Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 789629 times)

a_pupil

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #3450 on: October 25, 2020, 03:12:51 AM »
I wonder who now owns the bitcoins Goodrum had.

VVV's vast assets are only the concern of him and the IRS

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3451 on: October 25, 2020, 03:35:02 AM »
VVV's vast assets are only the concern of him and the IRS

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3452 on: October 25, 2020, 07:58:23 AM »
Bitcoin is now over $12,800 and Ethereum over $400.

Anabolic where are you?!

Ethereum is fucking awesome.  I got those early in the game  along with Litecoin and it blew up.

I'm not sure why people think I just sold all my bitcoin for because I didnt.  I'm actively trading crypto along with other currency on the forex market.  I'm also bringing people into an organization I'm working with that is marketing v999 and g999 bitcoins.   You can go to http://www.ourmoneyisgold.info if you wanna know more about it.  But if you're not into bitcoin,  you're missing out
A

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3453 on: October 25, 2020, 08:13:38 AM »
Ethereum is fucking awesome.  I got those early in the game  along with Litecoin and it blew up.

I'm not sure why people think I just sold all my bitcoin for because I didnt.  I'm actively trading crypto along with other currency on the forex market.  I'm also bringing people into an organization I'm working with that is marketing v999 and g999 bitcoins.   You can go to http://www.ourmoneyisgold.info if you wanna know more about it.  But if you're not into bitcoin,  you're missing out
Another one of your million dollar ventures.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3454 on: October 25, 2020, 08:27:33 AM »
First the Buzz Aldrin clip you posted and now this doozy, today is just not your day lol.

The Fed digital dollar is no different to the US dollars you have in your bank account today. What they are trying to do is come up with a process where they can create currency immediately and deposit directly into people's bank accounts vs today whrre they purchase bonds to inject the currency.

The 'digital dollar' is not a crypto nor does it compete with cryptos. It is exactly the same as you have in your bank account today.

I posted the Aldrin clip because Marty C. referenced the video without posting it. 

It's "my day" everyday of the week   :-*  8)

By 2022 Fedcoin will be here, just like I said many times.  Cashless society is TPTB's goal. 

I routinely dump a few $1000FV bags of silver all over my bed and roll in it... Scrooge Mc Duck style.  The feeling is indescribable!   ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3455 on: October 25, 2020, 08:30:43 AM »
You could have made more profits with Ethereum. It's up over 300% this year.

Regarding gold and silver:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/when-owning-gold-was-ille_b_10708196?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEYpSg0u2Pd0SpsuDUxSVgFcIg7U4cBNL6OVKLg7eKQhch0Uk9gl9lv5RqbUSJKV-ksndxTWonB8az7rsYFN_v07WlJ2pjNwoBbjFLu1JlTLK9l0t-txcYRenjxkLScRpJ_5XxNe-r3XuSRJ9UEanyZro9mUDKUkfH2RQsvxnEcj

FDR Outlaws Gold

One of FDR’s first acts as president, therefore, was to declare the fact that Americans were withdrawing their gold and currency from the beleaguered banking system “a national emergency.” He ordered all banks to close from March 6-9 “in order to prevent the export, hoarding, or earmarking of gold or silver coin or bullion or currency.” 

Because he believed this action was not sufficient to prevent runs on banks and the resulting drain of gold from the system, on April 5, 1933, one month after taking office, Roosevelt used the powers granted to the president by the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1917 to make gold ownership illegal. He issued Executive Order 6102, which made gold ownership—both in coins and in bars—illegal for all Americans and punishable by up to ten years in prison. Anyone caught with gold would also have to pay a fine of twice the amount of gold that was not turned over to the Federal Reserve in exchange for paper money.

Huffpost? - only brain dead libtards read that propaganda BS - lol

When Fedcoin becomes legal tender, blips and crypts will be gone so fast your head will spin.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3456 on: October 25, 2020, 02:20:59 PM »
By 2022 Fedcoin will be here, just like I said many times.  Cashless society is TPTB's goal. 

We are almost cashless now and consumers drove it there, not the govt. It just happens to be inline with what the govt wanted.

So in 2022 what happens?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3457 on: October 25, 2020, 05:15:52 PM »
We are almost cashless now and consumers drove it there, not the govt. It just happens to be inline with what the govt wanted.

So in 2022 what happens?

In 2022 your girl will be selling her ass on the street corner for silver coins.  Make sure she charges a 20% VAT for that service.

lol

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3458 on: October 25, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »
In 2022 your girl will be selling her ass on the street corner for silver coins.  Make sure she charges a 20% VAT for that service.

lol

So you don't know how any of it is going to work.....  and by using your super human power of not knowing how any of it works, you predict it will crash everything in 15 months time.....

