Author Topic: Dorian yates HIT?  (Read 37135 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Re: Dorian yates HIT?
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2022, 05:54:37 AM »
I thought it was olive oil. That must be why my gains have stalled.

There is a subtle difference in the anabolic effect.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2022, 10:18:28 AM »
So you're saying Yates is a liar?

Are You retarded & lack any semblance of reading comprehension ?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: December 26, 2022, 11:27:09 AM »
i remember a interview dorian did years ago after he retired he said if he had to do it over agian he would have backed off the intensity  during his pre contest prep, i believe all his injuries happened  going into the olympia.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: December 26, 2022, 11:48:37 AM »
i remember a interview dorian did years ago after he retired he said if he had to do it over agian he would have backed off the intensity  during his pre contest prep, i believe all his injuries happened  going into the olympia.

yes he's often stated that.
as he was self driven & isolated from the other top olympia contenders
He did what he thought necessary - in hindsight it was that bit to much.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2022, 01:43:56 PM »
yes he's often stated that.
as he was self driven & isolated from the other top olympia contenders
He did what he thought necessary - in hindsight it was that bit to much.

heres  a question for you illuminati , say his 93 form had he just kept on refining that version and not getting bigger. i think he could have competed a bit longer that version of dorian would be very hard for anyone to beat

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2022, 01:45:06 PM »
Are You retarded & lack any semblance of reading comprehension ?

Answer the question, kid.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2022, 01:47:24 PM »

Not true. He had injuries in the offseason too. Rotator cuff injury, torn quad, torn forearms. Yates way of training was retarded because he relied on the drugs too much. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2022, 01:48:29 PM »

heres  a question for you illuminati , say his 93 form had he just kept on refining that version and not getting bigger. i think he could have competed a bit longer that version of dorian would be very hard for anyone to beat

Yes quite possibly + the fact Dorian deliberately over dieted - had he not & come in say 10lbs heavier !!
All ifs & buts - 93 is certainly up there with the best ever Olympia Physiques .

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #308 on: December 26, 2022, 06:25:19 PM »
You should know as you've had plenty of rim jobs in your time.

Nothing wrong with that. I've had many rimjobs. Chicks love nice asses nearly as much as we do.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #309 on: October 23, 2023, 08:03:55 AM »
Nothing wrong with that. I've had many rimjobs. Chicks love nice asses nearly as much as we do.

Manchick's maybe.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2023, 08:07:16 AM »
Here's Yates again training someone with his (s)hit system. This time doing a lot less than what he did in his career. 3 exercises for the chest and only 2 for the shoulders. Seems like Yates can't be arsed in training people so he gets them to do only a few exercises now.

i=tZfFqkQoy4DIbL2g

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2023, 12:56:01 AM »
Here's Yates again training someone with his (s)hit system. This time doing a lot less than what he did in his career. 3 exercises for the chest and only 2 for the shoulders. Seems like Yates can't be arsed in training people so he gets them to do only a few exercises now.

i=tZfFqkQoy4DIbL2g
Like you need someone to teach you how to workout like that. ::) People actually paid Mentzer for his personal training when they could have just read any article he ever wrote for free.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2023, 10:52:45 AM »
Like you need someone to teach you how to workout like that. ::) People actually paid Mentzer for his personal training when they could have just read any article he ever wrote for free.

(S)HIT guys are not the smartest.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2023, 11:27:23 AM »
you´re  honestly a fucking tool bro

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: October 24, 2023, 12:05:22 PM »
Negatives can cause nerve damage
They have no place in any training routine

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2023, 12:09:49 PM »
I don't know how anyone can do the traditional HIT - meaning the forced reps, holds, negatives- as a regular thing over a long period of time. You get burnt out and need lots of breaks periodically. You also get sick of maxing out.

I'm really old school- a few sets of each exercise to positive failure, or even stopping a rep or two short. I want to fatigue my muscles - not destroy them.

I've been training this way for years and feel very happy with my current condition because of it.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2023, 03:27:00 PM »
I don't know how anyone can do the traditional HIT - meaning the forced reps, holds, negatives- as a regular thing over a long period of time. You get burnt out and need lots of breaks periodically. You also get sick of maxing out.

I'm really old school- a few sets of each exercise to positive failure, or even stopping a rep or two short. I want to fatigue my muscles - not destroy them.

I've been training this way for years and feel very happy with my current condition because of it.

Exactly. Old school is the best school.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2023, 07:10:35 PM »
I like training one set to positive  failure after warm if needed. True it does lead to burn out. How often can you bang your head against a wall trying to get that last almost impossible rep? Having said that if you have an involved job that has travel time to get to and a family, how can you train two hours a day with volume? 

I split my body four ways like Yates. The workouts takes around 45 minutes and legs take me 60 minutes. I worked revolving crazy shifts for so long but now being retired I work two days a week. What I do on work days; wake up before work and get the workout in. On Monday I worked chest and biceps. Took 45 minutes then did some cardio on a treadmill. Having some health issues so the cardio consisted of mainly incline walking. If you want the best bang for your time it's clearly has value. I have nothing bad to say about volume except it does have a time commitment.

Yates, Dave Mastorakis and Mr. Canada Cardillo all trained with one set to failure. Mentzer trained two sets to failure. Dave was one of first bodybuilders I heard of training with one set to failure. Cardillo first trained with two sets to failure but then went to one set. He liked to do one set of high reps after a warm up.

