Author Topic: Brothers talking to themselves in the gym  (Read 3184 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Brothers talking to themselves in the gym
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 01:29:17 AM »
hahaha, great post, sounds like something I'd post  up, lol! It amazes me these people even wanna bring attention to themselves as they suck anyway. I really don't get it and for that, makes them bigger hosers than they are...
This is what always get me, most of these types look like  bag of shit.  I wouldn't mind so much if it was some hyper competitive athlete in the last weeks of contest preparation of some sort but I see countless fat fucks struggling to throw up some heavy dumbbells and then screaming and struggling like a small asian woman giving birth to a samoan sumo baby and yet most of these types can't do a single chin up or show any self control around an all you can eat buffet.
V

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »
This.
Why does weight training always attract the disturbed.  There are so many fuckwits in my gym, yelling, screaming and throwing weights.  There is one guy who uses ten pieces of equipment in one giant super set and when he finishes a set of dumbbell or barbell work he literally drops them from the highest point possible so they are bouncing around and a danger to anybody nearby.  Stupid fucker has already damaged some of the dumbbells.  And he never showers, prick stinks to high heaven, get within ten feet of this dude and you risk instant nausea or asphyxiation.  I must be from another planet I don't grunt, groan or say anything, just move the weight back and forward for reps, rest, wash rinse and repeat (In Silence).  Why is this so hard for some people?

hey plato  , reminds me of this one asshole who used to come into my gym he was a tall ugly piece of shit power lifter looked like shit.  this asshole would load like 10 plates per side on the  leg press and just fucking leave them on there.     

i cant stand asshole who workout like that.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 08:37:25 AM »

hey plato  , reminds me of this one asshole who used to come into my gym he was a tall ugly piece of shit power lifter looked like shit.  this asshole would load like 10 plates per side on the  leg press and just fucking leave them on there.      

i cant stand asshole who workout like that.
We have this old dude who has been training at my gym for ten years, looks exactly the same today as the day he walked in.  Short hunched over body, huge belly and thin everywhere else.  Bald Head, grey beard and always tanned, I think he is Iranian.  The dude is a real piece of work, he stands on the bench seats in the change rooms while changing, infecting where people sit down with his tinea, he spits in the sauna and does circuit training using five different machines and gets upset if you use one of them while he does a lap around the gym doing his superset.  

Anyway, the guy has zero range of motion on everything he does.  I don't know if he is injured or just a fucking retard, but he literally only uses two inches of movement on everything he does, just kind of bounces in place.  He loads up the leg press with like eight plates, which is a lot for him as he must weigh a buck fifty. Anyway, he just kinds of bends his knees a few degrees and then locks them out again in a very rapid fashion.  He looks ridiculous and yet he has been training like this for years.  No wonder he has had zero results.  And as usual he leaves the leg press and barbells fully loaded.  

He once had a go at some woman who used the leg press while he was half way through his lap of the gym doing his superset, he literally ran over from the other side of the gym to tell this woman he was using it, but not just yet but he will in a few minutes.  Anyway, this woman complained to a female staff member who both confronted the little freak.  He fired up and started yelling so I stepped in and told him to pull his head in and use one piece of equipment at a time as it was a small gym.  He then became all polite and said 'No worries'.  That's when i suspected he was a Muslim, completely disrespected the women, treated them like shit and completely flipped the script when a man stepped in and he risked someone challenging what he regards as his male authority.  Anyway, I normally despise that white knight shit but I couldn't help myself as I saw an opening to have a go at this little turd as he always seems to get under my skin whenever I train and he is there.
V

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 08:44:23 AM »
Thought this would be a Mike and Ray Mentor thread. Carry on.
a

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 08:47:30 AM »
Just another tool in the walkthrough of gym life.  The percent of douchebaggers in gyms must be @30% these days.  My favorite, the Bain lack of oxygen mask guy.  Never looks like anything.  The 3 machines guy, never looks like anything.  The 2 training partner drug reliant guy lifting no weight.  The thousand yard stare guy....oh, all with Beats headphones, optional gum chewing.
Yes, it's the epicenter of douchebaggery.
N

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 08:49:56 AM »
This.
Why does weight training always attract the disturbed.  There are so many fuckwits in my gym, yelling, screaming and throwing weights.  There is one guy who uses ten pieces of equipment in one giant super set and when he finishes a set of dumbbell or barbell work he literally drops them from the highest point possible so they are bouncing around and a danger to anybody nearby.  Stupid fucker has already damaged some of the dumbbells.  And he never showers, prick stinks to high heaven, get within ten feet of this dude and you risk instant nausea or asphyxiation.  I must be from another planet I don't grunt, groan or say anything, just move the weight back and forward for reps, rest, wash rinse and repeat (In Silence).  Why is this so hard for some people?

I start thinking about going back and getting another commercial gym membership and then I read posts like this which brings me back to my senses.

Looks like it's time to head back out to my set up in the garage and crank out another 30 minute work out in the tranquility of my own home.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »
This.

Impossible if  you are moving any kind of serious weight. At the very list a hiss and when the 405lbs you are inclining for reps starts feeling a lot heavier, believe you'll grunt, groan, etc when getting those last few reps up.

That being said theres way too much  "look at me" types in the commercial gyms... I feel out of place  so I'll train at a worlds or a powerlifting gym if theres any around.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 09:21:21 AM »
I stay far away from people who talk to themselves in the gym.  A few months ago I heard one guy having a hardcore political discussion with himself comparing Hillary to Obama.

I've been training 30 years and I've noticed that a lot of mentally unstable people go to gyms.  I'd say at least 25% of them have varying degrees of mental illness.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 09:25:06 AM »
I stay far away from people who talk to themselves in the gym.  A few months ago I heard one guy having a hardcore political discussion with himself comparing Hillary to Obama.

LOL! That's a new one!  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »
I`d love to deck a few shadowboxers !!  LOL  ;D

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »
I`d love to deck a few shadowboxers !!  LOL  ;D

These fuckers have been on the decline lately. At least one positive thing to report!

Someone mentioned about inclining and grunting if you're benching 4 plates, incline! Well, I only grunt when I have 5 plates a side. (but seriously, way to brag about it, lol, almost as annoying as guys who grunt...)
?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2015, 05:30:49 PM »

Impossible if  you are moving any kind of serious weight. At the very list a hiss and when the 405lbs you are inclining for reps starts feeling a lot heavier, believe you'll grunt, groan, etc when getting those last few reps up.

That being said theres way too much  "look at me" types in the commercial gyms... I feel out of place  so I'll train at a worlds or a powerlifting gym if theres any around.
Well I don't move any type of serious weight, but I do agree a slight hiss now and again on my heavier sets but it isn't exaggerated or an attempt to garner attention.  I am more into fitness at the moment rather than being a bodybuilder or powerlifter.  If you seen some of the grunters at my gym though, you would understand what I am talking about, it is so dramatic and over the top, worse than some of those female tennis players.
V