Author Topic: Dorian yates HIT?  (Read 37130 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Dorian yates HIT?
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2022, 07:46:42 PM »
No way HIT works it’s a load of shit

That's not my point . 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »
Ha , says The wannabe - I very clearly Exposed you for your Lies
As You cannot post anything to Back up your statements.

Oh go ask your people who Know people who trained at / with Dorian.
 ;D :D ;D :D

You didn't.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2022, 08:54:09 PM »
No way HIT works it’s a load of shit

Exactly. Even Yates never did hit.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2022, 09:04:21 PM »
I don't get it, why kill yourself in the gym and do super high intensity for 1 set, when you can do 20-30 sets taking it easy and get the same results?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2022, 01:22:37 AM »
I don't get it, why kill yourself in the gym and do super high intensity for 1 set, when you can do 20-30 sets taking it easy and get the same results?
Try 3 or 4 sets.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2022, 11:14:23 AM »
You didn't.

Yes I did - You ran away from the Thread & Couldn't Name a single name.

Fuck Off.

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2022, 12:03:56 PM »
Very true. Even Yates never trained all out long term. Most of the time he used a bit more sets and cut back on the intensity. This was all confirmed by those I spoke to who trained at temple gym back in the 90's.

Didn't Dorian train first thing in the AM prior to the gym even opening? Then he'd open up after his training was complete? I'm sure he mentioned this somewhere; I don't recall where. My point being: maybe when he was doing little bits and bobs after his workouts later on in the day - is when those who trained at temple saw him fucking about maybe doing cardio or light weights?

I'm from Birmingham and used to visit the original temple - getting your car out of that fucking alleyway was a bastard having the cars moved. My friend Simon was managing it at the time and this was maybe 10 years after Dorian retired. Nice mix of foiks in there tbh.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2022, 12:45:09 PM »
Didn't Dorian train first thing in the AM prior to the gym even opening? Then he'd open up after his training was complete? I'm sure he mentioned this somewhere; I don't recall where. My point being: maybe when he was doing little bits and bobs after his workouts later on in the day - is when those who trained at temple saw him fucking about maybe doing cardio or light weights?

I'm from Birmingham and used to visit the original temple - getting your car out of that fucking alleyway was a bastard having the cars moved. My friend Simon was managing it at the time and this was maybe 10 years after Dorian retired. Nice mix of foiks in there tbh.

yes, he only opened 12-8
He trained in the morning

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2022, 12:59:13 PM »
yes, he only opened 12-8
He trained in the morning

That's what I thought. I think with age I self-doubt whether I imagined something. lol  ;D

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2022, 03:10:02 PM »

Fuck Off.

Yep.

Sorry, RMJ.  I know the HIT shit is something you get wrapped all around the axle over during your monthly visits here, but Illuminati is right.  You didn't give us a SINGLE eyewitness' name; moreover, even if you did, eyewitness testimony is garbage.  The only thing worse is hearsay, which is almost totally worthless, and that's about all you offered: unproven hearsay from anonymous people which has been contradicted again, again and again by people we CAN name, all of whom have basically said, "Dorian trains as he said he does."

I also distinctly recall you grossly misrepresenting what we saw in Dorian's video (e.g., you claimed he was struggling with 315 on an incline press,and that Leroy "had his hands on the bar" for that EASY warm-up, which is patently FALSE).  To that end, I don't know if you were misremembering things, outright lying or there's a language barrier...since, as noted, you blow through Getbig only so often, I'm tempted to dismiss you as a troll and liar.

That you strawmandered the ever living hell of most of my responses is consistent with that, and/or a language barrier or, just maybe, you have an overly narrow definition of what HIT means.  It certainly isn't restricted to "one set per exercise to failure," and it's beyond fucking silly to look at a workout consisting of maybe three or four hard sets total and say, "No, no!  That's not HIT for pecs!  He did some warm-up sets!"

