Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 800354 times)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #2525 on: December 05, 2018, 08:49:42 PM »

Amazing - 100 pages as to why NOT to buy and this post, haha. As long as marks think there is easy $$ this thing will go on for a while longer.

Amazing - your inability to detect sarcasm.   :-\

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2526 on: December 05, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »
What about the other crypto types.  Etherium or whatever it is called. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2527 on: December 06, 2018, 03:06:02 AM »
A bunch of remote viewers called the Farsight Institute led by Courtney Brown are using their psychic skills to predict futures for different crypto currencies and are charging thousands for their followers to get their predictions.  I'm sure it will end well for those customers. ::)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #2528 on: December 06, 2018, 09:46:21 AM »
I'm going to start a bag HODLer support group.  A lifetime membership will cost 1 ounce of gold... what a bargain!

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2529 on: December 06, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »
Gold is as much an “asset” as blips. I have explained this to you before. They both rely on the greater fool theory in order to increase value. And they can’t be valued as they produce zero yield.

You've "explained" nothing, you're just making statements.  Greater fool huh?  Why do banks hoard it?  Why do people cherish it?  Gold has a 5000 year history of being a store of wealth and value.  Your argument is very weak.

Of course it has no yield, it's a piece of metal.  All anti-gold people always pulls this one out of their ass, including Warren Buffet.  It's a store of wealth, insurance and it maintains your purchasing power.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2530 on: December 06, 2018, 02:13:44 PM »
Bitcoin is dying

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2531 on: December 06, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »
Bitcoin is dying

Not dead yet... still too many HODLing fools left out there.  This crypto fad, Ponzi, bubble mania was truly one for history books.  It blows tulip mania out of the water.  It makes the late 90's tech bubble look tame.  People need to learn from it.  Sadly, there are millions and millions of new suckers born every generation who do not understand the "greater fool theory" and how it works.  There's also something called greed that is very powerful and usually self-destructive.  

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2532 on: December 06, 2018, 08:33:54 PM »
Bitcoin won't die - that is a mathematical certainty. The algorithm and formula continue to function, and will do so for ever (well as long as we have computers on earth anyhow). However the price people are prepared to pay for a bitcoin has certainly declined over the last year. Good for those who bought low and sold high. Not so good for those who did the reverse. Hodlers have the dilemma of having to sell now, and salvage some of their money, and "realize the loss" or hodle and hope for the best. BTC is still works for some short term money transfers. For example, I know of someone who recently sold a house in Thailand for around 2m USD. Due to capital control laws, no bank was allowing him to transfer out. Solution - he bought BTC (anon as done peer to peer) and the flew to the country where he wanted the funds and sold his BTC (again PTP). Well he sold part of it any how. He decided to keep part of his funds in BTC as he was so impressed with the transfer-ability and ability to access his money anywhere. And that is a problem, given how much BTC has dropped recently. Lesson for all - if you are "investing" into an asset that cannot be valued, be it gold, art, crypto etc, you really are at the mercy of animal spirits. Your asset could reach an infinitely high or low values, dependent entirely on what another person ("sucker"?) is willing to pay. On the other hand, if you buy a yield-producing asset, its short term market value should not really matter to you, as the nominal value of the yield it produces would remain unchanged. And long-term, you know that the market value will be realized over time, as driven by the yield. This is a mathematical certainty. Understanding this very basic concept is the key to long term successful value investing.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2533 on: December 06, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »
You've "explained" nothing, you're just making statements.  Greater fool huh?  Why do banks hoard it?  Why do people cherish it?  Gold has a 5000 year history of being a store of wealth and value.  Your argument is very weak.

Of course it has no yield, it's a piece of metal.  All anti-gold people always pulls this one out of their ass, including Warren Buffet.  It's a store of wealth, insurance and it maintains your purchasing power.

Actually many banks don't "hoard" gold - if anything, many sell it off. This thing about so and so person, group, etc "hoarding x" is something we use to create a sense of false demand and desirability. (Worked with crypto, and it worked with gold - was a key tactic used by "The World Gold Council".

As for being a store of wealth for 5000 years, 5000 years is but a blip in 1,000,000 years of human history - in that time we have had shells, bones, bananas, seeds, diamonds, marbles, paintings - all sorts of objects used for trading ans storing wealth. This tells you nothing about inherent value, and that is where you are getting confused. Gold does not produce anything. If you want to create real value your money need to be productively invested, and for most people the best options are either their own businesses, or invested into the business of others (which is very easy to do via listed equity exchanges". There is not a single investor in the world that has gotten rich buying a lump of gold and sitting it. However, there are millions of investors who have gotten rich by effectively deploying their money into income producing ventures - its really common sense.

Finally, in terms of "maintaining purchasing power" sadly,  even for this purpose gold has not performed well - both in nominal values, but even more so when converted into "real values" - ie taking into account inflating the the real purchasing power over time.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #2534 on: December 06, 2018, 09:00:21 PM »
so you sold all your bitcoins at 19500?

