Author Topic: Who will Hillary Clinton’s ‘basket of deplorables’ comment actually alienate?  (Read 1882 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
How many Racist/sexist/xenophobic/Islamophobics were going to vote for Hillary anyway?

How many swing voter soccer moms are now going to say "You know, I was thinking of supporting the democrat, but the rude way she insulted racists, I just don't think I like her anymore..."   ???

Clinton later apologized for saying "half".   Correct, it is fewer... but if you think about it... aren't many of these folks PROUD to be this way?  They don't hide the way they want to kick out muslims, they don't hide the way they feel about certain races. They aren't afraid to call obama illegal or use the C-word to describe hilary.

I know trump has to pounce and pretend he's offended... but wasn't the whole point of his campaign that people were now free to openly say "kick them muslims the hell out!" and be proud of it?  

WPOST:

1. Clinton supporters. They support Clinton; it seems unlikely they'll be put out.

2. Racist/sexist/xenophobic/Islamophobic Trump supporters. How big a group is this? It's hard to say. Clinton's spokesman Nick Merrill tried to defend his boss's use of "half" by saying on Twitter that the racist/xenophobic types "appear to make up half of his crowd" at events. (Update: Clinton issued a statement on Saturday apologizing for implying it was "half" of Trump supporters.) We do know that 7 percent of Trump supporters think the candidate is racist, suggesting that they themselves don't see racism as a dealbreaker. Regardless of the actual fraction of the Trump base this group constitutes, Clinton's not likely to change their minds away from their preferred candidate, either.

3. Non-'deplorable' Trump supporters. This group will go one of two ways. They'll either a. see Clinton's remarks as insulting them as a whole, or b. be reminded that there are elements of Trump's base of support that makes them uncomfortable. That sense may spur them to be less enthusiastic to go vote for Trump in November.

But notice: Either way, there's no loss for Clinton! If she spurs some Trump supporters to reconsider, the loss is to Trump.

4. Undecided voters. They'll go one of two ways, too, it seems. Some may think Clinton was being rude and be less likely to support her. Some may similarly be reminded about elements of Trump's base that they don't like and be less likely to back him.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
How many Racist/sexist/xenophobic/Islamophobics were going to vote for Hillary anyway?

How many swing voter soccer moms are now going to say "You know, I was thinking of supporting the democrat, but the rude way she insulted racists, I just don't think I like her anymore..."   ???

Clinton later apologized for saying "half".   Correct, it is fewer... but if you think about it... aren't many of these folks PROUD to be this way?  They don't hide the way they want to kick out muslims, they don't hide the way they feel about certain races. They aren't afraid to call obama illegal or use the C-word to describe hilary.

I know trump has to pounce and pretend he's offended... but wasn't the whole point of his campaign that people were now free to openly say "kick them muslims the hell out!" and be proud of it?  

WPOST:

1. Clinton supporters. They support Clinton; it seems unlikely they'll be put out.

2. Racist/sexist/xenophobic/Islamophobic Trump supporters. How big a group is this? It's hard to say. Clinton's spokesman Nick Merrill tried to defend his boss's use of "half" by saying on Twitter that the racist/xenophobic types "appear to make up half of his crowd" at events. (Update: Clinton issued a statement on Saturday apologizing for implying it was "half" of Trump supporters.) We do know that 7 percent of Trump supporters think the candidate is racist, suggesting that they themselves don't see racism as a dealbreaker. Regardless of the actual fraction of the Trump base this group constitutes, Clinton's not likely to change their minds away from their preferred candidate, either.

3. Non-'deplorable' Trump supporters. This group will go one of two ways. They'll either a. see Clinton's remarks as insulting them as a whole, or b. be reminded that there are elements of Trump's base of support that makes them uncomfortable. That sense may spur them to be less enthusiastic to go vote for Trump in November.

But notice: Either way, there's no loss for Clinton! If she spurs some Trump supporters to reconsider, the loss is to Trump.

4. Undecided voters. They'll go one of two ways, too, it seems. Some may think Clinton was being rude and be less likely to support her. Some may similarly be reminded about elements of Trump's base that they don't like and be less likely to back him.

Just like Romney's 47% don't pay taxes quote
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Just like Romney's 47% don't pay taxes quote

that was my first thought.   But then I looked at that quote again:

1. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

He's saying anyone who is dependent upon govt, doesn't pay tax = victoms, and that it's not his job to worry about them.

Now, saying half of trump's supporters are racist/sexist... really it's just a math error on her part, right?  I mean, 7% of trump supporters believe trump is a racist, and still support him.  So they're endorsing racism.  So it's at least 7% of the population.  Maybe she was wrong about that 50% number.