Yeah, so?  If you can incline 425 for six in an all-out effort, counting the 135x10, 225x8 and 315x4-6 as "work sets" is stupid.  They didn't stimulate growth.

The last time this shit came up, I explained that nomenclature can be a funny thing so, before we trade more insults, let me ask you this, RMJ:  how do you define HIT?  At what point does an ostentatiously "HIT" routine become something else?

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2022, 08:25:35 PM »
The question is, how strong was Dorian?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2022, 01:09:31 AM »
Yep.

Sorry, RMJ.  I know the HIT shit is something you get wrapped all around the axle over during your monthly visits here, but Illuminati is right.  You didn't give us a SINGLE eyewitness' name; moreover, even if you did, eyewitness testimony is garbage.  The only thing worse is hearsay, which is almost totally worthless, and that's about all you offered: unproven hearsay from anonymous people which has been contradicted again, again and again by people we CAN name, all of whom have basically said, "Dorian trains as he said he does."

I also distinctly recall you grossly misrepresenting what we saw in Dorian's video (e.g., you claimed he was struggling with 315 on an incline press,and that Leroy "had his hands on the bar" for that EASY warm-up, which is patently FALSE).  To that end, I don't know if you were misremembering things, outright lying or there's a language barrier...since, as noted, you blow through Getbig only so often, I'm tempted to dismiss you as a troll and liar.

That you strawmandered the ever living hell of most of my responses is consistent with that, and/or a language barrier or, just maybe, you have an overly narrow definition of what HIT means.  It certainly isn't restricted to "one set per exercise to failure," and it's beyond fucking silly to look at a workout consisting of maybe three or four hard sets total and say, "No, no!  That's not HIT for pecs!  He did some warm-up sets!"

Yeah, so?  If you can incline 425 for six in an all-out effort, counting the 135x10, 225x8 and 315x4-6 as "work sets" is stupid.  They didn't stimulate growth.

The last time this shit came up, I explained that nomenclature can be a funny thing so, before we trade more insults, let me ask you this, RMJ:  how do you define HIT?  At what point does an ostentatiously "HIT" routine become something else?

In his blood and guts video his chest workout consisted of a few warm ups then 1 set of inclines where he stopped at 8 reps, no assist no forced reps
then a few machine press, couple sets of dumbells and cables

It was a regular bodybuilding workout no different than the majority of gym rats do every day

Best to watch it with the sound off so that moron shouting doesnt convince you its much harder than it actually was.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2022, 01:19:07 AM »
Tbh nobody ever trained harder than Dorian

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2022, 02:55:04 AM »
Tbh nobody ever trained harder than Dorian
Paul Dillett trained brutally hard.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2022, 05:47:17 AM »
Paul Dillett trained brutally hard.

Isometric contractions on a stage?

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2022, 09:58:57 AM »

Fuck Off.

Nope. I'm still here.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2022, 10:03:08 AM »
In his blood and guts video his chest workout consisted of a few warm ups then 1 set of inclines where he stopped at 8 reps, no assist no forced reps
then a few machine press, couple sets of dumbells and cables

It was a regular bodybuilding workout no different than the majority of gym rats do every day

Best to watch it with the sound off so that moron shouting doesnt convince you its much harder than it actually was.

Exactly. Dorian never used hit, it's just regular pyramid training. Not one drop set, rest pause or static set was used. He didn't even go to failure on some exercises. How is that even hit? Yates was always about the hype. He trained no harder than most,

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2022, 10:08:35 AM »
Yep.

All waffle. 325 on the Incline is a work set since there's a lot of load and tension on the muscle. Leeroy was spotting over him. Yates was even grimacing and his reps were slow because of the amount of weight he was handling. Just because he didn't go to failure doesn't mean the muscle fibres weren't being worked. On the following first set of the other exercises he was still going heavy and he was grimacing on those so called "warm up" set. You obviously don't know anything about load and tension.

Besides, Dorian built the majority of his mass with multiple sets. He never did hit.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2022, 12:57:24 PM »
Nope. I'm still here.