On a side note Cardillo was the first bodybuilder I heard of that used a day of fasting one day a week. He was really cut up when he competed.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: October 25, 2023, 12:45:43 AM »
you´re  honestly a fucking tool bro
Go masturbate to some (s)HIT videos.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2023, 02:45:43 AM »
Go masturbate to some (s)HIT videos.
masturbation would build you more muscle than that volume stuff you´re doing bro  :D

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2023, 06:27:02 AM »
I like training one set to positive  failure after warm if needed. True it does lead to burn out. How often can you bang your head against a wall trying to get that last almost impossible rep? Having said that if you have an involved job that has travel time to get to and a family, how can you train two hours a day with volume? 

I split my body four ways like Yates. The workouts takes around 45 minutes and legs take me 60 minutes. I worked revolving crazy shifts for so long but now being retired I work two days a week. What I do on work days; wake up before work and get the workout in. On Monday I worked chest and biceps. Took 45 minutes then did some cardio on a treadmill. Having some health issues so the cardio consisted of mainly incline walking. If you want the best bang for your time it's clearly has value. I have nothing bad to say about volume except it does have a time commitment.

Yates, Dave Mastorakis and Mr. Canada Cardillo all trained with one set to failure. Mentzer trained two sets to failure. Dave was one of first bodybuilders I heard of training with one set to failure. Cardillo first trained with two sets to failure but then went to one set. He liked to do one set of high reps after a warm up.

On a side note Cardillo was the first bodybuilder I heard of that used a day of fasting one day a week. He was really cut up when he competed.

Yates, methzer, Cardillo and Masterokis built their bodies with volume first. None did hit from day 1 exclusively. Show me a top bodybuilder who has used hit from day 1 and nothing else to build their bodies. I can wait.,..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2023, 06:54:17 PM »
Yates, methzer, Cardillo and Masterokis built their bodies with volume first. None did hit from day 1 exclusively. Show me a top bodybuilder who has used hit from day 1 and nothing else to build their bodies. I can wait.,..

You're telling me they just maintained what they built with volume?  All mentioned gained from switching from volume to high intensity low volume. All of them you mentioned.  Yates never did high volume. He used 3 sets per exercise then went to 2 then 1.  Mentzer made his best gains when he lowered the sets. Cardillo was always a low set guy as well as Dave. Not saying they never had cycles where they played with volume. Having said this volume certainly has more champs than low intensity guys.

Danny Padilla said he tried heavy weights and training to failure with low sets. He says flat out he made better gains with volume.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2023, 06:38:25 AM »

"You're telling me they just maintained what they built with volume?"

Exactly. High volume to build up. Lower volume to maintain. This is standard knowledge in bodybuilding circles.

"All mentioned gained from switching from volume to high intensity low volume. All of them you mentioned."

Yep. All.

"Yates never did high volume."

Certainly did. Let's look at his night of the champions chest routine.

Decline press 5 sets pyramiding the weight up
Incline press 4 sets pyramiding the weight up
Flys 2 sets (after each 2 main sets he did 2 drop sets totalling up to 6 sets
Cable crossovers same as flys

Add that together that's 21 sets. Not low volume at all.

"He used 3 sets per exercise then went to 2 then 1."

Not according to his actual traning journals.

"Mentzer made his best gains when he lowered the sets."

methzer was already built by 19 years old. Hit didn't add anything. More likely he did more dosages of roids to just to get a bit bigger. Same with Yates.

Cardillo was always a low set guy as well as Dave.

Nope. Both did high volume in their early years to build up.

"Not saying they never had cycles where they played with volume. Having said this volume certainly has more champs than low intensity guys."

All champs have done volume.

"Danny Padilla said he tried heavy weights and training to failure with low sets. He says flat out he made better gains with volume."

And they we have it. Volume, along with load and tension, is the prime driver of growth.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2023, 09:55:28 AM »
"You're telling me they just maintained what they built with volume?"

Exactly. High volume to build up. Lower volume to maintain. This is standard knowledge in bodybuilding circles.

"All mentioned gained from switching from volume to high intensity low volume. All of them you mentioned."

Yep. All.

"Yates never did high volume."

Certainly did. Let's look at his night of the champions chest routine.

Decline press 5 sets pyramiding the weight up
Incline press 4 sets pyramiding the weight up
Flys 2 sets (after each 2 main sets he did 2 drop sets totalling up to 6 sets
Cable crossovers same as flys

Add that together that's 21 sets. Not low volume at all.

"He used 3 sets per exercise then went to 2 then 1."

Not according to his actual traning journals.

"Mentzer made his best gains when he lowered the sets."

methzer was already built by 19 years old. Hit didn't add anything. More likely he did more dosages of roids to just to get a bit bigger. Same with Yates.

Cardillo was always a low set guy as well as Dave.

Nope. Both did high volume in their early years to build up.

"Not saying they never had cycles where they played with volume. Having said this volume certainly has more champs than low intensity guys."

All champs have done volume.

"Danny Padilla said he tried heavy weights and training to failure with low sets. He says flat out he made better gains with volume."

And they we have it. Volume, along with load and tension, is the prime driver of growth.

I stand by what I wrote. Yates gained muscle weight in the extreme when he made the switch to one set a body part. Right around the night of the champions he was doing 2 sets per exercise. Don't count his warm up sets. Mentzer improved after he left volume. He won his first major contest doing a low set routine the Mr. America. Regarding Dave M using volume realize he competed as a 15 year old. The majority of his training career was with HIT.

If you want to make a case for volume use Casey Viator the poster boy for HIT. In his best ever condition in the 1982 Olympia he was doing volume. A facebook friend of mine that died said he saw him train for that contest and it was always volume. One bodypart he decided to count sets and if my memory serves me he counted 16 sets.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2023, 11:02:03 AM »
There is a subtle difference in the anabolic effect.

Olive oil is anabolic
Canola oil is androgenic

:-))