You really think they're the same? 

iwantmass

• Getbig III
that was my first thought.   But then I looked at that quote again:

1. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

He's saying anyone who is dependent upon govt, doesn't pay tax = victoms, and that it's not his job to worry about them.

Now, saying half of trump's supporters are racist/sexist... really it's just a math error on her part, right?  I mean, 7% of trump supporters believe trump is a racist, and still support him.  So they're endorsing racism.  So it's at least 7% of the population.  Maybe she was wrong about that 50% number.

You really think they're the same?  

Where did you come up with this 7% that think trump is a racist?  If someone assumes someone is a racist and that person isn't, it doesn't mean they are supporting racism; it means they are ignorant to the facts.  I don't know whether he is a racist or not, but I haven't seen him say anything racist.   Why weren't we this concerned about the black racist that supported obama, or those that falsely accuse others of being racist voting democrat?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
I don't know whether he is a racist or not, but I haven't seen him say anything racist.  

Your definition of saying racist things must be different than mine.

1) claiming Obama was not born in the US.
2) using the Star of David to criticize Hillary as corrupt
3) claiming Mexican immigrants are rapists
4) claiming the judge in the Trump University lawsuit cannot be fair to Trump because he's of Mexican descent
5) the 1989 full page ads against the Central Park 5 (who's convictions were finally overturned in 2002 with DNA evidence)

then there is this

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/comments/4r2yxs/a_final_response_to_the_tell_me_why_trump_is/

iwantmass

• Getbig III
Your definition of saying racist things must be different than mine.

1) claiming Obama was not born in the US.
2) using the Star of David to criticize Hillary as corrupt
3) claiming Mexican immigrants are rapists
4) claiming the judge in the Trump University lawsuit cannot be fair to Trump because he's of Mexican descent
5) the 1989 full page ads against the Central Park 5 (who's convictions were finally overturned in 2002 with DNA evidence)

then there is this

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/comments/4r2yxs/a_final_response_to_the_tell_me_why_trump_is/

No, i just actually stick to the definition

1. How is claiming someone wasn't born in the US racist?
2. He didn't use the star of david.  Jews don't hold the rights to 6 pointed stars.  The liberal media jumped on that because it was a 6 pointed star.
3. He didn't claim all mexican immigrants were rapists.  He was implying we have plenty of illegal immigrants that engage in  criminal activities.  In the same breath, and what you choose to ignore, is he also said that he loved the good mexican people.
4. He claimed a judge would be partial due to ethnicity.  How is that racist?  He didn't call him a dumb sorry no good spic  or insinuate hateful rhetoric as a result of him being mexican.  Why don't you look up that judge's political affiliations if you need to speculate on his possible partiality.
5.  How is that racist.  We are allowed to think black people commit crimes, even if wrongly doing so.  It doesn't mean he did so because he was racist. It means he was ignorant and wrong

That's the problem with liberals like you.  If I were to be repulsed with you because of your idiotic liberal view points, you would accuse me of being a homophobe, when in actuality your sexual preference means nothing to me.  I just think you are a fucking idiot

I'm not responding to all of your reddit bullshit. It is typical behavior from people like yourself, that accuse everyone they disagree with of bigotry.  How idiotic.  One of the articles you linked actually says "we can't say for sure, but we think trump photoshopped a white model black...oh boy.

I'll try your tactic. And there is this

http://www.snopes.com/so-you-think-you-know-donald-trump/

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
1. How is claiming someone wasn't born in the US racist?

because the evidence was overwhelming that he was born in the US, and even if he hadn't been, his mother was a US citizen, making him a citizen.  See John McCain (born in Panama) and Ted Cruz (born in Canada).  That it went on and on and on was only to try to de-legitimize the first black president of the US.

2. He didn't use the star of david.  Jews don't hold the rights to 6 pointed stars.  The liberal media jumped on that because it was a 6 pointed star.

this one!  take a six pointed star the exact same shape as the star of david, place it on a pic of a pile of money, add the word corrupt.  Nope. No hidden message there.  Oh and no one in the Trump camp created the meme.  They grabbed it off of a white supremacist website.

4. He claimed a judge would be partial due to ethnicity.  How is that racist? 

because the judge is an american with a stellar judicial record. 

questioning someone's morality, values or ability to do their job based on a benign characteristic such as where their parents or grandparents were born, that's pretty much the definition of racism.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
because the evidence was overwhelming that he was born in the US, and even if he hadn't been, his mother was a US citizen, making him a citizen.  See John McCain (born in Panama) and Ted Cruz (born in Canada).  That it went on and on and on was only to try to de-legitimize the first black president of the US.

this one!  take a six pointed star the exact same shape as the star of david, place it on a pic of a pile of money, add the word corrupt.  Nope. No hidden message there.  Oh and no one in the Trump camp created the meme.  They grabbed it off of a white supremacist website.

because the judge is an american with a stellar judicial record.  

questioning someone's morality, values or ability to do their job based on a benign characteristic such as where their parents or grandparents were born, that's pretty much the definition of racism.

