Author Topic: now that McGregor is out of ufc 200  (Read 5513 times)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Re: now that McGregor is out of ufc 200
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »
Lorenzo makes the decisions. Dana just executes them. The whole blowup was between Lorenzo and Connor and Dana wasn't even involved except to deliver the news to the media and catch flak. I recall hearing that Connor deals directly with Lorenzo and Frank. Dana isn't in that loop. Dana is the public face so people think he makes all the decisions. While he may have input the final decisions rest with the Fertitas. Connor benefitted from the Fertitas sponsorship not Dana's. That's why Dana called Connor "Lorenzo's son" in a media scrum when asked why Connor gets so much special treatment. Connor references "uncle frank" on a number of occasions as someone who looks after him. Interestingly if the Fertitas should disagree with each other they have a contract stipulation that it get settled via BJJ match with Dana as the ref. No wonder Lorenzo carries all that bulk. #festivasfeatsofstrengthattheFertitas.

Nate's decided not to take on a substitute and go on "vacation" instead.  I guess from his point of view taking on another opponent  would mean a lower paycheque unless the UFC matches what he would have been paid if he had fought Connor.

With both these guys being absent I have decided that I'm not going to fight at UFC 200 either.
That's right I will not fight long queues at concession stands nor will I fight the security who will be attempting to stop me from stealing the ringside seats. Instead I will have someone purchase refreshments for me and I will occupy my assigned seat. That'll show those UFC goofs I mean business. #solidaritywithNateandConnie.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: now that McGregor is out of ufc 200
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 12:58:06 PM »
I like Conor, as I find him entertaining.

Frankly, the UFC made McGregor. Before the UFC, no one knew or cared about McGregor. They gave him a platform and he built a decent brand name. Unfortunately, the UFC is a brand name and they promote their brand over any individual fighter. They know that EVERY fighter has a limited shelf life. Dana was a manager well before he was the president of the UFC. He knows that you can't make a living off a fighter for too long (usually less than 10 yrs). So, instead, he decided to become a fight promoter and cut off the middle man.

He knew from his minimal experience in the boxing world that fight promotion was key. Conor was allowed to build his name up in order for the UFC to increase its own profits. Conor wanted to play The Floyd Mayweather card, but he doesn't own his own promotion company, he is under contract and all of his promotion (aside from his twitter and instagram account) comes from the UFC. He fucked with Dana and the mobster friends he keeps and now Conor is losing money to the tune of $10 million dollars and probably more since he might not be showcased at the UFC's first event at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

What's worse is that if Dana really wanted to fuck Conor over, he can keep him away from any fights for the next 3-5 yrs or however long his contract extends (remember, they can extend contracts based on certain clauses) and he could very well go down in history as a shit talker than fizzled out once he fought Nate Diaz and got choked out like a bitch. Dana and his mobster friends can very easily deliver a character assassination like few have ever seen.

If I were Conor, I would play nice and start sucking Dana's and Lorenzo's cock, before he gets sent to UFC fight pass headlining prelims and the such.

"1"

I think that we are dealing with big egos on both sides of the equation.

The fans want to see Conor fight.

But Lorenzo signs the checks.