Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 794111 times)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #3625 on: November 24, 2020, 05:52:01 AM »
Bunch of little kiddies in here.  Enjoy your "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" victory lap.  It's all FOMO.

The OP claimed blips were going to $100,000, then $250,000, then $1,000,000... totally wrong.  If he truly believed this, he never would've sold them. 

I would bet that most of you posting in this thread don't even own any blips... if you do, it's a very small amount.  You ppl are acting like you just hit the powerball lottery, so ebullient! - lol

Blips will crash again, hard.  Mark my words.     

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3626 on: November 24, 2020, 06:18:56 AM »
I have nothing against Mr Anabolic, but you sir have described him in this post to a T.

And this is not just regarding Bitcoin, but pretty much anything else he preaches:

The Keto diet is bad for active people, and for pretty much everyone else too
The US is a banana republic
The US dollar is worthless
Investing in the stock market is stupid
No matter who wins the presidential election, there will be riots and looting all over the US like never before
Gold, silver, ammunition, tuna cans, and toilet paper are the only good investment

And so on, and so forth.  He's always right about everything, and everyone else is wrong, and if you prove him wrong he'll resort to insults and name calling.   ;D

Damn, I never knew I took up so much parking space in your head.  lol

Of course you have something against me... why?... because you don't like the things I say here.  And because of that, you do you best to denigrate and belittle me.  You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of.  I've learned a long time ago, there is no debating with ppl like you or the OP. 

BTW, investing in the stock market is not stupid, it's all about cycles and timing.  I trade futures everyday and do very well, thank you.  PMs are insurance against inflation and financial system collapse, don't understand why you hate them so much.  Ammo prices have gone up 3-4x over the past 10 years.  Government officials are defunding police and allowing BLM/antifa communists to loot, riot and commit arson, pull down public statues and nothing is being done about it, police are standing down.  The entire system is corrupt from top to bottom.  Compared to 50 years ago... yes, the US is a banana republic.  What utopia world are you living in?... I'd love to move there.

I couldn't care a less if people agree with me and I don't seek validation from anyone here, I simply call things as I see them. 

I digress.  Let's keep this thread on topic.  Blips to the moon!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3627 on: November 24, 2020, 07:22:54 AM »
Damn, I never knew I took up so much parking space in your head.  lol

Of course you have something against me... why?... because you don't like the things I say here.  And because of that, you do you best to denigrate and belittle me.  You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of.  I've learned a long time ago, there is no debating with ppl like you or the OP. 

BTW, investing in the stock market is not stupid, it's all about cycles and timing.  I trade futures everyday and do very well, thank you.  PMs are insurance against inflation and financial system collapse, don't understand why you hate them so much.  Ammo prices have gone up 3-4x over the past 10 years.  Government officials are defunding police and allowing BLM/antifa communists to loot, riot and commit arson, pull down public statues and nothing is being done about it, police are standing down.  The entire system is corrupt from top to bottom.  Compared to 50 years ago... yes, the US is a banana republic.  What utopia world are you living in?... I'd love to move there.

I couldn't care a less if people agree with me and I don't seek validation from anyone here, I simply call things as I see them. 

I digress.  Let's keep this thread on topic.  Blips to the moon!

Nah, I have nothing against you.  You are a prepper and a conspiracy theorist, but you are not a commie libtard so you are alright in my book.

But you are still a know it all who keeps making predictions that never come true.  You are always right about everything and everyone else is wrong, resorting to name calling and insults when you are proven wrong.

I only call BS when I see it regarding subjects I happen to be very familiar with.  If it's a subject I know little about, I keep quiet, listen and learn.  Have I argued with you about guns?  No, because you seem to be an expert on the subject and I know little about it.

And when it comes to the stock market, you are not an investor.  You are a speculator and you are gambling.  Glad you've had good luck.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3628 on: November 24, 2020, 07:27:22 AM »
Nah, I have nothing against you.  You are a prepper and a conspiracy theorist, but you are not a commie libtard so you are alright in my book.

But you are still a know it all who keeps making predictions that never come true.  You are always right about everything and everyone else is wrong, resorting to name calling and insults when you are proven wrong.

I only call BS when I see it regarding subjects I happen to be very familiar with.  If it's a subject I know little about, I keep quiet, listen and learn.  Have I argued with you about guns?  No, because you seem to be an expert on the subject and I know little about it.