No, zero of that is racism. It is just what liberals have become accustomed to calling racism.  Nonsense like that is the exact reason a complete jackass like Trump is even in the running for the presidency.  Most people are sick of being accused of being a bigot when there is no merit to the accusation.

This is just liberals attempts to infringe of speech they disagree with, by stoking fear of being accused of hateful language.

I can freely incorrectly accuse someone of being from wherever I want.  I can use a symbol that closely resembles another symbol, with no intended offense.  And I can certainly assume partiality if I feel a relationship might influence a bias against me.  Blacks do that last 1 all the time. They constantly assume they won't get a fair shake from white police officers, etc.  I bet you don't accuse them of being racist

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Where did you come up with this 7% that think trump is a racist?  If someone assumes someone is a racist and that person isn't, it doesn't mean they are supporting racism; it means they are ignorant to the facts.  I don't know whether he is a racist or not, but I haven't seen him say anything racist.   Why weren't we this concerned about the black racist that supported obama, or those that falsely accuse others of being racist voting democrat?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/01/7-percent-of-donald-trump-supporters-think-hes-racist/

It's real.  And YES, if you believe someone is racist, and you support them for pres, then by definition, you are deplorable. 

Honestly, the only people here who should be offended are racists and sexists.  ANyone who is "butthurt on their behalf" needs to harden the fck up.  All we hear about from Trump supporters is how they're tired of politically correct bullshit.  They get called 'deplorable', a word they probably had to look up, and they're crying about how offended they are.

They're either tough as nails, or they have a right to bitch and moan.  Leave the "everything offends me" bullshit to the libs, right?

iwantmass

• Getbig III
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/01/7-percent-of-donald-trump-supporters-think-hes-racist/

It's real.  And YES, if you believe someone is racist, and you support them for pres, then by definition, you are deplorable.  

Honestly, the only people here who should be offended are racists and sexists.  ANyone who is "butthurt on their behalf" needs to harden the fck up.  All we hear about from Trump supporters is how they're tired of politically correct bullshit.  They get called 'deplorable', a word they probably had to look up, and they're crying about how offended they are.

They're either tough as nails, or they have a right to bitch and moan.  Leave the "everything offends me" bullshit to the libs, right?

Oddly enough, the link to the poll doesn't work because the poll has been removed from suffolk university's website.  No, supporting someone that you think is a racist doesn't necassirly make you deplorable.  It means you possibly consider the other option even worse.  I think trump is a full-of-shit narcissistic asshole that hasn't educated himself on politics at all, even given he is running for president.  Yet, I'm willing to vote over that versus hillary.  I'm  not happy with either choice, but I think the Clinton's have had their time in politics.  

And I say all this, yet I still think there is no chance trump wins.

I'm personally not offended by what hillary said, but I certainly find it newsworthy that a presidential candidate would call half of an opposing candidate's voter base deplorable.  Furthermore, I find it odd that you don't, given the attention you give to every idiotic thing trump says, that don't hold a candle to slamming millions of people

240 is Back

• Getbig V
No, supporting someone that you think is a racist doesn't necassirly make you deplorable.

Racism = deplorable.
Racists = deplorable.

voting for racists = also deplorable.

pretty cut n dry.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
Racism = deplorable.
Racists = deplorable.

voting for racists = also deplorable.

pretty cut n dry.

Not if you think the other option is worse. It's choosing the lesser of 2 evils.  By the way, I've seen nothing to indicate he is a racist. Just liberals such as tim Fogarty And yourself grasping at straws.  Some people just might find his hypothetical racism to be more tolerable than her criminal behavior, potential continuation of the same old policy, elevating herself above the common citizen, etc.

Nice try at liberal talking points though...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
By the way, I've seen nothing to indicate he is a racist.

He said a judge born in Indiana was incapable of being a fair judge because he was Mexican.

Um, case closed.  That's some racist shit to say.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Not if you think the other option is worse. It's choosing the lesser of 2 evils.  

see... THIS I can respect.   If you say "okay, trump is a mess, his foreign policy is irrational, and yeah, that shit does border on racist... BUT I do think he'll do LESS DAMAGE than Hilary, so I support him...."

THAT, I can get behind completely, and give you props for your honesty, and your contribution to the american voting experience.

It's when people say "Yeah, I think taking the oil, dropping nukes more, letting Russia take over half the globe, firing the generals, is perfectly rational and really good ideas" that they disgust me.  Glad to see you aren't doing that.

iwantmass

• Getbig III
see... THIS I can respect.   If you say "okay, trump is a mess, his foreign policy is irrational, and yeah, that shit does border on racist... BUT I do think he'll do LESS DAMAGE than Hilary, so I support him...."