Bro.........

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3459 on: October 25, 2020, 09:45:28 PM »

When Fedcoin becomes legal tender, blips and crypts will be gone so fast your head will spin.

Wrong. If anything, a Fed coin will both legitimize and increase interest in Bitcoin.

Any money the Fed produces will not be limited in supply. This is the key power that Governments and Central Banks always wish to retain. And this is also why over time, any such currencies will decline in value in nominal terms (due to increased printing/creation of money). Further a Fed coin will likely track an individual's identification on the blockchain ledger, and may also have restrictions on how it is spent. (Not just for illegal spending, but also for example to ensure that a person on a Government benefit can only use it for certain types of foods (not alcohol) or services (such as approved medical). Such restrictions are arguably not a bad thing, indeed they may even be desirable in terms of social control, but they limit the desirability of such money as a unit of exchange. Money in this form may also fail to be accepted in some countries outside of the US (although it is also possible it will be permitted to be used/adopted by some countries). But either way, anyone can see that the use of any Government-created crypto, (as opposed to a decentralized crypto that no single nation owns or controls such as Bitcoin), will be highly politicized and cloaked with suspicion.

As I told you long ago (and we are now seeing it) the early movers (who are increasingly in control of the economy and the world, tech, fintech, hedge funds, private wealth bankers, as well as increasingly gen x's, y's and especially z's who understand or who grew up in a digitized world), are slowly but surely increasing their exposure and confidence in Bitcoin. You will see a lot more over the coming months and years ahead. Thereafter you will see larger pension , mutual, and endowment funds buy in (they will actually start to have no real choice but to do so). And after that, you will certain Governments will start acquiring stakes, just as they have with gold. You have already seen this happening with Square, PayPal. Morgan Stanley, among others buying up chunks (both publicly announced, and of course covertly via company executives personal allocations). They are doing this in advance of the cusp of global rolling out much broader platforms for trading and usage of BTC among their customer base.

As I have said before, everyone who is currently able (and that includes most Americans, who don't realize how fortunate they actually are in their current place in the world in terms of wealth), should have some exposure to Bitcoin. There are many reasons for this, as explained in earlier posts.

PS - Never for get. First .1 cent, then 1 cent, then 10 cents, then $1, then $10, then $100, then $1000, then $10,000... You get the idea.

With love, blip. :) xxx

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3460 on: October 26, 2020, 12:11:27 AM »
Wrong. If anything, a Fed coin will both legitimize and increase interest in Bitcoin.

Any money the Fed produces will not be limited in supply. This is the key power that Governments and Central Banks always wish to retain. And this is also why over time, any such currencies will decline in value in nominal terms (due to increased printing/creation of money). Further a Fed coin will likely track an individual's identification on the blockchain ledger, and may also have restrictions on how it is spent. (Not just for illegal spending, but also for example to ensure that a person on a Government benefit can only use it for certain types of foods (not alcohol) or services (such as approved medical). Such restrictions are arguably not a bad thing, indeed they may even be desirable in terms of social control, but they limit the desirability of such money as a unit of exchange. Money in this form may also fail to be accepted in some countries outside of the US (although it is also possible it will be permitted to be used/adopted by some countries). But either way, anyone can see that the use of any Government-created crypto, (as opposed to a decentralized crypto that no single nation owns or controls such as Bitcoin), will be highly politicized and cloaked with suspicion.

As I told you long ago (and we are now seeing it) the early movers (who are increasingly in control of the economy and the world, tech, fintech, hedge funds, private wealth bankers, as well as increasingly gen x's, y's and especially z's who understand or who grew up in a digitized world), are slowly but surely increasing their exposure and confidence in Bitcoin. You will see a lot more over the coming months and years ahead. Thereafter you will see larger pension , mutual, and endowment funds buy in (they will actually start to have no real choice but to do so). And after that, you will certain Governments will start acquiring stakes, just as they have with gold. You have already seen this happening with Square, PayPal. Morgan Stanley, among others buying up chunks (both publicly announced, and of course covertly via company executives personal allocations). They are doing this in advance of the cusp of global rolling out much broader platforms for trading and usage of BTC among their customer base.

As I have said before, everyone who is currently able (and that includes most Americans, who don't realize how fortunate they actually are in their current place in the world in terms of wealth), should have some exposure to Bitcoin. There are many reasons for this, as explained in earlier posts.

PS - Never for get. First .1 cent, then 1 cent, then 10 cents, then $1, then $10, then $100, then $1000, then $10,000... You get the idea.

