Author Topic: MLB Playoffs  (Read 47423 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Yankees vs Toronto for AL East title - who you got?
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2015, 09:27:16 PM »
I don't mind paying Toronto if the Yankees get in.   Despite losing the season series, they've lost a lot of close games.

yeah, there have been a lot of thrillers between the two clubs this season, so let's hope they meet for 4 outta 7 in the ALCS.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
well....thats decided  ;D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Pretty cool to clinch a post season birth with win number 10,000.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2015, 08:39:33 AM »
Pretty cool to clinch a post season birth with win number 10,000.

Oh shits!  Welcome back 2C!
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »
I do not like 1 game playoff,why uncork all that bubbly and lose next tues and out....Yankees have never had to do this in the past,,the way they realighned leagues sucks...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
I do not like 1 game playoff,why uncork all that bubbly and lose next tues and out....Yankees have never had to do this in the past,,the way they realighned leagues sucks...

obviously MLB wants to officially call the WC game the "playoffs" (for hype, marketing, revenues ... "Wild Card game presented by Budweiser") ... but then why don't the WC teams have to choose their 25-man playoff roster before this huge do or die game?

probably because it's really more like game 163 of the season (a la Yankees-Red Sox 1978) as a "play-in" to the playoffs.

if the Blue Jays were "one and done" in a WC game, then don't think many Jays fans would consider that really ending their 22 year playoff drought.

as mentioned, if MLB changed the WC format to a quick 2 out of 3 series (Bob Costas suggests having a doubleheader so that it still could be decided in one day) then "uncork(ing) all that bubbly" would make more sense.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »
Oh shits!  Welcome back 2C!

Thanks man.  :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2015, 10:40:41 AM »
obviously MLB wants to officially call the WC game the "playoffs" (for hype, marketing, revenues ... "Wild Card game presented by Budweiser") ... but then why don't the WC teams have to choose their 25-man playoff roster before this huge do or die game?

probably because it's really more like game 163 of the season (a la Yankees-Red Sox 1978) as a "play-in" to the playoffs.

if the Blue Jays were "one and done" in a WC game, then don't think many Jays fans would consider that really ending their 22 year playoff drought.

as mentioned, if MLB changed the WC format to a quick 2 out of 3 series (Bob Costas suggests having a doubleheader so that it still could be decided in one day) then "uncork(ing) all that bubbly" would make more sense.
I AGREE...YANKS 2 YR PLAYOFF DROUGHT IS TO BE DECIDED BY ASTROS,,I KNOW KC DID WELL,BUT YANKS WHO WERE NOT EVEN FAVORED OR CONSIDERED THIS FAR ,GOT MY HOPES WITH A YOUNGER AND GOOD VETERAN GROUP,MESHED WELL ,ESP WITH STARTING PITCHING GOING UP/DOWN...I HOPE THEY WIN AND GO ON...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2015, 10:48:19 AM »
exciting weekend ahead to determine the 2nd WC team (Astros, Angels, Twins)

Houston's in the driver's seat (facing Arizona) but would they bring back Keuchel on 3-days rest to start the WC game?

so who would you Yankees fans prefer as an opponent: the Astros or Angels?
(assuming most would pick the Twins)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2015, 11:27:57 AM »
exciting weekend ahead to determine the 2nd WC team (Astros, Angels, Twins)

Houston's in the driver's seat (facing Arizona) but would they bring back Keuchel on 3-days rest to start the WC game?

so who would you Yankees fans prefer as an opponent: the Astros or Angels?
(assuming most would pick the Twins)
STROS...PULJOS/TROUT TOO DANGEROUS..

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2015, 05:00:27 PM »

how would that work? What if both teams win a game? Run differential??  Not a bad idea maybe

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2015, 05:51:38 PM »
how would that work? What if both teams win a game? Run differential??  Not a bad idea maybe

if they split the doubleheader, then there'd be a 3rd deciding game the next day.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2015, 06:25:13 PM »
if they split the doubleheader, then there'd be a 3rd deciding game the next day.

::)
point less then

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2015, 03:19:57 PM »
Wow LAA scored 5 in the 9th against Texas to win the game 11-10

wildcard coming down to last day

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2015, 06:55:24 PM »
Wow LAA scored 5 in the 9th against Texas to win the game 11-10

wildcard coming down to last day

yeah, that was one crazy game in Texas today. (I watched it on mlb.tv)

sets up quite the Sunday afternoon with the Rangers, Angels, Astros & Yankees still playing for something.

all games at 3:05 pm so everybody's gotta play to win.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »
Sherzer 2nd no hitter this year

too bad all thats there is him and Harper and a bunch of morons

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2015, 07:03:03 PM »
Sherzer 2nd no hitter this year

too bad all thats there is him and Harper and a bunch of morons

ya. major changes to that team next year im guessing....and heard

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »
someone tell me what Texas was thinking stealing with 2 out and down a run..................

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
someone tell me what Texas was thinking stealing with 2 out and down a run..................

they were trying to get the tying run in scoring position where it'd just take one hit to knock him in.

dude had the base stolen easily, but he slid past the bag.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »
they were trying to get the tying run in scoring position where it'd just take one hit to knock him in.

dude had the base stolen easily, but he slid past the bag.

gee ya..... thanks
2 outs. down 1 run. bottom of the 9th?? Are u fukin kidding me?? Stupid move

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2015, 04:45:48 PM »
Kind of speechless now that the season is over.  :'(

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »
IMO Gibbons made a couple bad moves the last few games. Starting Buehrle today after only a couple days rest...so he could get 200 innings pitched. He got rocked in the first inning which lost them the game.
The day after they clinched the east he sat their starters for a second straight game to "rest". They lost both those games. Those losses(3 combined) blew their chance at 1st in the AL.
Im curious to see how he manages once the playoffs start  :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »
IMO Gibbons made a couple bad moves the last few games. Starting Buehrle today after only a couple days rest...so he could get 200 innings pitched. He got rocked in the first inning which lost them the game.
The day after they clinched the east he sat their starters for a second straight game to "rest". They lost both those games. Those losses(3 combined) blew their chance at 1st in the AL.
Im curious to see how he manages once the playoffs start  :-\

If NY is lucky enough to get through the one game abomination game, I'd rather play KC in the 3 out of 5, and get Toronto in the 4 out of 7.  I think it would be epic.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2015, 06:37:43 PM »
If NY is lucky enough to get through the one game abomination game, I'd rather play KC in the 3 out of 5, and get Toronto in the 4 out of 7.  I think it would be epic.
they blew it big time cmon last few wks they sleepwalk into this stupid wc game ,,there pitching and injuries have caught up,,,i have to say next yr the rookies will make more impact,,beltran has been great,,gardner/ellsbury bombed in the last 2 months,,arod cooled,mcann crashed...there done unless they all get hot or team just says lets do it cause some of us are gone soon...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2015, 04:00:51 AM »
they blew it big time cmon last few wks they sleepwalk into this stupid wc game ,,there pitching and injuries have caught up,,,i have to say next yr the rookies will make more impact,,beltran has been great,,gardner/ellsbury bombed in the last 2 months,,arod cooled,mcann crashed...there done unless they all get hot or team just says lets do it cause some of us are gone soon...

Oh, I agree they have stunk.   I'm not expecting the same thing to happen, but the 2000 team lost 13 out their last 16 then went 11-5 in the playoffs and won it.

I'm just a believer that anything can happen in small series.
Y