Author Topic: Bristol Palin announces second pregnancy, schadenfreude-tinged pile-on begins  (Read 8270 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Bristol Palin announces second pregnancy, schadenfreude-tinged pile-on begins
By Christie D'Zurilla

Bristol Palin is pregnant again, she wrote Thursday on her blog, noting that the announcement was coming "a lot sooner" than she had planned "due to the constant trolls who have nothing better to talk about!!!"

The tone from the reality-TV personality and "Dancing With the Stars" alum was far from the celebratory one heard in similar announcements by so many women in the media spotlight who find themselves unmarried and expecting.

"I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you," wrote the 24-year-old, whose marriage to former Marine Sgt. Dakota Meyer was called off without explanation a little more than a month ago.

"I do not want any lectures," she said, "and I do not want any sympathy."

Palin has taken heat about out-of-wedlock pregnancy since her first one went public during the Republican National Convention in 2008, while she was single and her mother had the VP spot on the presidential ticket.

Palin and Levi Johnston, the father of her 6½-year-old son, Tripp, were prominent as a couple on the RNC stage but never married, despite being engaged twice. Given her outspoken (and sometimes paid) stance on abstinence, Bristol Palin's single motherhood has been vilified as the height of hypocrisy.

Gawker framed the anti-abortion advocate's baby announcement Thursday as "a great argument for abortion," while Radar Online, which said Palin's announcement was prompted by its inquiries about preggers rumors out of Wasilla, branded her as "an unwed mother once more." Many on Twitter were slamming her for getting pregnant while making a quarter-million dollars as an abstinence ambassador -- a job she had in 2009.

"Honestly, I've been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one," Palin wrote Thursday. "At the end of the day there’s nothing I can't do with God by my side, and I know I am fully capable of handling anything that is put in front of me with dignity and grace.

"Life moves on no matter what.  So no matter how you feel, you get up, get dressed, show up, and never give up."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I would say who gives a shit if it weren't for the fact that she used to give speeches on abstinence
You would think she would at least use birth control

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the biggest issue here is her taking the phil heath route, blaming the trolls and haters.

she's a political speaker with her own PAC, founded upon "wait until marriage for sex".   Maybe she learned a great lesson with baby #1 and found out how nice abstinence can be... but getting preggo a second time tells us maybe she didn't feel that strongly about the subject. 

You don't accidentally get preggo if you're not having sex.  She's giving speeches and taking donor dollars because she is the face of abstinence for this generation - let's face it, she is. 

So just like a politician voting for tougher drug laws then busted buying coke, it's a shame, but at the same time, she did keep the child, so I'll give her props there.  I hope she quietly retires into the sunset, although I'm fairly sure in 5 years she's running for Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, and I think (given the history of political family legacies in teh US), she will win and then try to be governor, etc. 

it's inevitable. 

And anything else from her about abstinence after this... lol... it may be time to choose a new cause haha!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
So today the left got Marriage Equality and the right got another bastard Palin child.

Obviously, her abstinence method must not work. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V

She doesn't want lectures, but she doesn't mind giving them. lol.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
She doesn't want lectures, but she doesn't mind giving them. lol.

Can you imagine the street cred you get for hooking up with the poster girl of abstinence? 

Your friend will be in awe.  Well, those that haven't had her themselves yet.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Can you imagine the street cred you get for hooking up with the poster girl of abstinence? 

Your friend will be in awe.  Well, those that haven't had her themselves yet.

True, that would be a badge of honor, haha.  Facebook, twitter, Google+, lol.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I would hit it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
she was paid $262,000 to tell others to wait til they were married.  Her organization donated $35,000 toward the cause as well.

so she did some good.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
she was paid $262,000 to tell others to wait til they were married.  Her organization donated $35,000 toward the cause as well.

so she did some good.

Question: do you honestly believe there is one young man or woman who abstained from sex because Bristol Palin told them to do so?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Question: do you honestly believe there is one young man or woman who abstained from sex because Bristol Palin told them to do so?

Well.....    no.

Obviously, she meant "abstain until you are knocked up once". Then, anything goes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I honestly never thought so many republicans - how many college educated americans that function so well in so many areas - would stand up and scream their support for palin, telling us how she was brilliant and prepared for office.

you had attorneys screaming they were in the 'palin panzer division'.  you had people with masters degrees telling us her education from 5 community colleges was superior to obama's. 

so i can never discount the absolute stupidity of smart people.  Yesterday I had a guy complaining about the gay marriage issue, then smoking pot in a parking lot and driving home obviously drunk.  Which is a greater danger to society, two chicks that wanna get hitched, or this drunk, stoned, angry guy that drives way too fast?

i've given up trying to understand, to predict, to unravel or fathom how/why people think the way they do. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I honestly never thought so many republicans - how many college educated americans that function so well in so many areas - would stand up and scream their support for palin, telling us how she was brilliant and prepared for office.

you had attorneys screaming they were in the 'palin panzer division'.  you had people with masters degrees telling us her education from 5 community colleges was superior to obama's. 

so i can never discount the absolute stupidity of smart people.  Yesterday I had a guy complaining about the gay marriage issue, then smoking pot in a parking lot and driving home obviously drunk.  Which is a greater danger to society, two chicks that wanna get hitched, or this drunk, stoned, angry guy that drives way too fast?

i've given up trying to understand, to predict, to unravel or fathom how/why people think the way they do. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA A

240 is Back

• Getbig V

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA A

it's freakin' nuts how logical, sane people turn into emotional, irrational flakes when politics is involved.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
it's freakin' nuts how logical, sane people turn into emotional, irrational flakes when politics is involved.

Some just aren't logical and sane in the first place.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

How do you get your education from 5 colleges ???

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Bits and pieces obviously.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

bouncing around community college for BS in journalism > Harvard Law degree.   

Also her experience as 18 months governor at the time > 7 years as state senator, 3 years as US senator. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Also her experience as 18 months governor at the time > 7 years as state senator, 3 years as US senator. 

Republican logic at work here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Skip8282

• Getbig V

BFD.  Great education and he still hasn't been able to get shit done except when libs controlled everything.

Reagan worked with a hostile Congress.  So did Bush and Clinton.

Yet only Obama can't accomplish shit.

All the predecessors managed too, but only the Messiah can't do squat.  ::)

*I should note, his incompetence is not necessarily a bad thing.  In fact, goes to show you that we really don't need politicians passing even more laws.  How great would it be to see a candidate get up and say that we have too many laws!  It's time to stop!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
BFD.  Great education and he still hasn't been able to get shit done except when libs controlled everything.

this isn't a thread about obama's achievements.  It's about repubs inability to accept palins are dumbshit hypocrits.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
this isn't a thread about obama's achievements.  It's about repubs inability to accept palins are dumbshit hypocrits.

Uh yeah...not a thread about Sarah's education either drip.

::)

Absolutely no luv from you.  Zero.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Hind sight...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
bristol actually got preggo outside of marriage during both the obama AND bush presidencies.

tough to blame obama for that.