Sold all between 13,500 and 15,000. Missed selling a the absolute peak, but still made a very nice profit :)

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #2535 on: December 06, 2018, 09:01:57 PM »
Not dead yet... still too many HODLing fools left out there.  This crypto fad, Ponzi, bubble mania was truly one for history books.  It blows tulip mania out of the water.  It makes the late 90's tech bubble look tame.  People need to learn from it.  Sadly, there are millions and millions of new suckers born every generation who do not understand the "greater fool theory" and how it works.  There's also something called greed that is very powerful and usually self-destructive.   

yeah and some of those "fools" are billionaires.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2536 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »
It was just a bubble, a typical Ponzi scheme with dodgy characters colluding together trying to hype it up across internet boards.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2537 on: December 06, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
It was just a bubble, a typical Ponzi scheme with dodgy characters colluding together trying to hype it up across internet boards.

It was indeed. Any asset that produces no yield is inherently a bubble. And yes any such “asset” is very prone to hype (both on the upside and on the downside).

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2538 on: December 07, 2018, 04:41:49 AM »
It was indeed. Any asset that produces no yield is inherently a bubble. And yes any such “asset” is very prone to hype (both on the upside and on the downside).

There were people deliberately colluding, working together to hype it up on internet boards.

As we told you from the beginning, it was just a bubble, which you refuted.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2539 on: December 07, 2018, 05:40:03 AM »
Bitcoin won't die - that is a mathematical certainty.

it can lose 99.9% of its value.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2540 on: December 07, 2018, 05:54:57 AM »
There were people deliberately colluding, working together to hype it up on internet boards.

This gib guy is a classic sociopath.  He would've made a great politician.   lol

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2541 on: December 07, 2018, 06:09:33 AM »

I didn’t refute that at all. Go back and read the whole thread. I have always maintained and explained that assets that don’t produce yields are inherently bubbles. I did however predict, correctly that bitcoin would rise from the time I started the thread (and I was right). Go back and read it...

Then, I decided to sell, and I posted that decision in this thread at the time I made it. It turns out that was also a pretty good decision.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #2542 on: December 07, 2018, 06:38:02 AM »
the bitcoin cash one crashed the worst.

the hype was a bit like pyramid scheme promotion. no one really uses bitcoin for anything besides dodgy internet trade. and recently my roid dealer took a standard bank transfer and the indian medshop took paypal, so it hasn't even become the main currency on the internet black market.

the other factor is that if it really took off then governments would put more regulations on it. this would hamper the main purpose behind it, i.e. anonymity.

I wish I got in early though  ;D My brother said years ago that we should mine bitcoins but I told him it was bs.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2543 on: December 07, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »
How funny

OP was Sept 1, 2017 saying Bitcoin is at $5,000!!!!

Almost 2019 shits barely above 3,000.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2544 on: December 07, 2018, 11:21:57 AM »
the bitcoin cash one crashed the worst.

the hype was a bit like pyramid scheme promotion. no one really uses bitcoin for anything besides dodgy internet trade. and recently my roid dealer took a standard bank transfer and the indian medshop took paypal, so it hasn't even become the main currency on the internet black market.

Not like a pyramid scheme, it WAS a pyramid/Ponzi scheme bolstered by nothing but outrageous hype and nonsense(a new revolution!... totally private and decentralized, free from government intervention, etc.).  If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.  I laid it all out 80 pages ago.  

Whether it be tulips, Beanie babies, dot.coms, housing prices, comic books, baseball cards, pet rocks or blipcoins... It's never "different this time".  

It's tough to resist, but I'm done posting about this for now.  I'll post here again when blips fall another 50%, then another 50%, then another.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2545 on: December 07, 2018, 12:14:03 PM »
Not like a pyramid scheme, it WAS a pyramid/Ponzi scheme bolstered by nothing but outrageous hype and nonsense(a new revolution!... totally private and decentralized, free from government intervention, etc.).  If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.  I laid it all out 80 pages ago.  

Whether it be tulips, Beanie babies, dot.coms, housing prices, comic books, baseball cards, pet rocks or blipcoins... It's never "different this time".  

It's tough to resist, but I'm done posting about this for now.  I'll post here again when blips fall another 50%, then another 50%, then another.

Exactly, a complete ponzi scheme.

And the usual bullshit talk from the culprits trying to hype it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2546 on: December 07, 2018, 12:28:17 PM »
The key is to get on the ponzi scheme at the beginning and get out at the peak.  How many early investors of bitcoin made a fortune?  A better question is what is the next ponzi scheme coming down the pike so I can jump on board?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2547 on: December 08, 2018, 03:01:53 AM »
The key is to get on the ponzi scheme at the beginning be the principal perpetrator and get out at the peak.  

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2548 on: December 08, 2018, 04:12:57 AM »
The key is to get on the ponzi scheme at the beginning and get out at the peak.  How many early investors of bitcoin made a fortune?  A better question is what is the next ponzi scheme coming down the pike so I can jump on board?

Very good post. This is always the key with any ponzie scheme (or indeed even also any irrational pricing of an asset that can be valued).

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2549 on: December 08, 2018, 03:17:48 PM »
Making money as a fitness youtube celebrity.