Sorry can't get excited about the Paypal corprotist shit sandwich getting served up for the masses. You can't deposit your own btc, you can't withdraw your own btc, when you 'spend' btc from paypal the merchant doesn't receive btc ....

It doesn't sound like btc ... it's just some joke token they are using in their internal spreadsheet for peeps who think they are in the btc market but are actually getting played by paypal. The deception and surreptitious datarape by silicon valley continues, can't cheer this one on

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #3461 on: October 26, 2020, 01:57:03 AM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3462 on: October 26, 2020, 02:55:08 AM »
Bitcoin Skeptic Turns Bitcoin Bull: Billion Dollar Company Buys 17K BTC in 74 Hours

Microstrategy recently made history in the bitcoin space when it became the first publicly-traded company to spend a material amount of its reserves to buy bitcoin.

The company has purchased a total of 38,250 BTC at an aggregate price of $425 million. The first purchase was announced on Aug. 11 for 21,454 bitcoins at an aggregate price of $250 million. The company then disclosed on Sept. 14 that it had purchased an additional 16,796 bitcoins at an aggregate price of $175 million.

Microstrategy CEO Michael Saylor explained on Friday:

To acquire 16,796 BTC (disclosed 9/14/20), we traded continuously 74 hours, executing 88,617 trades ~0.19 BTC each 3 seconds. ~$39,414 in BTC per minute, but at all times we were ready to purchase $30-50 million in a few seconds if we got lucky with a 1-2% downward spike.

Saylor was previously a bitcoin skeptic, however. He tweeted on Dec. 18, 2013: “Bitcoin days are numbered. It seems like just a matter of time before it suffers the same fate as online gambling.”

During a podcast interview with Morgan Creek Digital partner Anthony Pompliano, published Wednesday, Saylor admitted that he had forgotten about the tweet. “I really am ashamed to say I didn’t know I tweeted it until the day that I tweeted that I bought $250 million worth of bitcoin and then I discovered the hive mind crypto twitter consciousness where all of a sudden they all went through all my tweets and they found it,” he described. “They reminded me of it. They compared it and I’m like oh my god I literally forgot I ever said that.” Nonetheless, Saylor added, “I didn’t get all worked up about it. I’m like you’re right I was wrong, what an idiot I was, I wish I could go back and do it again.”

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-bull-microstrategy/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3463 on: October 26, 2020, 03:03:10 AM »

Square's Major Bitcoin Buy: Puts 1% of Total Assets Worth $50 Million in BTC

Square Inc. has put 1% of its total assets in bitcoin worth about $50 million. The company believes that “cryptocurrency is an instrument of economic empowerment and provides a way for the world to participate in a global monetary system.”

Square’s Major Bitcoin Buy
Square Inc. announced Thursday that it has bought approximately 4,709 bitcoins at an aggregate purchase price of $50 million. The NYSE-listed company (NYSE: SQ) with a market cap of $81 billion provides software and hardware payments products and small business services. The San Francisco-based company has offices in the U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, and the U.K.

“Square believes that cryptocurrency is an instrument of economic empowerment and provides a way for the world to participate in a global monetary system, which aligns with the company’s purpose,” Thursday’s announcement reads. This bitcoin investment represents about 1% of the company’s total assets at the end of Q2 2020.

Amrita Ahuja, Square’s Chief Financial Officer, commented:

We believe that bitcoin has the potential to be a more ubiquitous currency in the future … As it grows in adoption, we intend to learn and participate in a disciplined way. For a company that is building products based on a more inclusive future, this investment is a step on that journey.

The company’s mobile payment service, Cash App, launched bitcoin trading in 2018 allowing users to buy and sell BTC. In Q2 2020, the company announced that Cash App’s bitcoin revenue surged 600% and profits were 711%. In 2019, the company formed an independent team, Square Crypto, to focus on contributing to bitcoin open-source work. It also recently launched a non-profit organization, Cryptocurrency Open Patent Alliance (COPA), to encourage crypto innovation and open access to patented crypto inventions.

Square’s bitcoin purchase followed a similar action by another billion-dollar company. The Nasdaq-listed Microstrategy recently made bitcoin its primary treasury reserve asset and invested a total of $425 million in the cryptocurrency. Crypto Twitter is upbeat about Square buying bitcoin, expecting more large companies to follow suit.

https://news.bitcoin.com/square-bitcoin-50-million/

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3464 on: October 26, 2020, 03:35:51 AM »
Sorry can't get excited about the Paypal corprotist shit sandwich getting served up for the masses. You can't deposit your own btc, you can't withdraw your own btc, when you 'spend' btc from paypal the merchant doesn't receive btc ....