And when it comes to the stock market, you are not an investor.  You are a speculator and you are gambling.  Glad you've had good luck.

I have nothing against Mr Anabolic, but I must say, that in that post above, you have just perfectly described him to a T!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3629 on: November 24, 2020, 07:43:58 AM »
Just stopping by to remind everyone that nobody knows who actually started BTC. Caveat emptor, haha.

Central banks are getting ready to roll out their own crypto, expanding this idea that the elites get real stuff while the common people get derivatives.

Expect another Mt. Gox moment soon that "proves" that only govt can issue "safe" currency.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3630 on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
Just stopping by to remind everyone that nobody knows who actually started BTC. Caveat emptor, haha.

Central banks are getting ready to roll out their own crypto, expanding this idea that the elites get real stuff while the common people get derivatives.

Expect another Mt. Gox moment soon that "proves" that only govt can issue "safe" currency.

A few comments.

Nobody knows "who actually started gold" either. :)

OK - Well actually of course we do know how gold came about.

We also know who the key person behind the creation of Bitcoin was (ie - who was Santoshi). For those who don't know I will tell you. It was a man by the name of Adam Back. (But lets keep that our little secret, as for many reasons it benefits BTC to be perceived as an amorphous creation).

I have already explained why a currency controlled by a central bank cannot be compared to a decentralized currency such Bitcoin, and why over time we will see an even greater shift of wealth in the powers that be to BTC once they see more Government money being digitized. (Read prior posts).

Regarding Mt Gox, I already explained long ago, way towards the beginning of Mr A's journey of self-acceptance several years back, that no Bitcoin was ever "lost" when that exchange when down. Rather what happened is that BTC on the exchange was stolen. The Bitcoin that was stolen still exists, only now in the hands of the thieves (or with whom they have transacted with). Think great train robbers or pirates on ships stealing gold, back in the time when Mr A was a boy and people still lived in the analogue world and back when to more privative-minded people, money had to be something you could touch to be "real". (The lesson, as I explained at the time, from Mt Gox, was not to leave your Bitcoin on an exchange - put it into cold storage and HODL. The same applies to gold by the way. If you have gold in an ETF, or stored in a bank, you have counterparty risk).

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3631 on: November 24, 2020, 08:29:18 AM »

You've called plenty of ppl names/insults when you didn't agree with them.  Everyone here is guilty of that. 

I've been trading for 25 years.  The people that think trading is gambling have no experience and are just talking out of their asses.  I also have core, dividend paying positions that I do not trade.  The PMs I own are insurance.   

People here are so hung up on the short term (typical human behavior wanting instant gratification), but they aren't really paying attention to the big picture.  Have I really been "proven" wrong?  When blips crash to $10,000, would I be right or wrong?.. how about $5000, or $1000?

Based on past history and human behavior, I know in my gut that many things I've stated here will happen, sooner or later.  It's not possible to know the exact dates.   

There is a very good book that everyone here needs to read, it called: "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds"- written in 1841.  Check it out. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3632 on: November 24, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »
I have nothing against Mr Anabolic, but I must say, that in that post above, you have just perfectly described him to a T!

You two ought to get a room - lol

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3633 on: November 24, 2020, 08:33:16 AM »
https://cointelegraph.com/news/stealth-phase-over-why-wall-street-fomo-will-make-20k-bitcoin-look-cheap

Wealthy zip-codes in New York and Silicon Valley drive BTC price.

While the public is largely unaware, several wealthy investors are heralding BTC as a new asset class. Paul Tudor Jones, Michael Saylor and Stanley Druckenmiller have made waves in 2020, revealing their positions in Bitcoin.

Do they realize something that the public did not in 2017? Was the average Joe simply too early then?

Jones said investing in BTC is like investing early in Apple stock. Saylor stated that his company, MicroStrategy, which bought up a total of $425 million in Bitcoin, will hold it for 100 years calling it “the world's best collateral.”

Meanwhile, Druckenmiller, the latest big-name Bitcoin convert, now argues that “If the gold bet works, the Bitcoin bet will probably work better.”

Gold is up just 23% in 2020 during a year of global economic upheaval, which is when this safe-haven metal was supposed to shine (pun intended).