Unfortunately you are

called out by Titus for your Lies & inability to back up your spurious claims.

Soon be time for you to Fuck off to Mum's basement again.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2022, 01:31:51 PM »
Unfortunately you are

called out by Titus for your Lies & inability to back up your spurious claims.

Soon be time for you to Fuck off to Mum's basement again.

No lies. Just facts. Not my fault you can't handle facts.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2022, 01:42:33 PM »
All waffle. 325 on the Incline is a work set since there's a lot of load snd tension on the muscle. Leeroy was dotting over him. Yates was even grimacing and his reps were slow because of the amount of weight he was handling.

Rewatch the video, troll.

That 315 was easy as hell for him. 

Fast-forward to 5:30. 

Just because he didn't go to failure doesn't mean the muscle fibres weren't being worked.

Strawman.  I never said "the muscle fibers weren't being worked," you jackass.  But since the man went on to do a set ONE HUNDRED POUNDS HEAVIER FOR THE SAME NUMBER OF REPS, the 315 would do jack shit for growth.  To call it a working set is misleading at best. 

On the following first set of the other exercises he was still going heavy and he was grimacing on those so called "warm up" set. You obviously don't know anything about load and tension.

Besides, Dorian built the majority of his mass with multiple sets. He never did hit.

Yawn.  You made the same stupid statements before.  You obviously don't know anything about load, tension or, while we're at it, how to make a well-reasoned argument. 

But hey, keep deluding yourself.  Keep claiming you know more about how Dorian trained than he did, LOL.  That's hilarious :)

P.S. -- However, I do appreciate that you're protecting the identities of all those guys who told you they saw Doz train and what he did was mostly fluff and pump lifting. 

Very noble of you.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2022, 01:48:15 PM »
No lies. Just facts. Not my fault you can't handle facts.

"Facts" based on what you say many nameless others told you, based on their ostensible, anecdotal "evidence."

But like I said, I get it.  You're protecting your sources' identities.  After all, we wouldn't want the HIT Gestapo to hunt them down!

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2022, 03:49:45 PM »
"Rewatch the video, troll.

That 315 was easy as hell for him."

It wasn't and leetoy was there spotting him. Thats not a warm up.

Fast-forward to 5:30. 

"Strawman.  I never said "the muscle fibers weren't being worked," you jackass."

No but I needed to educate you on that fact that his muscles were being worked hard by the load and tension. Hardly a warm up. And it's was 325 not 315.

"But since the man went on to do a set ONE HUNDRED POUNDS HEAVIER FOR THE SAME NUMBER OF REPS, the 315 would do jack shit for growth.  To call it a working set is misleading at best."

Again, load and tension counts.

"Yawn.  You made the same stupid statements before.  You obviously don't know anything about load, tension or, while we're at it, how to make a well-reasoned argument.:

I do but your too ignorant to understand them.

"But hey, keep deluding yourself."

I'm not the deluded one here.

" Keep claiming you know more about how Dorian trained than he did, LOL.  That's hilarious :)"

I obviously know more than you, kid.

"P.S. -- However, I do appreciate that you're protecting the identities of all those guys who told you they saw Doz train and what he did was mostly fluff and pump lifting."

You wouldn't know them if I told you so why bother.

"Very noble of you."

Yes. More noble than yourself for sure.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2022, 03:52:53 PM »
"Facts" based on what you say many nameless others told you, based on their ostensible, anecdotal "evidence."

Can't handle the fact that Yates has lied to you. That's not my problem. You obviously have a problem or else you wouldn't reply multiple times to my one comment.

"But like I said, I get it.  You're protecting your sources' identities.  After all, we wouldn't want the HIT Gestapo to hunt them down!"

Hitters are always defensive of their precious religion. I know why you're a bitter little kid because hit hasn't got you big and strong.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2022, 04:38:19 PM »
not many people can outrun a dog

You can only outrun a dog for so long until it will bite you and attack you