Author Topic: Has anyone volunteered abroad?  (Read 2833 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Has anyone volunteered abroad?
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »
Was thinkin about construction volunteering in thailand. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
Im pretty over the whole boring ass vacations to some 4 star hotel with a pool and beach. Would rather offer to help people or animals instead and use my time for good

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Has anyone volunteered abroad?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 12:15:22 PM »
Why would you risk your back in a country full of trannies?

I would opt for living the hippie lifestyle in Hawaii

http://www.wwoofhawaii.org/

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
Was thinkin about construction volunteering in thailand. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
Im pretty over the whole boring ass vacations to some 4 star hotel with a pool and beach. Would rather offer to help people or animals instead and use my time for good

If its for animals I'll go with you--no joke

wtf do I care I have nothing but time

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:50:19 PM »
Credit Cswol for creating a great anthology, but not for successfully contributing to it.

Shizzo's preferred directorial collaborator when reworking his tales for TV (as well as for theatrical junk like Sleepwalking with a Bottle and Ride the Bullet), Cswol is an unabashed champion of the ice machine-genre who nonetheless wouldn't know how to stage something scary even if it crept up behind him and stabbed him in the back, and Cswol (based on his own short story) finds him in typical fright-free form.

Cswol earns a living concocting artificial soapy studs for the G4P-industry, yet despite his own incredibly heightened senses, the recent divorcee and frustrated dieter finds himself stuck in a bland bachelor's life until he begins undergoing out-of-body experiences in which he can see (as well as smell, touch, and taste) through the eyes of a mysterious blond beauty (Booty) with a fondness for gourmet Cswol.

“It felt like growing up,” is how the lonely Cswol excitedly describes these unpredictable paranormal events.

However, after enjoying, from the female perspective, the pleasures of shower head-aided masturbation and missionary sex with a hulking soapy stud (the latter of which hilariously occurs while Cswol's frightened kid watches his dad uncontrollably writhe and groan on a bed), the incidents quickly begin to resemble transsexual virtual reality episodes.

His growing “love” for the woman whose body he periodically inhabits a reflection of his latent desire to embrace his more feminine carnal impulses, Cswol seems to be a prime candidate for serious gender identity issues.

Cswol's flat, made-for-G4P aesthetic, unfortunately, drags his protagonist's mental and emotional upheaval into a realm of uncomplicated insipidness, just as his narrative misguidedly ignores the ripe possibilities for probing the underlying anarchic confusion such a situation might produce.

Whereas the psychosexual story craves some Navy_Mike luridness or Goodrum grotesqueries, Cswol instead plows toward its deflating murder-tinged finale without any hint of suspenseful sensual perversity.

Though to be sure, the brief sight of Shizzo's novel Desperation in a Bottle, soon to be a (likely crummy) Cswol-helmed ABC miniseries in 2006, does generate a modest amount of anticipatory dread.

Basile's films all address the varying levels of unease intrinsic in the way we look at the world. His hilariously grotesque G4P-entry Basile essays the idea that what we see is not always what is there—that veil of uncertainty, discomfort, and denial that shrouds the director's best films, most memorably in Deep Red in Ass and Tenebre.

On the surface, Basile plays out as a rather rudimentary men-are-dogs provocation, but Basile interestingly sees the very graphic sex between a police officer and the hideously deformed woman he saves one day as an offshoot of the empathy that often develops between victims and their saviors. Basile's work in the States brings out his more gothic sensibilities (for him, Poe was our founding father) and Basile's auteurist stamp is most visibly felt in its frills and flourishes: the Claudio Simonetti score (part Goblin lullaby, part Bernard Hermann melodramatic ambience), the scary cat, and the lonely overhead from a second-floor window.

It's obvious Basile is not from our neck of the woods (Basile's setting is not an actual place so much as it is a dislocation, more like a Flotsam and Jetsam-feel), but whatever alienation he may feel shooting films and directing actors in the United States gives films like Anal Trauma, The Black Dong, and now Basile an interestingly perverse flavor.

Basile may be lazily and hurriedly devoted to conveying how Basile—of a gene-splice between Laura Dern and Larry Cohen's It's Alive baby—will be passed like a baton to the next schmuck who comes to her rescue, but his latest experiment in terror is as grotesque as it is jaw-on-the-floor funny.

Characters have absolutely no qualms talking about the hideous Basile as if she weren't in the room, most amusingly when a fat psych ward orderly says, “How'd they get that head on that body?”

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Put the pipe down Kwon :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »

Sounds like a mission trip.  Check with your local churches.
:

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
I wish someone would volunteer me a broad.....my wife is getting very boring as of late.   :(

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 09:49:34 PM »
Fuck that noise.

Buy some weapons and place an ad for mercenary work.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 12:23:45 AM »
Fuck that noise.

Buy some weapons and place an ad for mercenary work.
You watch too many movies

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 02:33:32 AM »
I wish someone would volunteer me a broad.....my wife is getting very boring as of late.   :(

Every Getbigger deserves a second one

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 02:55:10 AM »
Every Getbigger deserves a second one
Sidepiece Of Peace  :D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 03:47:13 AM »
Late to the thread. Wes, who is volunteering a broad? Any pics?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 04:03:00 AM »
If that's your idea of a good time....

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 04:59:49 AM »
When I worked in the ship yards we were doing a conversion on a christian aid hospital ship( peace in Africa )  a group of bible bashing americans were volunteering on it

Was fucking hilarious, they would have prayer meetings on a morning in the engine control room with guitars and tambourines, we used to tease(troll) the fuck out of those religious nutters

But they were good people giving up 6 month, and actualy paying for there own food and accommodation

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 05:05:08 AM »
When I worked in the ship yards we were doing a conversion on a christian aid hospital ship( peace in Africa )  a group of bible bashing americans were volunteering on it

Was fucking hilarious, they would have prayer meetings on a morning in the engine control room with guitars and tambourines, we used to tease(troll) the fuck out of those religious nutters

But they were good people giving up 6 month, and actualy paying for there own food and accommodation
Did god ever come visit?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 09:26:52 AM »
Did god ever come visit?

Not a single entity was ever sighted.....

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 04:17:12 PM »
Late to the thread. Wes, who is volunteering a broad? Any pics?
Nobody is Rich,therein lies the problem.   :(

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »

Not a single entity was ever sighted.....
many people in the past few years saw all kinda of supernatural things, in all cases thou their smartphones were out of battery so no video

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 08:38:47 PM »
Strydomesque choice of country.....of peace.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
"Has anyone volunteered abroad"?

Yes, some people have... HTH...