Author Topic: Michael Reagan: My Father Would Be Appalled at Trump  (Read 228 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Michael Reagan: My Father Would Be Appalled at Trump
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:51 PM »
Yet you 2015 watered down conservatives "like his ideas"

GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, but the Republican icon would be "appalled" at the way Trump acts, Michael Reagan told Newsmax TV.

Trump's personal attacks on fellow candidates, including the recent Rolling Stone report of him talking about Carly Fiorina's appearance, go too far, said Reagan, a radio talk show host and son of the former president.

Reagan said he hopes Trump's actions hurt him not only with women voters, but with all voters.

"What he's done is really appalling," he said. "My father would be appalled. … On behalf of my father and the Reagan family to see someone like this who just personally attacks people time and time and time again is absolutely appalling to me and I hope all the voters start to see through Donald Trump and the kind of candidate that he his and the kind of president he may end up being."

Trump should instead be focusing on what he would do as president, Reagan said.

"It's nice to say, 'I'm going to make America great again,' but how are you going to do that? What laws are you going to pass? What bills are you going to pass? How are you going to work with Congress? What are you going to do?" Reagan said.

Trump's followers are equally troubling, Reagan said. He recently tweeted that one can be either a Reagan Republican or a Trump Republican, but not both.

There are four governors in the race who have made their state's great again, as Trump says he wants to do with America, Reagan said, and he is troubled they aren't doing better in the polls.