THAT, I can get behind completely, and give you props for your honesty, and your contribution to the american voting experience.

It's when people say "Yeah, I think taking the oil, dropping nukes more, letting Russia take over half the globe, firing the generals, is perfectly rational and really good ideas" that they disgust me.  Glad to see you aren't doing that.

Sadly, your first 2 sentences sum up the reason I will be voting for trump

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Sadly, your first 2 sentences sum up the reason I will be voting for trump

can't argue with that.  i use getbig for entertainment, to debate, to stay sharp, but may end up being myself as well.  this whole election sucks.  hilary is a non-factor for me, no clinton will ever get my vote.  I'm not "coach".   

trump is just reckless and dangerous.  he WANTS to use nukes, he wants to be arm in arm with Putin.  He's mentally a child... do you agree there?  He's just odd about things, highly immature and weird.   "If putin wants to praise me, I'll praise him".... that's childish.   He's a dictator who jails his political enemies... trump willl praise him if he praises trump?   something childish about that. 

I was looking at johnson.  He's not ready, he's a stoner without a curious mind.  The only curious mind, the person who wants to learn, in 2016 is hilary, and she's an evil liar. 

iwantmass

• Getbig III
He said a judge born in Indiana was incapable of being a fair judge because he was Mexican.

Um, case closed.  That's some racist shit to say.

Blacks say that white police officers are unable of enforcing the law fairly against them because they are black.  Do.you consider that racist too?  It's identical

iwantmass

• Getbig III
can't argue with that.  i use getbig for entertainment, to debate, to stay sharp, but may end up being myself as well.  this whole election sucks.  hilary is a non-factor for me, no clinton will ever get my vote.  I'm not "coach".   

trump is just reckless and dangerous.  he WANTS to use nukes, he wants to be arm in arm with Putin.  He's mentally a child... do you agree there?  He's just odd about things, highly immature and weird.   "If putin wants to praise me, I'll praise him".... that's childish.   He's a dictator who jails his political enemies... trump willl praise him if he praises trump?   something childish about that. 

I was looking at johnson.  He's not ready, he's a stoner without a curious mind.  The only curious mind, the person who wants to learn, in 2016 is hilary, and she's an evil liar. 

I think most of what he says is done for entertainment value. My hope would be that when It came.to decision making time, he would rely on his council and make a more reasonable decision.  I don't have anything to support that

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Blacks say that white police officers are unable of enforcing the law fairly against them because they are black.  Do.you consider that racist too?  It's identical

fuck yes that's racist too.   it's stupid and racist and just plain dumb.  

everyone knows cops care about BLUE.   A white cop will frame a white man, if it means protecting a black cop.    Cops love blue and shit on citizens sometimes.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think most of what he says is done for entertainment value. My hope would be that when It came.to decision making time, he would rely on his council and make a more reasonable decision.  I don't have anything to support that

MEX just passed a law saying if Trump revokes nafta - as he said he would - they will reverse annex on texas, nmex, and parts of arizona. 

They are making legislation to start disputes for border territories that they gave up, that we kinda took - they are going to make their claim.  Trump is still 2 months from election day - but already his crazy statements have created a nice ready-made border crisis.

It's time for him to shut up and be presidential.  It's been time.  I don't think he has it in him.  He claims he was TRICKED into going on russian TV to shit on US president and govt - he's either that stupid, or lying.  I dont know which is scarier.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
MEX just passed a law saying if Trump revokes nafta - as he said he would - they will reverse annex on texas, nmex, and parts of arizona. 

They are making legislation to start disputes for border territories that they gave up, that we kinda took - they are going to make their claim.  Trump is still 2 months from election day - but already his crazy statements have created a nice ready-made border crisis.

It's time for him to shut up and be presidential.  It's been time.  I don't think he has it in him.  He claims he was TRICKED into going on russian TV to shit on US president and govt - he's either that stupid, or lying.  I dont know which is scarier.

That would be the dumbest thing Mexico could do.

Shut up and be presidential? Look at what is president right now and how he behaves...
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
That would be the dumbest thing Mexico could do.

Shut up and be presidential? Look at what is president right now and how he behaves...

the 2016 candidate is supposed to be an improvement.  Saying "hey, trump can do dumb shit cause obama does..." doesn't cut it.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
the 2016 candidate is supposed to be an improvement.  Saying "hey, trump can do dumb shit cause obama does..." doesn't cut it.

It will with the majority of American voters.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
It will with the majority of American voters.

i haven't seen Trump hit 50% in any poll yet.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
i haven't seen Trump hit 50% in any poll yet.

November 8th.
a