Author Topic: Reality check for the aging Bodybuilders  (Read 5748 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Reality check for the aging Bodybuilders
« on: June 05, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
Re: Reality check for the aging Bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »
Continue doing what u doing and u will end where u end!

More people should focus on mobility, streching (shoulders, lower back, hamstring ass and foot ankels) Doing full range motion to keep their bodies healthy and fit! Strikt nice form.

Maybe less heavy lifting and more volyme. Works fine for me! But Im not that old yet 37...but my body feel better than ever. Smooth nice, no pain!

Ego heavy deadlift squats and shrugs will probably make your body worse!

Arms have no limits, u can kill them ass much u want. Latpulldowns aswell. Dumbelpress for chest and shoulders. Side latera raises. Chins. Legcurl. Legextension. Squeese the muscle, feel the muscle. And u can continue that shit for houers without getting pain.

Lots of set, lots of reps.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 11:24:26 AM »
Coach in 5 years?

A

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
Its all about genetics, and most are genetically defective….. but, as you age - lighten the load, eat less and supplement with hormones.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 12:02:53 PM »
good listen,,i like his interviews and his seen it all done it all introspective on bbing.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »
Honestly, the older you get you should start focusing on fitness and being lean, swimming, cardio, weight training, but just being lean athletic, eating strict either Peleo or Keto, cut out sugar...big muscle doesn't age well.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 12:33:19 PM »
uhm, getbiggers don't age. They will be athletes forever. Anyone who's weaker/softer/more fragile in his old age is a loser. LOL Look at sylvester stallone, what a loser, he ages, he isn't like he was in rocky 4, lol, loser, lol

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
good listen,,i like his interviews and his seen it all done it all introspective on bbing.

Sorry, but I can't stand this self attention seeking/t-shirt selling man, who interrupts his guests all the time.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 12:36:20 PM »
I've been backing off over the last 10 or so years as I have neither the time, strength or inclination to be as large as I was in my youth.  I eat when I'm hungry, not when a timer goes off.  ;)

I train between 1 and five days a week and training harder on days I feel up to it and on days I don't want to train, I don't. ;D  As I get closer to 60 I just want to be as well built as I can.  The illusion of strength will never completely suffice but beneath it all some of what you had will remain.  

Actually, I just wear more and more t-shirts beneath my dress shirt.  It gives me the illusion of mass.  Kinda sorta the upper body equivalent of Levrone stuffing his posing trunks.   ;D ;D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
there will be a day when modern science figures out anti aging, at least be able to extend life a good 20+ years. Telomere shortening is being heavily studied. maybe we will all be so lucky.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »
Honestly, the older you get you should start focusing on fitness and being lean, swimming, cardio, weight training, but just being lean athletic, eating strict either Peleo or Keto, cut out sugar...big muscle doesn't age well.

Been on this train for a while albeit I still have heavy lifting days once in a while. Looking better than ever no matter what city I'm in or pool party I will always look in the top 3 when shirtless.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »
there will be a day when modern science figures out anti aging, at least be able to extend life a good 20+ years. Telomere shortening is being heavily studied. maybe we will all be so lucky.

is it really so hard to let go?

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
Bob Chick actually had a good word on this... something like [if all youve got to say about yourself is that you have big muscles then youre not much of a person.]

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »
I'm 50, natty and still doing: 100lb DB flat presses, squatting 250 for 15 full reps and pulling 405 for a few reps.

What's been working for me is:

- Using moderately heavy weights, but no sets under 5-6 reps.
- More rest days (train, off, train, off, etc.)
- Avoiding exercises that ruin/destroy joints.
- Eat 4x meals day.
- Avoid sugar/desserts.
- Cardio 2-3x a week (only on non-workout days)
- Never bring a phone to the gym... ever.   

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »
is it really so hard to let go?

yes. lol

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
yes. lol

Would you trade your mortality to immortality, but you would have nano sized computers in your brain sending every thought/feeling/physical health/etc etc etc. to 3rd parties 24/7, and sometimes these 3rd parties would influence your thoughts and emotions without you knowing about it?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »
Would you trade your mortality to immortality, but you would have nano sized computers in your brain sending every thought/feeling/physical health/etc etc etc. to 3rd parties 24/7, and sometimes these 3rd parties would influence your thoughts and emotions without you knowing about it?

Immortality in exchange for some occasional spam thoughts?  Definitely, assuming it means being healthy also or at least not totally fucked up.  Seriously, who wouldn't?  Mathwise even if 50 percent of my thoughts are influenced, I still have 50 percent of me v. 100 percent of nothing.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
You need goals still as you age.  One problem being an older lifter is that it's hard to get psyched for stuff like sets of 225 on the bench when that was child's play before.

Staying hungry.  The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »
rics right. sucks to get old. almost 60, lifting for 40 years. now, basically everything hurts. knees, shoulders, back most days, and now i can add my right hip, starting to act up.
starting to lighten the load. just can't do it anymore. not giving up, but the writing is on the wall.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »
I'm 50, natty and still doing: 100lb DB flat presses, squatting 250 for 15 full reps and pulling 405 for a few reps.

What's been working for me is:

- Eat 4x meals day.
- Avoid sugar/desserts.

Yep. I still look < 30 and have more energy than a 16 year old. Sex multiple times daily. I still do singles while lifting though cuz I'm crazy. No aches or pains and fuck hrt too.

io856

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »
everyone in this thread is an expert

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 12:34:50 AM »
Immortality in exchange for some occasional spam thoughts?  Definitely, assuming it means being healthy also or at least not totally fucked up.  Seriously, who wouldn't?  Mathwise even if 50 percent of my thoughts are influenced, I still have 50 percent of me v. 100 percent of nothing.

I would never exchange mortality for that, ever, but that's just me.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 01:25:55 AM »

- Eat 4x meals day.
- Avoid sugar/desserts.

some great advice here

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 01:28:47 AM »

how many real athletes, i.e. people who play sports, "cut out sugar" and do "Peleo or Keto" ???

Been on this train for a while albeit I still have heavy lifting days once in a while. Looking better than ever no matter what city I'm in or pool party I will always look in the top 3 when shirtless.

::)

in reality you're roided up, trying hard to overcompensate for lack of god-given muscle

real people can look past the caricature to see the tiny tit within

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 02:28:17 AM »
Interviews some real legends. liked his Steve Davis interview :)