining pc s??)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7mwx5lrJk

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2017, 12:56:06 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
Looks like a factory running up fake credit card scams