But Bitcoin, or “digital gold,” has been stealing the show by gaining 125% year-to-date and up by almost 300% from its coronavirus-crash lows in March. What’s more, BTC’s market cap is just 2.36% of gold’s, which some long-term investors see as the best asymmetric risk-reward ratio bet in history.

What makes Bitcoin truly unique is that it doesn’t play by Wall Street’s rules. It’s software with its own set of rules. It is not a stock or an IPO. It’s a technology that’s open to all and voluntary to use. It has early adopters, not insiders. It has market cycles, not bailouts. It has existed for over a decade and grows stronger by the day.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3634 on: November 24, 2020, 08:36:48 AM »
A few comments.

We also know who the key person behind the creation of Bitcoin was (ie - who was Santoshi). For those who don't know I will tell you. It was a man by the name of Adam Back. (But lets keep that our little secret, as for many reasons it benefits BTC to be perceived as an amorphous creation).

I have already explained why a currency controlled by a central bank cannot be compared to a decentralized currency such Bitcoin, and why over time we will see an even greater shift of wealth in the powers that be to BTC once they see more Government money being digitized. (Read prior posts).

Regarding Mt Gox, I already explained long ago, way towards the beginning of Mr A's journey of self-acceptance several years back, that no Bitcoin was ever "lost" when that exchange when down. Rather what happened is that BTC on the exchange was stolen. The Bitcoin that was stolen still exists, only now in the hands of the thieves (or with whom they have transacted with). Think great train robbers or pirates on ships stealing gold, back in the time when Mr A was a boy and people still lived in the analogue world and back when to more privative-minded people, money had to be something you could touch to be "real". (The lesson, as I explained at the time, from Mt Gox, was not to leave your Bitcoin on an exchange - put it into cold storage and HODL. The same applies to gold by the way. If you have gold in an ETF, or stored in a bank, you have counterparty risk).

"We don't know how gold came about?"  ::) ???  You're really laying it on thick now - lol   

Gold is created in supernova explosions.  It is very rare compared to other elements.  It does not tarnish and cannot be destroyed.  It has over 5000+ years of history as a store of value and money.

Knock off the bullshit.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3635 on: November 24, 2020, 08:38:01 AM »
https://cointelegraph.com/news/stealth-phase-over-why-wall-street-fomo-will-make-20k-bitcoin-look-cheap

Wealthy zip-codes in New York and Silicon Valley drive BTC price.

While the public is largely unaware, several wealthy investors are heralding BTC as a new asset class. Paul Tudor Jones, Michael Saylor and Stanley Druckenmiller have made waves in 2020, revealing their positions in Bitcoin.

Do they realize something that the public did not in 2017? Was the average Joe simply too early then?

Jones said investing in BTC is like investing early in Apple stock. Saylor stated that his company, MicroStrategy, which bought up a total of $425 million in Bitcoin, will hold it for 100 years calling it “the world's best collateral.”

Meanwhile, Druckenmiller, the latest big-name Bitcoin convert, now argues that “If the gold bet works, the Bitcoin bet will probably work better.”

Gold is up just 23% in 2020 during a year of global economic upheaval, which is when this safe-haven metal was supposed to shine (pun intended).

But Bitcoin, or “digital gold,” has been stealing the show by gaining 125% year-to-date and up by almost 300% from its coronavirus-crash lows in March. What’s more, BTC’s market cap is just 2.36% of gold’s, which some long-term investors see as the best asymmetric risk-reward ratio bet in history.

Why do you even care?... you said you sold it all around 16K a few years ago.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3636 on: November 24, 2020, 08:39:16 AM »
I was joking at the idiocy of the post. Read my second line in the quote ...

"OK - Well actually of course we do know how gold came about."

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3637 on: November 24, 2020, 08:43:49 AM »
Why do you even care?... you said you sold it all around 16K a few years ago.

I rebought, and announced it at the time I did. I sold off after the last interm peak, made 5x return over 6 months, and then rebought on the way back up (this time planning to HODL very long term).

But again, regardless of my purchases, or my net worth etc, the focus should be on the validity of Bitcoin as an investment, store of value, and hedge against what is coming in the future.

