Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 788823 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #2500 on: November 24, 2018, 02:14:23 PM »
total pile of shit

Typical Ponzi scheme.  There's always some intricate story built in and around them when they start.  The "investors" (lol) who bought at the beginning sell at the top.  Then, right after the last greater fool has bought, it falls apart.  Same thing happens every single time.

The lower it goes, the more people dump it.  All bubbles, manias, Ponzi's end the same way.  Intrinsic value of blips was always ZERO.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2501 on: November 24, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
Typical Ponzi scheme.  There's always some intricate story built in and around them when they start.  The "investors" (lol) who bought at the beginning sell at the top.  Then, right after the last greater fool has bought, it falls apart.  Same thing happens every single time.
That's why you get on early.  It's the same with the stock market, almost everyone starts investing when it's high and when it crashes they sell which is the exact opposite of what they should do.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2502 on: November 24, 2018, 02:25:22 PM »
$3,888.15

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #2503 on: November 24, 2018, 02:26:38 PM »
Could easily get to 10k per coin by year end.

:D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #2504 on: November 24, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »
That's why you get on early.  It's the same with the stock market, almost everyone starts investing when it's high and when it crashes they sell which is the exact opposite of what they should do.

I don't disagree with that.  The S&P will be a very good buy when it gets back down to the 1500 area.  Lots of people will be wiped out during that process.  401k's and retirement plans are loaded to the gills with these FANG stocks, which are ridiculously overvalued.  Those companies will lead the market down.  There will be plenty of dead-cat bounces on the way down.

The only asset not in a bubble is... gold and silver.  I expect PM prices could fall even further with the market (i.e. 2008), but there will be a run to safety when the markets really start get hammered.  PMs are where investors always run to in protracted bear markets.  JP Morgan has accumulated the largest physical silver position in history... you think they know something?

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2505 on: November 25, 2018, 12:14:28 AM »
I don't disagree with that.  The S&P will be a very good buy when it gets back down to the 1500 area.  Lots of people will be wiped out during that process.  401k's and retirement plans are loaded to the gills with these FANG stocks, which are ridiculously overvalued.  Those companies will lead the market down.  There will be plenty of dead-cat bounces on the way down.

The only asset not in a bubble is... gold and silver.  I expect PM prices could fall even further with the market (i.e. 2008), but there will be a run to safety when the markets really start get hammered.  PMs are where investors always run to in protracted bear markets.  JP Morgan has accumulated the largest physical silver position in history... you think they know something?

Silver for definite, not sure about gold being undervalued although it's priced is being depressed by paper.

How can the average investor benefit from silver? In the UK 20% tax is charged on physical metal so you're already down when you buy. I had thought about investing in a miner but there's considerable risk of course.

Advice would be welcomed

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2506 on: November 25, 2018, 04:02:40 AM »
Silver and gold are perfect examples.  A couple decades ago you should have stacked up on them and then sold it several years ago.  Instead most people got on board when silver was like $30 and ounce and gold was sky high and then it tanked and they've been waiting years for it to go back up.

Most silver and gold bugs are thinking if there's a financial collapse (like hyperinflation) they will be able to trade there commodities for goods and services.  If money is worth nothing gold and silver don't do you any good.  Study the hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic in Germany from 1921-1923 and see how things really are in a hyperinflated economy.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2507 on: November 25, 2018, 04:05:10 AM »
:D

Yeah. It actually got to 19.5k. I sold shortly thereafter (and posted here at the time confirming that).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2508 on: November 25, 2018, 04:09:20 AM »
I don't disagree with that.  The S&P will be a very good buy when it gets back down to the 1500 area.  Lots of people will be wiped out during that process.  401k's and retirement plans are loaded to the gills with these FANG stocks, which are ridiculously overvalued.  Those companies will lead the market down.  There will be plenty of dead-cat bounces on the way down.

Gold is as much an “asset” as blips. I have explained this to you before. They both rely on the greater fool theory in order to increase value. And they can’t be valued as they produce zero yield.

Having said that, yes it’s a good time to buy as there is a perfect internet structure in place from crypto bliplievers to move next to hyping gold. But don’t kid yourself. It can’t be valued and therefore is inherently a gamble.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2509 on: November 25, 2018, 04:12:42 AM »
You are so full of shit.  Just man-up and admit you were WRONG.