It doesn't sound like btc ... it's just some joke token they are using in their internal spreadsheet for peeps who think they are in the btc market but are actually getting played by paypal. The deception and surreptitious datarape by silicon valley continues, can't cheer this one on

Theoak - you don't to apologize for holding a view on a particular topic. Any view is fine, as it contributes to a good discussion. I know where you are coming from.

What Paypal is doing is just a first step in a long plan that could play out in many ways that are positive for BTC. In the short term, clearly, exposing millions of individual Paypal payment users and companies to BTC increases BTC awareness and legitimizes it as a global digital store of value. If people start pricing goods and services in BTC, as opposed to a multitude of global currencies, its a huge mindset shift towards BTC in itself.

Second, as you know, BTC is treated by most people as a store of value (like gold back in the analogue days, only now digital). Back when the US printed money, based on an underlying gold base, most people didn't go around actually buying things in physical gold. Rather they used paper issued against that base as the trading instrument. PayPal's first steps are similar and make trading on an underlying BTC base safe and secure, in a closed-loop trading environment, backed by BTC (to the extent that you trust PayPal as a company). Now remember, there is nothing at anytime, to prevent buyers and sellers once they have met, from deciding to buy/sell offline directly using BTC. Clearly this well happen in some cases (also supportive of BTC). Over time, I expect PayPal and others will build a type of "lightening network" that allows for super-fast and super low margin transaction network built on top of BTC.

Longer-term, PayPal will likely also have a BTC exchange arm (or may simply tie up with an existing exchange via a collaborative deal, given their huge and global customer-base). They are doing the roll out slowly, and phase 1 is simply accustoming all their customers to BTC as an underlying payment option, building the BTC ecosystem. There is a huge amount of money to be made in operating an exchange, and PayPal has the resources to get there in terms of legal compliance, KYC, licensing and technical platform etc let alone being perfectly placed in terms of customer-base.

Finally, and respectfully, whether you personally get excited about the PayPal move into BTC, is largely irrelevant insofar as the adoption of BTC or its future value. What is relevant on this, is how the masses are influenced. And on that, I guarantee you the answer is that it will be positive for BTC. Lets watch the PayPal strategy play out over time. PayPal is just one of the first of many institutional players moving in - we will see more over time. Some will do it more quietly, and others more boldly, but it will happen...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3465 on: October 26, 2020, 04:54:41 AM »
So you don't know how any of it is going to work.....  and by using your super human power of not knowing how any of it works, you predict it will crash everything in 15 months time.....

Bro.........

Yes,  I'm Dr. Manhattan!

Bro!........................ ........

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3466 on: October 26, 2020, 04:56:20 AM »

Right on cue. 

I thought you caught da covid and died.

You'll go back into hiding after it dumps again.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3467 on: October 26, 2020, 04:57:37 AM »
Theoak - you don't to apologize for holding a view on a particular topic. Any view is fine, as it contributes to a good discussion. I know where you are coming from.

What Paypal is doing is just a first step in a long plan that could play out in many ways that are positive for BTC. In the short term, clearly, exposing millions of individual Paypal payment users and companies to BTC increases BTC awareness and legitimizes it as a global digital store of value. If people start pricing goods and services in BTC, as opposed to a multitude of global currencies, its a huge mindset shift towards BTC in itself.

Second, as you know, BTC is treated by most people as a store of value (like gold back in the analogue days, only now digital). Back when the US printed money, based on an underlying gold base, most people didn't go around actually buying things in physical gold. Rather they used paper issued against that base as the trading instrument. PayPal's first steps are similar and make trading on an underlying BTC base safe and secure, in a closed-loop trading environment, backed by BTC (to the extent that you trust PayPal as a company). Now remember, there is nothing at anytime, to prevent buyers and sellers once they have met, from deciding to buy/sell offline directly using BTC. Clearly this well happen in some cases (also supportive of BTC). Over time, I expect PayPal and others will build a type of "lightening network" that allows for super-fast and super low margin transaction network built on top of BTC.

Longer-term, PayPal will likely also have a BTC exchange arm (or may simply tie up with an existing exchange via a collaborative deal, given their huge and global customer-base). They are doing the roll out slowly, and phase 1 is simply accustoming all their customers to BTC as an underlying payment option, building the BTC ecosystem. There is a huge amount of money to be made in operating an exchange, and PayPal has the resources to get there in terms of legal compliance, KYC, licensing and technical platform etc let alone being perfectly placed in terms of customer-base.

