Author Topic: Ryback the Next Cena?  (Read 3561 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Ryback the Next Cena?
« on: October 29, 2015, 03:16:11 PM »
He seems to think so. Heard him on the Austin Podcast. The Big Guy said he went to Vince and proclaimed himself as Cena's heir apparent.

I don't see it. He's a good attraction, but, doesn't have Cena's it factor.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Ryback the Next Cena?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
He seems to think so. Heard him on the Austin Podcast. The Big Guy said he went to Vince and proclaimed himself as Cena's heir apparent.

I don't see it. He's a good attraction, but, doesn't have Cena's it factor.
Nope...will never happen. Hes way too clumsy in the ring, way too big and its only a matter of time before he flounders down the lower card. He had his chance to shine about two years ago and he blew it.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »
In the wrestling business perception is reality. If he carries himself like a star he may become one.

I heard Vince was all but certain he was destined to be the number 2 baby face behind Cena when Nexus debuted but injuries derailed his Skip run. Telling Vince you want something is smart but they will test him.

Reeves the person seems very moody (I don't know him at all and I could be completely off base with that so take it for what it's worth) and if that's the case that won't help his cause. Lesnar can afford to be that way, Idk  if Ryback can.

That said I think Playboy is right.

They seem intent on pushing Reigns and Rollins but maybe Ryback can push his way in and become the next Batista.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:12:19 AM »
In the wrestling business perception is reality. If he carries himself like a star he may become one.

I heard Vince was all but certain he was destined to be the number 2 baby face behind Cena when Nexus debuted but injuries derailed his Skip run. Telling Vince you want something is smart but they will test him.

Reeves the person seems very moody (I don't know him at all and I could be completely off base with that so take it for what it's worth) and if that's the case that won't help his cause. Lesnar can afford to be that way, Idk  if Ryback can.

That said I think Playboy is right.

They seem intent on pushing Reigns and Rollins but maybe Ryback can push his way in and become the next Batista.
I remember about a year ago there was some Comic Con convention and apparantly Reeves looked like he didn't even want to be there. If you want to be a big star, you need to play politics, eat shit and like the taste of it. The most successful guys in the business were also the biggest jerks, polititians and back stabbers back stage. Those include, Hogan, Michaels, Warrior, Flair, Rock & Austin to an extent and its even coming to fruition now that Cena is a major polititian back stage and not the "nice guy" he portrays himself to be hence Nikki Bella's run with the diva's title, her surpassing AJ. Lee's run by one lousy day and not wanting to put over other talent. A few guys are now coming out speaking against Cena commenting how he derailed their idea's and potential runs.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:15:29 AM »
Ryback, don't think so. Seems like a nice guy somewhat entertaining but not a great technical wrestler and just a big steroid monster.

WWE seems like they really want to push Reigns for some reason. I prefer guys like Ambrose, Wyatt, Rollins, Zayn, Kevin Owens. Hell I think Bo Dallas is even a good prospect.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »
Ryback, don't think so. Seems like a nice guy somewhat entertaining but not a great technical wrestler and just a big steroid monster.

WWE seems like they really want to push Reigns for some reason. I prefer guys like Ambrose, Wyatt, Rollins, Zayn, Kevin Owens. Hell I think Bo Dallas is even a good prospect.
Ryback can't even go 5 minutes without getting winded. hes just too big and too sloppy. Only a matter of time before he hurts more guys. Reminds me of Ahmed Johnson.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 01:13:24 PM »
Ryback can't even go 5 minutes without getting winded. hes just too big and too sloppy. Only a matter of time before he hurts more guys. Reminds me of Ahmed Johnson.

He says he's doing lots of Burpees to work on his conditioning. 8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »
He says he's doing lots of Burpees to work on his conditioning. 8)

Lol...oh Christ....look out  :P :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 12:31:13 PM »

From a standpoint of marketability, Reigns is their best prospect. He's tall, movie star good looking, and a solid athlete.

The problem I see with him is that he's not a compelling personality. To date, I've never heard him say anything that made me sit up and pay closer attention. Hell, Paige's heel turn was ten times better than anything out of Reign's mouth.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »
From a standpoint of marketability, Reigns is their best prospect. He's tall, movie star good looking, and a solid athlete.

The problem I see with him is that he's not a compelling personality. To date, I've never heard him say anything that made me sit up and pay closer attention. Hell, Paige's heel turn was ten times better than anything out of Reign's mouth.

Yeah I agree, he has a great look, fair but not great wrestling skills but his promos are atrocious. He needs someone like Paul Heyman to talk for him.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »
I listened to the Ryback podcast, man is he annoying. It seemed as if he preferenced every sentence with an I told this to Vince.....

Also why does he insist on people calling him "Big Guy"?  I've heard partial interviews with him and when asked what they should call him, Ryan or Ryback, he says Ryback and always throws or Big Guy in there sheepishly at the end.  We get it dude.  ::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
I listened to the Ryback podcast, man is he annoying. It seemed as if he preferenced every sentence with an I told this to Vince.....

Also why does he insist on people calling him "Big Guy"?  I've heard partial interviews with him and when asked what they should call him, Ryan or Ryback, he says Ryback and always throws or Big Guy in there sheepishly at the end.  We get it dude.  ::)

He's probably a getbigger  :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 04:42:43 AM »
Yeah I agree, he has a great look, fair but not great wrestling skills but his promos are atrocious. He needs someone like Paul Heyman to talk for him.
You just hit something there Calf....picture this...Royal Rumble...Reigns somehow turns full blown heel....Heyman does his talking for him...hell when Reigns was a shield member he barley spoke and it made him look more intimidating. Reigns wins the rumble controversly eliminating Cena (or another huge face) with the help of Heyman. Rollins could turn face and there is your world title match at WM.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 08:27:10 AM »
he's a big dude would have been better in the 80's when roids were underground or 90's attitude yrs pretesting...he's not charismatic enough to carry world titile after the muscle its like ok,,,cena is built well but different cause his persona as awww shucks works...feed me more/feed me more  ,,I want to change channel.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 06:41:06 PM »
No way.
T

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 04:37:48 AM »
No way.
Agreed. He just doesn't have the cardiovascular conditioning to go 15-20 minutes and he is too sloppy and clumsy. Plus the guy is full of himself and very arrogant. As posted earlier, he insists on people calling him, "Big guy".  ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 05:03:11 AM »
The Jets game was really sucking, last night, so, I switched to Smackdown, for a bit, and, caught a match between Ryback and Kalisto.

I must admit this match had me marking out. It was your classic David vs Goliath, with David getting the win.

What was interesting was all the things Kalisto did to offset Ryback's size and strength. Keep an eye on Kalisto. He could be another Rey Misterio.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
The Jets game was really sucking, last night, so, I switched to Smackdown, for a bit, and, caught a match between Ryback and Kalisto.

I must admit this match had me marking out. It was your classic David vs Goliath, with David getting the win.

What was interesting was all the things Kalisto did to offset Ryback's size and strength. Keep an eye on Kalisto. He could be another Rey Misterio.
Well....look out players.....its now official and I posted it on the Latest News thread...WWE just hired Mick Foley's son as Creative for Smackdown......

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »
If "the Mizz" made it big, anyone can...
?