Mr A. You don’t think perhaps that you were epically trolled throughout this thread? Just maybe?

Go back and have a read ... :)

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #2510 on: November 25, 2018, 04:54:40 AM »
Mr A. You don’t think perhaps that you were epically trolled throughout this thread? Just maybe?

Go back and have a read ... :)

no one is falling for your bullshit , you were called out on it ages ago , and now you were just ' trolling '   ::)

your posts read like a textbook lesson for people to identify shysters

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2511 on: November 25, 2018, 05:32:57 AM »
Silver and gold are perfect examples.  A couple decades ago you should have stacked up on them and then sold it several years ago.  Instead most people got on board when silver was like $30 and ounce and gold was sky high and then it tanked and they've been waiting years for it to go back up.

Most silver and gold bugs are thinking if there's a financial collapse (like hyperinflation) they will be able to trade there commodities for goods and services.  If money is worth nothing gold and silver don't do you any good.  Study the hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic in Germany from 1921-1923 and see how things really are in a hyperinflated economy.

Inclined to agree. In 2008 crisis gold didn’t rally in the aftermath (as some thougt it would). Rather, it fell (and cash was by far a better asset to hold). Then gold did rally a little but it was far far out performed by equites (not just in value but also even more so if you factor in the yields the equities paid).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2512 on: November 25, 2018, 05:42:36 AM »

Re FANG and tech, yes Netflix is way overvalued. As is Amazon. As is Tesla. Apple on the other hand is not. It trades at a reasonable multiple to earnings. As does Google. Look a little beyond that and some tech companies listed in the US are still at decent values. Adobe. Salesforce etc.

But yes, as a whole US equities are overvalued. You should be looking at stocks in Europe and in Asia in my view (easy to buy through interactive brokers). Some chinese stocks are at bargain prices right now. Otherwise hodl that cash away and buy US equities once at reasonable valuations.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2513 on: November 25, 2018, 06:52:48 AM »
GIB, you were wrong about Bitcoin. How do you feel about this?  ??? ???
X

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2514 on: November 25, 2018, 07:03:15 AM »
Re FANG and tech, yes Netflix is way overvalued. As is Amazon. As is Tesla. Apple on the other hand is not. It trades at a reasonable multiple to earnings. As does Google. Look a little beyond that and some tech companies listed in the US are still at decent values. Adobe. Salesforce etc.

But yes, as a whole US equities are overvalued. You should be looking at stocks in Europe and in Asia in my view (easy to buy through interactive brokers). Some chinese stocks are at bargain prices right now. Otherwise hodl that cash away and buy US equities once at reasonable valuations.

The same guy whose predictions regarding bitcoin were dead wrong is now making predictions about the stock market.  How wonderful!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2515 on: November 25, 2018, 07:05:54 AM »
Inclined to agree. In 2008 crisis gold didn’t rally in the aftermath (as some thougt it would). Rather, it fell (and cash was by far a better asset to hold). Then gold did rally a little but it was far far out performed by equites (not just in value but also even more so if you factor in the yields the equities paid).

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2516 on: November 25, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
Yeah. It actually got to 19.5k. I sold shortly thereafter (and posted here at the time confirming that).

so you sold all your bitcoins at 19500?

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #2517 on: November 25, 2018, 07:25:29 AM »

he was still encouraging people to buy when it was about 19 000 . . .

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #2518 on: November 25, 2018, 10:56:04 AM »
there is someone out there who bought the exact highest price...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2519 on: November 25, 2018, 06:31:32 PM »
there is someone out there who bought the exact highest price...

And is still HODL-ing.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2520 on: December 05, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »
Is now a good time to buy?   ???

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2521 on: December 05, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
Maybe, watch the market. And of course, any you buy is a high risk investment.
A

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2522 on: December 05, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »
Far more likely that he never bought in the first place.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2523 on: December 05, 2018, 06:02:17 PM »
ripple is now .34 cents - eek

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2524 on: December 05, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »

Amazing - 100 pages as to why NOT to buy and this post, haha. As long as marks think there is easy $$ this thing will go on for a while longer.