Author Topic: 2015 Olympia - Dennis Wolf trains arms eight days out.  (Read 9710 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Wolfman trains arms eight days out.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 12:08:51 AM »
He's 6 days out from the Mr. Olympia, you stupid moron. Why is he going to be killing himself to do 70 pound concentration curls? He's not going to be putting on any muscle in 6 days.

Vince should know this.  All the work has been done at at this point he's just pumping and maybe burning some calories. He is depleted and his face shows that.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 12:23:09 AM »
I must do some videos one day. One of the most effective exercises is what Larry Scott advocated. I made a few triceps machines for our gym.

The updated version has adjustable side pads to keep the elbows from going out to the side.

I even converted a Nautilus Triceps machine so it could be used properly instead of seated.

What a silly mousetrap. Lying triceps extensions/pushdowns, all you really need.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 12:31:49 AM »
Vince should know this.  All the work has been done at at this point he's just pumping and maybe burning some calories. He is depleted and his face shows that.

That isn't what I saw. He had a young guy assist him to complete some reps. Does that sound like light pumping to you? I am aware of the lead up to contests

but goodness me how is anyone supposed to retain size by using such light weights?

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 12:45:47 AM »
What a silly mousetrap. Lying triceps extensions/pushdowns, all you really need.

I disagree.

It's a bit narrow in its application for even most decent gyms, but I think it is a very good idea.

I own a lot more equipment than Basile, but I could never construct something with my hands so he gets my respect on this.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 12:53:12 AM »
I must do some videos one day. One of the most effective exercises is what Larry Scott advocated. I made a few triceps machines for our gym.

The updated version has adjustable side pads to keep the elbows from going out to the side.

I even converted a Nautilus Triceps machine so it could be used properly instead of seated.

Is all your gym equipment home made out of box section? if so I bet you saved a fortune, we pay about £12 a length for 6 metre lengths of 50mm section.
Do you make the stacks also? Do they run on linear bearings?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 12:53:58 AM »
That isn't what I saw. He had a young guy assist him to complete some reps. Does that sound like light pumping to you? I am aware of the lead up to contests

but goodness me how is anyone supposed to retain size by using such light weights?

Have you seen his earlier videos where he's pushing some heavy weight? Eight days out is not the time to do that and an assisted burn is not unusual. I think he knows that he is doing he won the Arnold after all.

The worst time to go heavy is while depleted.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 01:08:45 AM »
Have you seen his earlier videos where he's pushing some heavy weight? Eight days out is not the time to do that and an assisted burn is not unusual. I think he knows that he is doing he won the Arnold after all.

What kind of nonsense is this? I have been bodybuilding since 1958. I have a clue about what the champs do. I am not suggesting he go 'heavy' but using such light weights was a surprise to me.

Ronnie Coleman used super heavy weights and got injured. So, yes, stay in the safe zone. However, why use those light weights in a video to show his fans? Disappointing.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 09:54:44 AM »

that is a great tricep exercise!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 10:29:10 AM »
that is a great tricep exercise!

When someone has to go to such non-natural lengths to work out his body, it's no longer useful.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 10:38:30 AM »
When someone has to go to such non-natural lengths to work out his body, it's no longer useful.
I just do those standing and leaning forward with a v-bar attatchment.

Good exercise.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »

walter you make a great point- i remember a interview with yates after he retired  he said  he would never train as heavy as he did, in precontest mode if he had a chance to do it all over again.

theres alot of morons on here who think training heavy all the time is the way to go. 

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 10:48:55 AM »

walter you make a great point- i remember a interview with yates after he retired  he said  he would never train as heavy as he did, in precontest mode if he had a chance to do it all over again.

theres alot of morons on here who think training heavy all the time is the way to go. 

When training natural heavy works best for me.
It's like war. Grow or die.

©

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 10:52:54 AM »
i used to train super heavy to, mike mentzer dorian yates style

injured my shoulder very bad, bicep injury as well

i will never train that way again,  i could give two fucks about being strongest guy in the gym

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »
Vince, since your machines are so superior please post some pictures of members who have obtained world class arms at your gym.

I won't hold my breath.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 11:58:03 AM »
What kind of nonsense is this? I have been bodybuilding since 1958. I have a clue about what the champs do. I am not suggesting he go 'heavy' but using such light weights was a surprise to me.

Ronnie Coleman used super heavy weights and got injured. So, yes, stay in the safe zone. However, why use those light weights in a video to show his fans? Disappointing.

those fans can't look for his offseason training videos?
he should risk getting injured because his fans are too lazy to watch his training videos during his growth phase (of which he has a ton) or too dumb to realise he is on extremely low calories close to a contest, has a depleted energy stores and is not going to grow any muscle during this period??

also heard you mention full ROM,
maybe research training in target zones where injury response (micro-tears > hypertrophy) is greatest as well as turnaround point of rep generating most force thus recruiting most motor units only in the target zone, reduced at full stretch or full ROM.
also benefits of stretch overload combined with the above.
full ROM is one of the biggest myths in bodybuilding.
can effectively grow muscle without full ROM and maybe more ideal even.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
Yes, maybe guys like Dennis have reached maximum hypertrophy. My point is that anyone here trying to get bigger wouldn't do so if they trained like he did on the video.

I mean, if you are going to do biceps concentration curls with a 30 pound dumbbell you should try to do a fuller range of movement and keep the muscle under tension longer.

I was using that kind of weight when my arms were not even 16 inches!

These guys are so depleted close to a contest they are lucky that they can lift anything.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
He's not using light weights, just right for him, it's all about stimulating and pumping the blood... Yeah, the form isn't maybe super perfect, but if he's feeling the muscle it's all good... This heavy weight training mania is useless and stupid for bodybuilding, in my opinion...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2015, 12:42:26 PM »

Exactly. Reinventing the wheel is all, think Haney once addressed this.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 12:47:49 PM »
Vince, since your machines are so superior please post some pictures of members who have obtained world class arms at your gym.

I won't hold my breath.

All his machines are bullshit, so is his theory of hypertrophy.

This is the moron discussing bodybuilding. Hes lucky he rigged the Mr. Canada by picking his own judges.

X

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »
wolf has it the best of all pros think about it guys

his wife is rich,  all wolf has to do is train and do his roids.  diet etc he dont even have to suck big cocks like kai and phil heath has to , hell he doesnt even have to start a shitt supplement company to pay his  bills . he is under no pressure at all to even win.

the guy has it made.

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
wolf has it the best of all pros think about it guys

his wife is rich,  all wolf has to do is train and do his roids.  diet etc he dont even have to suck big cocks like kai and phil heath has to , hell he doesnt even have to start a shitt supplement company to pay his  bills . he is under no pressure at all to even win.

the guy has it made.

How is his wife rich?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »
i think she inherited it,

but wolf  probably has more money than any pro competing

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 03:00:05 PM »
Wolf looks very depleted. Kinda flat...

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2015, 03:24:29 PM »
he is a huge aryan bastard  royalty

but man his wife is ugly   i wonder if he pretends she is someone else when he is laying the wolf pipe to her .

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
he is a huge Caucasian bastard  royalty

I know. Big & wide.

I just hope that he carbs up right.