Finally, and respectfully, whether you personally get excited about the PayPal move into BTC, is largely irrelevant insofar as the adoption of BTC or its future value. What is relevant on this, is how the masses are influenced. And on that, I guarantee you the answer is that it will be positive for BTC. Lets watch the PayPal strategy play out over time. PayPal is just one of the first of many institutional players moving in - we will see more over time. Some will do it more quietly, and others more boldly, but it will happen...

You've been spewing the same nonsense here for the last 3 years.  If you truly believed all your bullshit you wouldn't have sold it all like did 50 odd pages ago. 

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3468 on: October 26, 2020, 05:01:12 AM »
You've been spewing the same nonsense here for the last 3 years

And I have been right every step of the way...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3469 on: October 26, 2020, 05:02:58 AM »
And I have been right every step of the way...

LOL! 

How could you forget saying...

Blips to $100,000... then $250,000... then $1,000,000!

You're a lying sociopath. 

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3470 on: October 26, 2020, 05:42:36 AM »
LOL! 

How could you forget saying...

Blips to $100,000... then $250,000... then $1,000,000![/b]

Lying sociopath.

Huh? The fact that BTC has not hit 100K or 250K or 1m makes me a both liar and also a sociopath?

I suggest you go back and read all of my earlier posts, but let me clarify for you again. It is certainly possible these levels will be reached over time. However, what I suggest you really focus on are actually the underlying concepts of Bitcoin, (which you so far have stubbornly refused to accept). You are not that stupid to not understand, and I suspect you secretly understand a reasonable amount, but I suspect you are also somewhat limited by technical knowledge and perhaps your age).

You also know that you have been wrong time and time and time again, in term of your calls that "now is the peak of Bitcoin". Need I bring out my collection of your prior failed "this is the peak now" predictions over the years? Indeed, you stopped even making further predictions about Bitcoin price (knowing that you have self-owned yourself many times by making such calls, which turned out to be incorrect). I challenge you again, since you are so fixated by price - what is the maximum price that you believe BTC will reach before it declines into nothing as you keen predicting?

Waiting for the excuse for him to refuse to make such a call... lol! Meanwhile BTC is nearly 300% higher then when this thread started...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3472 on: October 26, 2020, 05:44:44 AM »
Huh? The fact that BTC has not hit 100K or 250K or 1m makes me a both liar and also a sociopath?

I suggest you go back and read all of my earlier posts, but let me clarify for you again. It is certainly possible these levels will be reached over time. However, what I suggest you really focus on are actually the underlying concepts of Bitcoin, (which you so far have stubbornly refused to accept). You are not that stupid to not understand, and I suspect you secretly understand a reasonable amount, but I suspect you are also somewhat limited by technical knowledge and perhaps your age).

You also know that you have been wrong time and time and time again, in term of your calls that "now is the peak of Bitcoin". Need I bring out my collection of your prior failed "this is the peak now" predictions over the years? Indeed, you stopped even making further predictions about Bitcoin price (knowing that you have self-owned yourself many times by making such calls, which turned out to be incorrect). I challenge you again, since you are so fixated by price - what is the maximum price that you believe BTC will reach before it declines into nothing as you keen predicting?

Waiting for the excuse for him to refuse to make such a call... lol! Meanwhile BTC is nearly 300% higher then when this thread started...

If you really believed your bullshit you wouldn't have sold it all many pages ago.

Blips and all crypts are trading and speculation vehicles... nothing more.

Again, banks hoard gold and silver not blipcoins.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3474 on: October 26, 2020, 05:54:55 AM »
If you really believed your bullshit you wouldn't have sold it.

Blips are trading and speculation vehicle... nothing more.

I sold in early 2019 because I thought a short term extreme peak had been reached. (It was a little after the huge 2018 peak on the way down, making around 5x on my initial investment). I rebought again on the way back up. This time with the intent to hold long term. Having said that, if there was an extreme upward movement again (for example if it rallied up to 100K over the course of the next 6 months), I would likely again take some gains, not because I don't believe BTC won't keep rising long term, but rather because the rate of the accent has been excessive. But again, regardless of price, BTC has all the many benefits and qualities and hedges that I have explained in my earlier posts. For this reason it is important that everyone hold some. And that includes stubborn old men like yourself Mr A. And you know it! You may be stubborn and not man enough to admit you are wrong, but you are not that stupid. Especially when it comes to protection of wealth against "the system" and preparing for worst case scenarios. All of which makes me think you likely secretly already hold some, but refuse to admit it, possibly becoming an kind of unintentional troll in a bid to save face.