You cannot be so stupid as to not own some BTC in your portfolio. Come on Mr A, you are nearly there. You can do it. Let your stubbornness go, swallow you pride, and take the first step into the future.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3638 on: November 24, 2020, 08:49:41 AM »
I rebought, and announced it at the time I did. I sold off after the last interm peak, made 5x return over 6 months, and then rebought on the way back up (this time planning to HODL very long term).

But again, regardless of my purchases, or my net worth etc, the focus should be on the validity of Bitcoin as an investment, store of value, and hedge against what is coming in the future.

You cannot be so stupid as to not own some BTC in your portfolio. Come on Mr A, you are nearly there. You can do it. Let your stubbornness go, swallow you pride, and take the first step into the future.

That's what you said before you sold almost all of them last time.  :D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3639 on: November 24, 2020, 08:55:29 AM »
A few comments.

I'm short on time to answer right now but all I can say is we need no confidence booster or reputation prop to know what gold is and that it is valuable. Technology is easy yes..but is a centralizing force that goes against natural law and common sense at this point.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3640 on: November 24, 2020, 09:00:13 AM »
You've called plenty of ppl names/insults when you didn't agree with them.  Everyone here is guilty of that. 

I've been trading for 25 years.  The people that think trading is gambling have no experience and are just talking out of their asses.  I also have core, dividend paying positions that I do not trade.  The PMs I own are insurance.   

People here are so hung up on the short term (typical human behavior wanting instant gratification), but they aren't really paying attention to the big picture.  Have I really been "proven" wrong?  When blips crash to $10,000, would I be right or wrong?.. how about $5000, or $1000?

Based on past history and human behavior, I know in my gut that many things I've stated here will happen, sooner or later.  It's not possible to know the exact dates.   

There is a very good book that everyone here needs to read, it called: "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds"- written in 1841.  Check it out.

You and I have disagreed on plenty of things.  When have I insulted you?

You've been gambling for 25 years.  Bravo.  Even Warren Buffet couldn't beat the S&P 500 index consistently, so he finally stopped trying and stopped talking about it, and instead advised others to invest in a low cost S&P 500 index fund.

Hung up on the short term?  I've promoted nothing but long term investing on these boards.

And where are all of the riots and looting you predicted many times would take place after the presidential election, no matter who won?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3641 on: November 24, 2020, 09:05:09 AM »
You two ought to get a room - lol

Why?  I don't invest in bitcoin.

Ah, yes.  You believe people who call you out on your BS are all gay and should get a room.  You are never wrong, but everyone else is.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3642 on: November 24, 2020, 10:02:07 AM »
$ 19,139.63

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3643 on: November 24, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »
I was joking at the idiocy of the post. Read my second line in the quote ...

"OK - Well actually of course we do know how gold came about."

Vince have U bought any new Picassos for office walls !.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3644 on: November 24, 2020, 01:04:29 PM »

Vince have U bought any new Picassos for office walls !.

Those aren't Picassos on his wall, just old pictures of Vissy ;D

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3645 on: November 24, 2020, 01:20:16 PM »
Why?  I don't invest in bitcoin.

Ah, yes.  You believe people who call you out on your BS are all gay and should get a room. You are never wrong, but everyone else is.

It's a fukin joke - lol   You're truly an ignoramus.  Total waste of time trying to talk any sense or logic to you at all.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3646 on: November 24, 2020, 01:21:58 PM »
You're truly ignorant.  Total waste of time trying to talk any sense or logic to you at all.

Yes, yes.  Everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.  But you are such a genius.  Your mother must be proud.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3647 on: November 24, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
Yes, yes.  Everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.  But you are such a genius.  Your mother must be proud.

Lots of insecurities in you pal... a lot. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3648 on: November 24, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »
Lots of insecurities in you pal... a lot.

Says the guy hoarding ammo, tuna cans and toilet paper.

You predicted there would be riots and looting like never before after the presidential election, no matter who won.

Where are the riots, Mr Anabolic?  Where is the looting?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #3649 on: November 24, 2020, 01:37:31 PM »
That's what you said before you sold almost all of them last time.  :D

That's right.  The guy has lied many times during the course of this thread.  I've been steadfast and unwavering in my opinions and beliefs all the way through this thread.  All these bozos will ever say is "YOU WAS WRONG Mr A... so NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!"   I'm actually flattered to occupy so much space in their tiny little brains, they must think about me all day long.