Author Topic: Massive Chicken Recall:  (Read 2433 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Massive Chicken Recall:
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »
Massive Chicken Recall: 1.7 Million Pounds of Barber Products May Be Contaminated With Salmonella

The recall comes after the USDA received reports that a cluster of people in Minnesota and Wisconsin became sick between mid-April and late June after eating Barber products. (Photo: Barber Foods)

Barber Foods is recalling more than 1.7 million pounds of frozen, raw, stuffed chicken that may be contaminated with salmonella, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Services announcement.

The recall comes after the USDA received reports of people in Minnesota and Wisconsin who became sick between mid-April and late June after eating Barber products.

Nearly 30 products are included in the recall, which may be labeled under the brands Barber Foods, Sysco, or Meijer.

more:  https://www.yahoo.com/health/massive-chicken-recall-1-7-million-pounds-of-124066690182.html

Sysco supplies restaurants and Meijer grocery stores are located in IL, IN, OH, MI, WI, KY
:

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Massive Chicken Recall:
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:10:34 PM »
Sysco is also a big supplier for many restaurants, cafeteria's etc... I see their trucks everywhere, including the cafe here where I work.

Glad I bring my own food... Thanks for the heads-up...